On the weekend I played...

Remove this Banner Ad

ive played battletech games on PC since the crescent hawks inception :)
I still remember how blown away i was by the Mechwarrior 2 intro scene.
Somebody upscaled the intros on youtube to 4k

the HBS battletech game was good - i play with a mod called Roguetech which adds so much to it.

never played MW5 though.

Thanks for the tip of the HBS mod - do you play this MP or SP?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First games catchup in about 3 months. The usual four of us, plus another friend.

Firstly April of Pandemic Legacy Season 0 - mostly a success. One objective fully completed and the other 2 out of 3 parts (counts as a success, but there is an on-going penalty for not 3 of 3).
Trials disrupted in 2 out of 3 cities. The third got infected.
3CD6AD43-91E4-41FC-9E06-DFAB2BD1DDA1.jpeg

Then onto Horrified. Taking on Dracula and the Creature from the Black Lagoon. We won easily. Would bump difficulty to 3 monsters next time.
59DDC470-AFCF-4C75-8D3F-1BA7BAC31EFB.jpeg

After that the friend with Wingspan had gotten the Oceania expansion, so played with the local birds. Wife and I tied for last behind the other three (but not huge margins).

048A4720-DF41-4F0F-9815-81769D5DA3FA.jpeg

Finished off the night with Just One. With the extra fifth player we had a few clashes for words, which at four players we rarely do.

A second gaming catch up in short succession Sunday.

Firstly Pandemic Legacy Season 0 - so far doing best of the three. May we completed all three objectives fully.
We even managed to have only one Incident and actually reduced the number of cities under surveillance. Of course we’ll probably now crash badly next time after such a good result.
7887B21F-AC52-47AD-AADC-321606F74E57.jpeg

Then Stuffed Fables for the first time since last July. To finally finish the first Story (several stories, each made up of multiple scenarios). We plan to try and go Pandemic / Stuffed Fables to get through it before we have great great grandchildren with Stuffies 😳

BB4ED7D7-1663-4B28-8B2D-600216087CBF.jpeg

Finished off with Sushi Party Go (came second) and then Just One.

Last edited:
Tonight completed another scenario of Forgotten Waters. We’d finished most on the weekend, so wrapped up with a couple of big ship to ship fights. Plus got to smash the Megaladon earlier.

First time in 3 scenarios managed to get one of my Pirates get the maximum 5 of 5 constellations (bonuses you get by getting enough skills along the way). Juan the Lovesick Pirate got his Mermaid bride (and 5000 kids) in the end 😳

BF7640C3-A7BA-42DA-8C4D-17E997F6303C.jpeg 564A1C52-2D84-40E8-BBC8-158A8701EF55.jpeg

Played our first session of Forgotten Waters last Friday - great game, hilarious, just good fun. Our gaming group are well versed in serious, competitive games, but FW was a nice change of pace and got a resounding thumbs up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So the reign of successes in Pandemic Legacy Season 0 ends. We got 2 out of 3 objectives fully completed and the third partially for June, so considered a success. As per Legacy’s common theme, no good deed goes unpunished with down to only 4 event cards for a crack at July as well. Also three objectives, which we missed all of 😒

Some new actions and cards added at the end of the first try at July that should help quite a bit for our second try.

For June we cracked the safe house puzzle and bugged the control tower successfully. We only interrupted 1 of 4 trials, that’s considered a success, but given that left us with three more cities infected, a pyrrhic win.

July introduced Soviet satellites to monitor anyone outside a safe house (burning cover), later in the game (cards to launch them put in the 4th and 5th escalation groups of cards). Some stuff to help mitigate them given at the end of July, so fingers crossed do better next try.
C8BE32D8-33AE-4820-8B54-7DE3656F0B0B.jpeg

After just some quick games. Flourish, which roped eldest into for a 5 player game. Then Get the McGuffin and Just One. 2 scores of 10, best we’ve gotten is 12 only once. That elusive 13 of 13 we’ll crack one day.
4094DB93-B1E7-4AA9-9557-4C400927940F.jpeg

Lost Ruins of Arnak

- really enjoyed this one, we had our uncle bring it over and it was a terrific worker placement sort of game. Lots of content and decisions to make. Loved the deck building element and how it synced up with resource managemen.

Cubitos
- new favourite. Dice builder, racing game. Fairly light weight but lots of fun building your dice pool and seeing things gather momentum as you progress. Loved it. Will probably offload a few other dice rolling, push your luck games now as I can’t see us wanting to play them over this.

Marvel United

- a few more rounds of this game to try and work through the huge amount of characters and modules in this game.

Will probably offload a few other dice rolling, push your luck games now as I can’t see us wanting to play them over this.
My games just pile up. I think I have only ever sold about three.

So the reign of successes in Pandemic Legacy Season 0 ends. We got 2 out of 3 objectives fully completed and the third partially for June, so considered a success. As per Legacy’s common theme, no good deed goes unpunished with down to only 4 event cards for a crack at July as well. Also three objectives, which we missed all of 😒
I grabbed a copy of this recently (thanks Christmas Gameology voucher) and have organised a group; just need to get the game started!

I'm in a different group for season 1 and we're almost finished. We just nabbed an L in the first half of December so only one game of it to go.

Kemet tonight with the ol’ D&D crew:

36369FF9-EC96-44DC-AC61-84FAC7CDAF94.jpeg
Using the obelisk pieces I 3D printed and painted up.

I ended up on 6 points with two other players battling it out for the 9 points.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gaming catch up Saturday.
Firstly second crack at July in Pandemic Legacy Season 0. Going from 4 events to 6 and some ability to mitigate the
satellites
helped a big turnaround for 0 of 3 objectives down to all 3 completed.
0C9CEB4D-ED34-4788-8951-C94396AD5C33.jpeg

No new cities permanently out breaking to surrounding locations either. We managed to get one less city with surveillance and an extra permanent safe house out. A complete win with no downsides. So far only 2 of 7 months have required the second attempt and none failed twice yet, so better then our efforts at seasons 1 and 2 so far.

Afterwards Welcome To, Just One, Mountains Goats and Word Slam.

Tried our hand at the prologue of Pandemic Season 0. We got close but ended up with an L. The importance of creating teams became quite apparent, and probably what cost us in the end. Really good though and a nice departure from both standard Pandemic and the virus theme (after almost finishing season 1 with another group).

Finally got to get that game of Tiny Epic Pirates in yesterday afternoon. Managed to get my third treasure buried before the wife.

BA3C5857-333E-4B7B-AB64-7ECFFC7CC116.jpeg

Then onto something cooperative in the evening - Mansions of Madness. We both had one insane investigator at the end and we’re fighting a 32 HP Hunting Horror at the end, with it that another round would have had us toast. Thankfully the two insane conditions didn’t stop us achieving victory (one was no clue tokens left and the other wasn’t allowed to do the same action more then once a turn).

7348E15D-C1BB-4DAD-A568-474D7F184DD6.jpeg 13477063-637A-49A4-A73D-13DC891AEE43.jpeg

Games night with gaming friends last night. First up Pandemic Legacy Season 0 - September. We completed all 3 objectives at first crack at the month.

Just about a flawless victory, no outbreaks of disease and only 3 incidents. Which with the event card allowing you to move some incidents to another city with incidents, we only had one surveillance to add to a city that already had 2. Of course that probably means stuffed next time, but with 3 months to go definitely our most successful of the three so far.

544682D9-7815-4D68-9DFA-DF23A460BF0A.jpeg D19B28AE-3151-48A9-B1B2-49FDE23E62B1.jpeg
After Pandemic Legacy, a game of Potion Explosion and a couple of goes at Just One. That perfect 13 continues to elude us. Lots of 2 or even 3 doing the same word as the clue last night.

Tonight the wife and I finally got in a game of Viscounts of the West Kingdom (her Christmas present from last year).

Destroyed her 134 to 68, but we’d forgotten half the scoring rules from run through watched so didn’t expect as big a win. Lesson is don’t leave the Castle to be mostly done by one player, that was my biggest score contributor. Won’t get most of it the next time I’m sure. Both enjoyed it though. Makes up for her beating me easily at first go of Paladins of the West Kingdom.

D8C754BD-521C-4A9F-A40B-F288F519F6D0.jpeg

Attachments

• 04108031-FD87-4439-9DAA-7DFCEC5EEB58.jpeg
    04108031-FD87-4439-9DAA-7DFCEC5EEB58.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
To finish off plenty of gaming this weekend we played Tapestry, my wife recently bought (getting in a few games whilst she’s on Uni holidays and kids on school holidays, before we hit little time to play much again). Second game of two against her won in two days, but we split wins around 50/50 across games so neither get too fazed unless it gets to a really bad streak of losses 🤪

D56AE044-15A1-4987-AB4D-80C6E7028E21.jpeg E998E85C-17EA-4B10-824C-D42A6912ACFC.jpeg

First game of Century A New World last night. We have Spice Road, but for our first game didn’t combine with the Spice Road market. Next time will combine with that. Still to get Eastern Wonders so can combine all three. A narrow win 59-56.

View attachment 1199595View attachment 1199596
I think this one, as it is, is my favourite in the series. Followed closely by Spice Road. Eastern Wonders feels a little bit more “full” mechanically, but it plays at a different pace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back