Society/Culture Victoria Cross winner Ben Roberts-Smith - Allegations of war crimes

Remove this Banner Ad

The Afghan army folded so quick you'd think it was the French that had spent 20 years and trillions of dollars training them.
Pretty much a total disgrace that our Government pulled our troops out, just to fall inline with the US, (like the arselickers the Libs are) and then sat on their fat arses and did nothing about helping save the locals who worked for the Australians, even when when challenged by many on whether they would help, before they are all murdered by the Taliban.
Now the weak campaigners are making a lot of noise about the same being allowed to leave the country safely by the Taliban, after we totally betrayed and abandoned them.

Settle down, Pie eyed, we're making plans to get them out. Can't do it without making plans.

Meanwhile, this is the "secured" airport with a Globemaster taxiing before takeoff. Note the people standing on the main landing gear doors.

No need to link the video of the people falling when the gear was raised after takeoff.

The Afghan army folded so quick you'd think it was the French that had spent 20 years and trillions of dollars training them.

Afghan security forces are not the army, they are not a military force but a bunch of cowardly mob.

Taliban is supported by the people.

This is exactly what it was like in 1949 when communist took over. The kuomintang, armed with american equipment either defected or surrended en mass.

The communist has the support of the people, these are but collaborators and they will be cleansed.

Anglo-american power now has lost ground in the northern african theatre and middle east.

Settle down, Pie eyed, we're making plans to get them out. Can't do it without making plans.

Meanwhile, this is the "secured" airport with a Globemaster taxiing before takeoff. Note the people standing on the main landing gear doors.

No need to link the video of the people falling when the gear was raised after takeoff.

The american military retreated in the middle of the night without informing of their afghan allies.

This is the standard of american military, you think they can fight another war?

The next war america gets involved in will destroy that nation.

Australia has no role to play in it, please don't put aus along the same level as USA and britain, aus is an irrelevant little island that ideally should have stayed out of all the world's affairs but it chose to take on china. Good work morrison.

I can assure you this as chinese myself that in the coming decade, china will obliterate australia, obliterate with a capital O. Wiill give you details in time.

This smith fella needs to be drawn and quartered guilty or not. Of course, i don't doubt he has been scapegoated so that aus can cut any connection to the howard era war in afghanistan. The aus gov probably know that usa is pulling out and when that happens, there will be people to bring out the atrocities committed by american and allies. By doing this, aus at least avoid being on the back foot.

If i was china, i would be working very closely with the taliban to expose all of the atrocities of western nations and make a big deal on the international scene. And remember aus tried to take on china in 2020 over corona virus, payback is a bitch. This way, at the very least, aus will survive the first salvo.

So after AQ was gone, why did they stay another 12 years?

AQ was pretty much gone within a few months.

They stayed because Afghanistan is strategically important, had a lot of valuable resources, shares borders with nations the US isn’t friendly with, sits in the middle of the Eurasian landmass with a lot of important trade routes nearby.

The american military retreated in the middle of the night without informing of their afghan allies.

This is the standard of american military, you think they can fight another war?

I got to say, 50,000 Taliban killed, hundreds of thousands of bombs dropped, artillery rounds fired, so many afghans killed (Taliban or not) by western forces......

...... and the end result is the Taliban are still strong enough to take over in literally DAYS once the US and friends piss off. At least it took the VC and the NVA a few years to take over South Vietnam.

This is a far more embarrassing loss than Vietnam. Why did it happen? Americans can bomb but can’t build, they can destroy but not delegate, they can win medals but not hearts and minds.

I think this comment from ex SAS operator Braden Chapman on the 4 Corners war crimes expose sums up the entire situation:

We try to and say that we're there to help and you know the Taliban are bad. But if we go in and we start destroying infrastructure or destroying their private vehicles and burning down their homes it doesn't really send the right message.
And as soon as they leave they're not gonna help us any more. They're just going to run straight back to the Taliban and who are usually not doing that.

He’s correct, brutal as the Taliban are it seems the average Afghani preferred them to the West and Western backed government. Better the devil you know. A lot obviously don’t like the Taliban as evidenced by the crowds trying to flee, but given how fast the Taliban have taken over? They couldn’t have just taken over that quick had the average Afghanis not preferred them to the Yanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got to say, 50,000 Taliban killed, hundreds of thousands of bombs dropped, artillery rounds fired, so many afghans killed (Taliban or not) by western forces......

...... and the end result is the Taliban are still strong enough to take over in literally DAYS once the US and friends piss off. At least it took the VC and the NVA a few years to take over South Vietnam.

This is a far more embarrassing loss than Vietnam. Why did it happen? Americans can bomb but can’t build, they can destroy but not delegate, they can win medals but not hearts and minds.

I think this comment from ex SAS operator Braden Chapman on the 4 Corners war crimes expose sums up the entire situation:

We try to and say that we're there to help and you know the Taliban are bad. But if we go in and we start destroying infrastructure or destroying their private vehicles and burning down their homes it doesn't really send the right message.
And as soon as they leave they're not gonna help us any more. They're just going to run straight back to the Taliban and who are usually not doing that.

He’s correct, brutal as the Taliban are it seems the average Afghani preferred them to the West and Western backed government. Better the devil you know. A lot obviously don’t like the Taliban as evidenced by the crowds trying to flee, but given how fast the Taliban have taken over? They couldn’t have just taken over that quick had the average Afghanis not preferred them to the Yanks.

Remember, taliban was the one who made afghanistan peaceful by destroying the warlord post soviet exit but noooo, the west always needs a war to justify their foreign interference.

I am very proud that china is facilitating the taliban to form a strong government within western interference. I believe the chines model will be the best, that is non-interference, let taliban ran afghanistan how it should be. China hopefully learn form the mistake of the west and russians and work in the shadow to prevent western and indian interference. That's the best model. Same in syria.

Wrong guess.
Who did your grandfather fight?

My grandfather probably fought your grandfather, how does that sound.

He went to work in 1950 as a 20 y.o engineer.....in army uniform armed with a pistol and explained to his British employer that their jurisdiction was no longer valid, with reference to the gun......in english and then went to another company and did the same, in german.

I see. I doubt it, though. There isn't any military tradition in my family. My grandfather served as a civilian policeman in World War 2, my father missed the draft for Vietnam due to being on jury duty at the time, and I haven't volunteered for any wars myself.
My great-uncle played in the same cricket team as Don Bradman though. Helped destroy the poms back in the 30's. I suppose that doesn't really count though.

So you're now having a go at far-right activists in Australia - of which, I might add, there are very few... for doing pretty much the same thing your grandfather did, which is telling foreigners to f off?

A couple of latest snippets,
Afghans trying to leave are being told they can't unless they have a negative covid test, like where are they going to get one?

When Ghani abandoned the palace and fled the country, he had four carloads of cash, and could not fit all of it onto the helicopter that took him north, and left the rest on the airport tarmac.

Uzbekistan has shot down an Afghan Air Force plane (apparently with fleeing military) that crossed its border without permission.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back