No Oppo Supporters The Positivity Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Many times of the years, once Freo is headed, the other team just strolls away with the game, and Freo retreat into their shells.

This season, Freo have been headed in the last quarter, ........ and I get that sinking feeling. Well now the boys are starting to dig in and go to another level to grab the lead and secure the win.

We have developed a lot of grit.

The noise of “BAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!” every tackle in the last quarter was incredible. Must have been awesome at the game
last quarter was unreal, schultz and serong's goal was right in front of me and the crowd went insane

Many times of the years, once Freo is headed, the other team just strolls away with the game, and Freo retreat into their shells.

This season, Freo have been headed in the last quarter, ........ and I get that sinking feeling. Well now the boys are starting to dig in and go to another level to grab the lead and secure the win.

We have developed a lot of grit.

Definitely. There was a point in the Adelaide, Sydney, Collingwood and Tigers games were the opposition took the lead in the last quarter and seemed to have the momentum. To the boys' credit, we wrestled it back and won the match. We've also let games slip however - against Carlton and Essendon.

Too many tight games for my liking! I look forward to the day, when we can put teams away!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok I got something this week.. for everything that has happened this season, the injuries, the crappy accuracy, the big losses against some quality opposition we have won 10 games.

Definitely threw away the Essendon and Carlton games. Not to mention the fact we have lost to Carlton twice and had to play them away from home because there was what... 1 case in WA

2 extra wins, 12 wins for the season. Let me repeat that 12 wins with a game to spare could have won 13 games.

Addressing the forward line is a must

We are well on our way, sometimes it doesn’t seem that way but if things start to go freos way with regards to a bit of continuity with the list and building chemistry who knows what is possible. How many of us thought we would win tonight??? I certainly didn’t.

****** proud of the lads tonight and how good is it that we get to watch Caleb Serong for the next decade and more.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ok I got something this week.. for everything that has happened this season, the injuries, the crappy accuracy, the big losses against some quality opposition we have won 10 games.

Definitely threw away the Essendon and Carlton games. Not to mention the fact we have lost to Carlton twice and had to play them away from home because there was what... 1 case in WA

2 extra wins, 12 wins for the season. Let me repeat that 12 wins with a game to spare could have won 13 games.

Addressing the forward line is a must

We are well on our way, sometimes it doesn’t seem that way but if things start to go freos way with regards to a bit of continuity with the list and building chemistry who knows what is possible. How many of us thought we would win tonight??? I certainly didn’t.

****** proud of the lads tonight and how good is it that we get to watch Caleb Serong for the next decade and more.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I had no faith whatsoever. Nil. I'm happy to be wrong 😊😊😊

Today in the first quarter we kicked 8.2 (50) which is the highest first quarter of the season by any team in 2021.

It is also our best first quarter since round three, 2015, when we last won a Derby.

Don’t know where else to post this but I think somewhere we need to give Dean Margetts the tribute he deserves, so here’s goes:

**** YOU DEAN!

His retirement is the biggest positive for the club long term out of tonight. Make no mistake about it.
the crowd made me giggle a few times. absolutely no love lost.

MIA for much of the season:

Sturt, Cox, Chapman, Frederick, Hamling.

Then towards the end:

Fyfe, Walters, Lobb.

Even with all that, we were still pushing to potentially play in the Finals in the very last Round.

That's some handy inclusions if we get a bit of a break in 2022 (!!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back