NRL NRL 2021 Season - Round 22

Who is the third team ?

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Melbourne, Penrith and Souths with Souths being the least likely. Others are making up the numbers. Manly are the 4th best side but really there’s 10 awful teams

More chance than Manly. Shut Tom down (which the good sides do- the top 3) and they have very little. Realistically the top 2 are in the GF.
I’m not convinced that Penrith are actually playing that well and will turn it on. Think Souths will beat them in finals.

I’m not convinced that Penrith are actually playing that well and will turn it on. Think Souths will beat them in finals.

Cleary back is huge actually still have them as clear favourites. He’ll be better for the run after this week too.

Tigger Please!

Koo Koo Ka-Choo
Oct 24, 2005
Bourgeois Bohemia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Wests Tigers
Melbourne, Penrith and Souths with Souths being the least likely. Others are making up the numbers. Manly are the 4th best side but really there’s 10 awful teams

Melbourne are another level above the other two again, although Canberra showed that there are frailties on the edges
He is copping 3-4 weeks for the incident (albeit loading involved).

Let’s agree to disagree though.

Personally he’s lucky it’s only 3-4.

Agree with both; I love the way Victor plays and feel for him as I don't think there was any malice in his actions.
However, attacking a kicker's legs, whatever the surrounding circumstances, is anathema; it simply cannot be tolerated.

Melbourne are another level above the other two again, although Canberra showed that there are frailties on the edges

Agree with both; I love the way Victor plays and feel for him as I don't think there was any malice in his actions.
However, attacking a kicker's legs, whatever the surrounding circumstances, is anathema; it simply cannot be tolerated.

Still feel Penrith are easily the favourites. Cleary back is huge and Luai to a degree. Both have 3 weeks to get fully match fit. I don’t see Melbourne beating Penrith unless Paps is playing fullback at what he was before he was injured. People are forgetting no one was getting even close to Penrith before Origin and these injuries and they have a full side now. Clear team to beat. Don’t see Souths winning they don’t have the middle forwards, front rowers to contend.

Agree on the Radley incident love him as a player but attacking the legs isn’t tough he’s just lucky he hasn’t caused severe injury.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
I think Penrith looked the best side for much of the comp, but after Origin and the Cleary injury they've been knocked back, whereas Melbourne are on a roll. Be interested to see Souths and Manly take on the top sides, they both attack so well, but is it enough?

Paul66

Cancelled
May 10, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
I think Penrith looked the best side for much of the comp, but after Origin and the Cleary injury they've been knocked back, whereas Melbourne are on a roll. Be interested to see Souths and Manly take on the top sides, they both attack so well, but is it enough?
No. When you get down to it, it's currently a battle to see which teams get knocked out by Melbourne and Penrith the week before the GF.
Even Penrith are making up the numbers.

No. When you get down to it, it's currently a battle to see which teams get knocked out by Melbourne and Penrith the week before the GF.
Even Penrith are making up the numbers.

I would still give Souths a chance IF it all clicks. Might not be ready this year but they have players that would make those top sides nervous meaning Walker, Cook and Mitchell. Gut says unfortunately it will be a boring Melbourne vs Penrith final though.

So, the Warriors won. The NRL set the usual standard when you commit foul play on a Warriors player despite a weekend where two players have been sent off for similar offences.
I don’t think Barrett thought it was even a penalty. 🤣🤣

sosos

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Melbourne, Penrith GF almost a certainty.

Souths and Manly can look awesome, but just lack the brutal ruthlessness those two have.

Manly's only chance is if they have their full complement of forwards to choose from.

Most halves are like this, but Dce especially can't cope with pressure on his kicking game so they are very reliant on the big forwards making ground up the middle.

Melbourne, Penrith GF almost a certainty.

Souths and Manly can look awesome, but just lack the brutal ruthlessness those two have.

Manly's only chance is if they have their full complement of forwards to choose from.

Most halves are like this, but Dce especially can't cope with pressure on his kicking game so they are very reliant on the big forwards making ground up the middle.

Unfortunately you are correct. Won't be a GF I will love watching but they are the best two sides. Give Souths an outside hope but that's it. Rest are making up the numbers..I mean seriously they are EIGHT POINTS below third. That is a good indicator.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
Gut says unfortunately it will be a boring Melbourne vs Penrith final though.

Why the negativity? Why not a 'thrilling' Melbourne/Penrith final? They have been the best two teams over the season.

Sometimes I think you guys' club loyalties stop you enjoying the sport as much as you might.

Why the negativity? Why not a 'thrilling' Melbourne/Penrith final? They have been the best two teams over the season.

Sometimes I think you guys' club loyalties stop you enjoying the sport as much as you might.

Just don’t find either side as one I’d love to win. Sorry I’m a bit over Melbourne winning and Penrith after what Cleary did to the Tigers…arrh.

Back