Senior 19. Corey Durdin

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought he was really good, despite his stats. Especially in the first half.
Hopefully he knows now to pace himself better so he can be more effective for longer, but positioned himself well at marking contests for the crumb, tried to effect multiple contests on the rebound and had manic pressure around the goals.
Couldn't ask for much more than that on debut, considering he probably wasn't knocking the door down too hard to begin with.
Would love to see him stay in for the last game. Promising signs.

I didn’t think he was knocking the door down or was ready. Something we continuously seem to ignore as a club.
IMO, Fogarty or SPS should have been included to replace Cripps.
Having said that, he showed a bit of zip and ground ball intelligence. Hopefully a big preseason and a fit 2022.

I didn’t think he was knocking the door down or was ready. Something we continuously seem to ignore as a club.
Having said that, he showed a bit of zip and ground ball intelligence. Hopefully a big preseason and a fit 2022.
Gave him a taste, only explanation for why he got a game ahead of those named or even Carroll or Ramsay.

Looked good but simply has to find more of the ball.

That's not meant to be a pot shot, but we have heard time and time again how players' strengths (and by extension) weaknesses as junior level tend to stay with them at AFL level.

He has struggled to find the ball all year in the VFL. I hope he can turn this around substantially in the next 1-2 years.

Good coaching might help.

I think without VFL it has been hard to find out where these guys are at the last 4 weeks, also, with Vic lockdowns, it may have been more a reason to get him home to see the family, imo.

Looked good but simply has to find more of the ball.

That's not meant to be a pot shot, but we have heard time and time again how players' strengths (and by extension) weaknesses as junior level tend to stay with them at AFL level.

He has struggled to find the ball all year in the VFL. I hope he can turn this around substantially in the next 1-2 years.

Good coaching might help.
Development has not been helped by not having tall forwards to work off.

Despite this I expected him to be able to get up the ground and win more ball ( like a Caleb Daniel) given he was a top u 16 prospect In The midfield

Moving forward, a front 6 of Harry, Charlie, SOS, Owies, Honey and Durdin is pretty dynamic.
I think Owies and Durdin might be competing for same spot at first.

Harry, Charlie and Jack as the taller forwards.
Jack Martin as the in between type. Honey and one of the others for the smaller forward roles.
Ideally McGovern can find some way to become a backman and have more impact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back