Prediction Round 23: Changes Vs St. Kilda + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

'Fremantle will play at Blundstone Arena for the first time with the AFL moving the Club’s round 23 clash against St Kilda to the Hobart Venue.'

Good, bad or indifferent?
As long as it isn't windy, good. I ****ing hate games in Tassie where the wind basically means it is a different sport. An actual Tassie team would have the best homeground advantage in the league if they came in because of it.

It has got to be better than playing the Saints at home although I have a feeling their record there this year isn't great.

'Fremantle will play at Blundstone Arena for the first time with the AFL moving the Club’s round 23 clash against St Kilda to the Hobart Venue.'

Bad? I've yet to see anyone give a reason why the game shouldnt have been at Optus

Hopefully, it's a direct flight both ways.

As long as it isn't windy, good. I ****ing hate games in Tassie where the wind basically means it is a different sport. An actual Tassie team would have the best homeground advantage in the league if they came in because of it.

It has got to be better than playing the Saints at home although I have a feeling their record there this year isn't great.

Screenshot_2021-08-17-13-29-29-37_fc5caebdb47b19c991514962914e7a22.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t know the specifics on the Victorian lockdown. Surely if Melbourne is in lockdown so is Geelong. Geelong is as much part of Melbourne as Mandurah is part of Perth. People commute from Geelong to Melbourne for work on Melbourne public transport FFS.

Anyway I’m pretty sure if we set foot at Melbourne Airport we’re quarantining when we get back. I’d say that’s the logic in terms of the game potentially being played in Tasmania. Although words like like logic and common sense really don’t belong in the same sentence as the AFL so who knows.

Geelong is regional, no lockdown for us, although restrictions apply, like mask wearing outdoors. People catch Vline trains to Melbourne, which isn’t on the metro system. Most people are working from home.

Bad? I've yet to see anyone give a reason why the game shouldnt have been at Optus
7 days of quarantine before they're allowed to play in WA's probably the reason - Saints may have had hope this wouldn't be a dead rubber for them and thus playing a home game at our home ground would be a huge disadvantage for them, and left too tight a window to sort it all out?

7 days of quarantine before they're allowed to play in WA's probably the reason - Saints may have had hope this wouldn't be a dead rubber for them and thus playing a home game at our home ground would be a huge disadvantage for them, and left too tight a window to sort it all out?
Is that the case though? Other clubs seem to have played without the 7 days of quarantine havent they?

Is that the case though? Other clubs seem to have played without the 7 days of quarantine havent they?
don't think so, all our recent opponents have done it. e.g. the reason WCE v Melbourne was a monday night game was due to the chaos of the week before, Melbourne got into the state 2 days later than expected forcing the change to monday night from saturday night.

The game is on a Sunday. similar forecast. 7-16 with 20-30K north-west winds. It is always windier at the ground and so, will be a normal scrappy Tassie match. But it has been far worst. probably be worth only a couple of goals to one side of the ground, give or take

Good thing this wasn't last week. We had gusts of over 100K, 20mm of rain which then turned into snow above 600m.

good to see Tassies 3rd tenant club is back for your 14th game down here, the most of any club bar the ones we pay/paid. Good luck on the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back