News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread III - L6ckdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it happened in the past? Example?
Dan has said a few times that people were not fined as it is about getting the right info from them rather than fining. Cannot remember the examples but quite a few times. I get it - if the people they say were there will all get fined then why would you 'dob'? Sticks in my throat but Dan says they put public health above punishment.

Just let them all get covid and natural selection will sort them out.
Bed they'll be happy to give up names when they're waiting in line for the vaccine or sitting in a hospital bed.
Harsh I know, just very pissed off at their attitude and the situation.

Thought long and hard about responding to this post. It has nothing to do with 'natural selection', to frame it that way is not just harsh, but dangerous. Although I understand you are pissed off, I don't see any place for such statements in this discussion.

Great idea, we should do the same with drug addicts, smokers and drinkers and the obese.

This s**t again. Typical.

If the covid deniers were risking only their own health, then fine. Have at it. It's why smokers can smoke and drinkers can drink - up to the point where they risk only their own health. Freedom of personal choice when the consequences are personal only.

Why are drunks not allowed to drive? Why can't people smoke in restaurants?

FFS.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Michael O'Brien; " the curfew just penalises people who take out their bins at 5 past 9, that doesn't stop covid "

Idiot.

The curfew is very heavy-handed and no one was willing to admit to asking for it last time around. We should never forget that the lockdown is taking freedoms from us and that should never be done without strong justification and never in a manner that is anything but temporary.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just got sent this,

How’s my mate at the caufield cop shop telling me the Jewish lot are holding the dhhs ransom saying they’ll only give them the list of people who were there as long as they don’t get fined

Should be charged with a whole range of other crimes with serious consequences if they are deliberately withholding information.

Should be charged with a whole range of other crimes with serious consequences if they are deliberately withholding information.
That's the issue though, and the reason someone could be charged with shutting down a construction site through deliberate misinformation. The rules exist for those, but not for Covid actions. There has been an outcry about putting in harsher penalties, the cops have just used what they have got.

Apr 24, 2011
Greek Islands
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Won’t be long before these arrogant, entitled scumbags cry their usual ready made anti-semitism excuses…my blood is boiling with these complete arseholes. They aren’t stupid nor are desperate paycheque to paycheque workers doing the wrong thing. The authorities simply cannot let them dictate proceedings and outcomes here otherwise it’s a massive slap in the face for the millions doing the right thing.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Meanwhile in China...

Screenshot_20210816-183143.png

Won’t be long before these arrogant, entitled scumbags cry their usual ready made anti-semitism excuses…my blood is boiling with these complete arseholes. They aren’t stupid nor are desperate paycheque to paycheque workers doing the wrong thing. The authorities simply cannot let them dictate proceedings and outcomes here otherwise it’s a massive slap in the face for the millions doing the right thing.
A good way of avoiding giving groups grounds to see attacks as being directed at them because of faith or backgrounds is not to use words terms like 'usual excuses'.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

The problem is there will be a very small amount of anti Semitic people out there that will attack them in that way and it gives it validation.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
yeah keep blaming the couple of 100 who caused all this, *en lol.

As a side note could anyone of you tell me why Macedon is deemed regional and Healesville isn't? Besides one is Labor and one Liberal, I'll let you extremely intelligent folk work out which is what.

Both about the same distance from the CBD. Dan is a campaigner and will not offend those who vote for him. Now I believe those developing parts of our State should only be given .5 of a vote. We'd soon clean up this mess and a leader with balls would shut down the shite suburbs that are causing this without fear of losing his job.

Again Healseville, Cockatoo, Emerald besides being Liberal, please explain why they differ from Macedon? Go on?

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
yeah keep blaming the couple of 100 who caused all this, fu**en lol.

As a side note could anyone of you tell me why Macedon is deemed regional and Healesville isn't? Besides one is Labor and one Liberal, I'll let you extremely intelligent folk work out which is what.

Both about the same distance from the CBD. Dan is a campaigner and will not offend those who vote for him. Now I believe those developing parts of our State should only be given .5 of a vote. We'd soon clean up this mess and a leader with balls would shut down the sh*te suburbs that are causing this without fear of losing his job.

Again Healseville, Cockatoo, Emerald besides being Liberal, please explain why they differ from Macedon? Go on?

The outline of what is metropolitan and what isn't hasn't made sense for decades. Have a look how far to the east it extends.

Apr 24, 2011
Greek Islands
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A good way of avoiding giving groups grounds to see attacks as being directed at them because of faith or backgrounds is not to use words terms like 'usual excuses'.
They deserve all the vitriol and shaming that is being levelled at them. No sympathy whatsoever here. Disgraceful and disgusting behaviour. * them. Our lives and livelihoods are being destroyed by these type of selfish campaigners. They laugh and mock on the video, it’s indefensible.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
yeah keep blaming the couple of 100 who caused all this, fu**en lol.

Both about the same distance from the CBD. Dan is a campaigner and will not offend those who vote for him. Now I believe those developing parts of our State should only be given .5 of a vote. We'd soon clean up this mess and a leader with balls would shut down the sh*te suburbs that are causing this without fear of losing his job.

I suspect they differ because their shire/council is interface and not explicitly regional/rural.

I don't agree with the approach and inconsistencies but I don't think it's a grand conspiracy to lockdown Liberal areas, they've been dealing with council classification for ages.

Last edited:

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thought long and hard about responding to this post. It has nothing to do with 'natural selection', to frame it that way is not just harsh, but dangerous. Although I understand you are pissed off, I don't see any place for such statements in this discussion.
Fair enough man, just annoyed at the situation.
Not saying its these guys but I know the type of people that do something similar just for clout and to get their faces in the media.
$5k each isn't much for the ultra rich and they probably knew they were going to get fined before someone from the group posted it online/had the party.
All speculation of course, I'm sure they are very nice people who just made a mistake.

I suspect they differ because their shire/council is interface and not explicitly regional/rural.

I don't agree with the approach and inconsistencies but I don't think it's a grand conspiracy to lockdown Liberal areas, they've even dealing with council classification for ages.
Man Bun you never miss 🤩

Fair enough man, just annoyed at the situation.
Not saying its these guys but I know the type of people that do something similar just for clout and to get their faces in the media.
$5k each isn't much for the ultra rich and they probably knew they were going to get fined before someone from the group posted it online/had the party.
All speculation of course, I'm sure they are very nice people who just made a mistake.

No mate they planned to break the law, audio from the groom proves this. It means 70 people made a conscious decision to break the law. They got caught now they have to pay. The elephant in the room here is that they are allegedly Orthodox Jews, if this is the case then shame on them for forgetting their own history of pogroms and persecutions over thousands of years. They will know that their actions opens the door to terrible anti Semitic behaviour from the ignorant, ill informed and the right wing. What galls me is that Orthodox Jews as a rule do not support a two state solution for the Palestinians and label people who do, like me, as anti Semitic because we do. So my question to them is what makes me more anti Semitic condemning members of their community for violating lockdown laws or supporting a two state solution?

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I don't agree with the approach and inconsistencies but I don't think it's a grand conspiracy to lockdown Liberal areas, they've been dealing with council classification for ages.

I'm not overly surprised by your comment truth be told. Both are the same distance away and Healseville is zoned regional in every instance except these lockdowns it's 100% political

Dan doesn't want to piss off his bread n butter support base and having a resident dill loving your posts doesn't improve your standing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back