India Tour of England 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
England aren’t getting within a bull’s roar of the ashes if the series goes ahead. Australia’s batting might be a bit flakey but even the FTBs can at least say they can bully bowlers in some conditions. England’s top order wouldn’t scare the Penrith first grade side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Geez Holding has had a mare calling that as dropping short live. Awful drop from Rohit.

Santana

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 28, 2008
@Rohit

yutRrqm.gif

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Not saying this because he's Indian, but I genuinely have never seen Bumrah sledge a batsman ever. Of course, he might have said a few things in reply to the sledges from the English fielders but he's just not the kind of fast bowler who sledges. There are some quicks who don't do it - I haven't seen Philander saying a lot of words but just a stare here and there, Bumrah hardly even gives the stare.

Besides, I doubt be deliberately bowled the no balls. All his no balls were just short by a few millimetres and unless he has mastered the art of bowling inch perfect no balls, it's hard to make an assumption that he bowled them deliberately. Besides what's the point of bowling a yorker that's a no ball anyway..

There is of course the fact that he has a long standing problem with bowling no balls - most famously when he bowled that no ball which dismissed Fakhar Zaman in the last Champions trophy final, who then proceeded to smash us to all parts of the ground in that match, or more recently when he bowled as many as 10 no balls in the last test too.
I mean you got to find it a little bit funny that after you wrote this literally the first ball Bumrah bowls he goes a mile past his follow through to stare down and then sledge Burns.

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
I mean you got to find it a little bit funny that after you wrote this literally the first ball Bumrah bowls he goes a mile past his follow through to stare down and then sledge Burns.

Reckon he bowled that no ball in his first over on purpose?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back