List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been discussed briefly on here but someone mentioned he only wanted to play for a big club whether that's true or not and he was then slated and we moved on.... personally he is def one of the four I'm keen on, him with weed, chol and Maclean.... but depending on the moving parts as to which suits us best

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I really don't get the "big club" thing.....a bit egotistical, personally would prefer to be getting games with players my own age with the opportunity to learn and grow and improve together without the associated pressure. I think these days players and their agents should be looking at a club and their list and see how they can help fill a need and what opportunities may be there, that's obviously his issue at GWS right now. Besides, most "big clubs" have cap issues just like GWS (should have).

Why don't we just draft a 200cm prospect at the end of the draft and let Xerri, Edwards and Goldy work together instead?
As that is an an option, I think that there is way too big of a skill gap between Xerri and goldy (edwards being raw talent)

if we can nail a ruck for cheap then that would be more beneficial

I really don't get the "big club" thing.....a bit egotistical, personally would prefer to be getting games with players my own age with the opportunity to learn and grow and improve together without the associated pressure. I think these days players and their agents should be looking at a club and their list and see how they can help fill a need and what opportunities may be there, that's obviously his issue at GWS right now. Besides, most "big clubs" have cap issues just like GWS (should have).

Agree but definitely a lot of players out there with similar attitude ie want to play at the G infront of 80k each week or play in the Anzac Day and the like...

Given he is at GWS so 10k/ week even going to us we can triple/quadruple that!

I'm sure that would be an option looked at, just don't think any of our earlier picks will be used as trade or in the draft on ruck options

Someone cheap or later in the draft is the right approach for the moment.
As that is an an option, I think that there is way too big of a skill gap between Xerri and goldy (edwards being raw talent)

That would be the best option, or a slightly more mature option come draft time.

Why don't we just draft a 200cm prospect at the end of the draft and let Xerri, Edwards and Goldy work together instead?
I think we will probably draft another project tall, likely a cat b with this new rule. I still think goldy can go another couple years, Xerri is no certainty to make the grade. Edwards is a work in progress, picking a 18 year old project might be a good addition. Distinct possibility that TC is retained also now rookie list rules have relaxed

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reckon they'd reasonably expect what they paid for Brown.
Clearly they rate brown more as he is getting games and weid isnt

I feel I’m going a bit tZ about weid here I just don’t think the cost is worth it

It will be interesting to see what we do with the ruck. I think between Edwards and Xerri we have options for 2nd ruck/forward, but longer-term we need a replacement for Goldy. I will be nervous if we try and get a ruckman the same year he retires because ruck stock can go up and down depending on supply and demand, we don't want to be stuck in limbo like Geelong was for years.
i think we should chase Chol. No one has mentioned him before but basically we aren't getting another Goldy but Chol plays a bit like him and can swing back and forth. The bit we aren't getting back with Goldy is someone who can ruck all game every game for a decade. Chol and Xerri are very different players and could tide the ruck spot over till they either own it individually or as a good team or Edwards and Chom come along to pick up the slack.

But we've got one in Campbell? And one in Xerri.
Solely as Ruckmen a lone they are more than capable, especially if Goldstein were to go down middle of the season.

So are we looking for a spare ruck or a ruck who can play forward?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But we've got one in Campbell? And one in Xerri.
Solely as Ruckmen a lone they are more than capable, especially if Goldstein were to go down middle of the season.

So are we looking for a spare ruck or a ruck who can play forward?
Campbell was good in the first part of the season but hasn’t backed it up, I truely do like him but it looks like he might not be getting an extension.

I just think Xerri needs more development

i think we should chase Chol. No one has mentioned him before but basically we aren't getting another Goldy but Chol plays a bit like him and can swing back and forth. The bit we aren't getting back with Goldy is someone who can ruck all game every game for a decade. Chol and Xerri are very different players and could tide the ruck spot over till they either own it individually or as a good team or Edwards and Chom come along to pick up the slack.

No chol has been discussed on here before... plenty of supporters for getting him across

This is a text I got yesterday

"Mabior Chol has been offered a 3 year deal with a trigger for a 4th at approximately $400k I am reliably informed. Free agent acquisition, costs us nothing and he is pretty excited about it apparently"

I would have thought $400k was a bit unders but don't shoot the messenger. Just passing it on.

"Mabior Chol has been offered a 3 year deal with a trigger for a 4th at approximately $400k I am reliably informed. Free agent acquisition, costs us nothing and he is pretty excited about it apparently"

I would have thought $400k was a bit unders but don't shoot the messenger. Just passing it on.
If we're offering him $400 x 4 he'd bite our hand off.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Is this from us or the Tiggers.....?

OMG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back