AFL Player #26: Kaine Baldwin - Out for extended period with stress fracture in foot - 16/2

Remove this Banner Ad

This was my favorite bit to read - great that a young bloke is giving himself every chance of succeeding, exactly the kind of players you want at your club.

"He’s done a lot of extra work with coaches and by himself just watching vision and understanding our game-plan. Even when we’ve got VFL training on Monday night, you look around and he’s out there on the nets doing some extra hands and touch work by himself.

Looks like Grant Birchall, delist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played a half in the scratch match, will play 70 minutes game time next week
Yeah fantastic to see both of those boys [Baldwin and Caldwell] return, and the scratch match was actually played at a pretty high level with Sydney and the Gold Coast Suns all partnering up.

Balders' second game back from that ACL, he'll now look to play around 70 minutes after playing a half on the weekend. He'll just build, it's all a bonus for him going into the back end of this season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am old school. I actually read it in the newspaper :)
It quoted a lot of the stuff from our website article and a bit around him being touted as a early pick before his injuries .

This was my favorite bit to read - great that a young bloke is giving himself every chance of succeeding, exactly the kind of players you want at your club.
Hooksy retires after leaving nothing on the table. Balls turns up and starts leaving nothing on the table. Sustainability.

Yes, I think his nickname should be Balls.

Last edited:
“It was a pretty draining kind of week in terms of my own mental battles, and being pretty nervous and pretty fearful after being out of the game for such a long time.

“I had a lot of support from our mental coach – our psychologist – Dave Reid, and he did a lot of work with me in the upcoming month. It was all throughout the season actually, just around how to manage those doubts and fears, and how to accept that those fears are going to be there and just trying to play with as much confidence as I could.”

Exactly my point on why him playing now was a good idea. Step one taken.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back