Review Round 22 vs Essendon @ Alphabet Stadium (Sunday 15.08.2021 - 3:20pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm barracking for monumental losses in our last 2 games. The club's hand needs to be forced for next year.
As hard as it is to watch this I think you are right OB11. We were pathetic against the Demons and the pressure came off Dew when we won last week. Only a couple of flogging to finish the year and some interest from Clarkson could force the AFLs hand

I don’t think we need to go on a witch-hunt just yet for Dew and the crew. There are plenty of positives coming out of this season. Also agree with you Sunny. We have half of the vfl team out there. Injuries are part of the game so not going to use it as an excuse but we have been able to get games into Sharp, Jeffrey etc who may not have got the chance otherwise. We are a few list decisions away from success. Draper has killed Smith today and the Bombers are nearly at full strength

Lockdown would be so much better with a good team, it sucks being stuck in all week waiting for the footy and getting blown out most weeks

Game summary:

Rory Atkins impact = we scored 1 goal to essendons 0

Touk Miller gets 30 touches with 15 seconds left

Peter Wright is a fraud

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read the article and I can understand the thinking behind playing the game at GMHBA, but what logic was it to pass up a home game, in front of a home crowd over a ridiculous, narrow stadium, that we’ve never won a game at, that doesn’t suit our game style infront of no one?

not a chance Brisbane would make that decision even if they had to do hotel quarantine

Yep Wright was impressive wasn't he. Absolute dominant midfield going his way and he could not get near it. Any remotely decent backman will destroy him.

All week I coped the Suns are idiots for trading 2m Peter this week the excuses were back can’t have him kicking goals this week or it would have been 100+ plus, he is having an off week. 19 games, 25 goals no big loss

All week I coped the Suns are idiots for trading 2m Peter this week the excuses were back can’t have him kicking goals this week or it would have been 100+ plus, he is having an off week. 19 games, 25 goals no big loss

You’re not the only one mate, I gave him a roasting and copped it from a few on this board in pure distaste. But I was *Wright* he’s a useless hack who beat up on a shitty excuse of a player in Schache who shouldn’t even be on an AFL list. Wright could not get near it all day and as I predicted Collins dominated him. Thanks for allowing us to free up $500k plus of salary Wright!!

You’re not the only one mate, I gave him a roasting and copped it from a few on this board in pure distaste. But I was *Wright* he’s a useless hack who beat up on a shitty excuse of a player in Schache who shouldn’t even be on an AFL list. Wright could not get near it all day and as I predicted Collins dominated him. Thanks for allowing us to free up $500k plus of salary Wright!!
He doesn't care
He's a wanted player at a finals Club

Pretty pathetic when we get ragdolled by a team but the best we've got is "at least 2MP didn't kick a bag"
The little victories
I think the little victories in regard to something like the Peter Wright trade are only relevant on a board like this, where people seem to respond and react to absurd levels, almost minute to minute.

Peter Wright was the second coming of Christ last week based on one game. So yeah, little victories at this point.

Officially 18th in points scored for the season, with the gap to 17th looking like opening up with Sydney to come next week.

I know having a middle of the road defence is great and all, but if we don’t spend the summer installing a gameplan that gives us even a chance of scoring then you can probably say goodbye to the club (a bit dramatic I know).

The complete disconnect between the forward line and the mids/defence is incredible.

I think the little victories in regard to something like the Peter Wright trade are only relevant on a board like this, where people seem to respond and react to absurd levels, almost minute to minute.

Peter Wright was the second coming of Christ last week based on one game. So yeah, little victories at this point.

The second coming of Christ is Sam Draper after he gave Zac smith a bath

Officially 18th in points scored for the season, with the gap to 17th looking like opening up with Sydney to come next week.

I know having a middle of the road defence is great and all, but if we don’t spend the summer installing a gameplan that gives us even a chance of scoring then you can probably say goodbye to the club (a bit dramatic I know).

The complete disconnect between the forward line and the mids/defence is incredible.

It’s impossible to score any goals, 100 points in a game is an absolute miracle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back