Past #37: Kyron Hayden - delisted end '22 - 12 NM games/ 0 NM goals - thanks Ronny

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s kinda like some people want this bloke to fail. Yes he needs to work on his decision making, but he’s got every other option in the tool bag. Really hope he makes it……his hardness at the ball is bloody awesome. Goes when it’s his turn. Tough AF. He’s an inside mid IMO, but gotta find another role for him.

It seems like he might just be one of those blokes that for whatever reason their body, no matter how immaculate, can't stand up to the consistent rigors of football. I wish him the best and hope we retain him for another year because he clearly prepares well and has some amazing attributes, but his injury history has become a very big issue.

I think it will be telling with how we deal with Kyron.

Historically we have held players for too long - Wood, Garner, Vicker-Willis, Walker, Durdin. On the flipside we have nursed Tarrant to a brilliant career and McKay has made it through by the looks of things.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's cut under the new regime.

I think Hayden if hadn't the injuries that he has suffered could have been the next Stopper/Tagger in the mould of a Jacobs but it looks now that Turner has taken that role and saved his career.
With the list, the way there are now you can't carry anyone anymore and if Hayden did survive who gets delisted instead.

Think this was his last chance. Brady & Luff aren’t going to have the same level of “patience” as previous regime, which tbh is a good thing, we’ve historically held onto players for too long.

The one thing that may save him is the fact our future back 6 is far from concrete, but big finish to the year from Atu & Bonar could seal his fate.

Think this was his last chance. Brady & Luff aren’t going to have the same level of “patience” as previous regime, which tbh is a good thing, we’ve historically held onto players for too long.

The one thing that may save him is the fact our future back 6 is far from concrete, but big finish to the year from Atu & Bonar could seal his fate.
How many delisting are you expecting?

Strong chance of being gone as we have players in that position. emergence of hall ziebell in the backline with atu and boner also year means hes going to be way down the pecking order. The club obviously also brought in Ham for a reason and we still have Patrick Walker who plays hbf also.

If he is delisted (I personally think he will be) his timing might not be so bad with the Eagles needing a little overhaul - as a DFA and on their radar in the past surely a possibility for a home state gig.

Any news on whether he's been offered a new contract?

Seems unlikely, but we've made more egregious list decisions in the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any news on whether he's been offered a new contract?

Seems unlikely, but we've made more egregious list decisions in the past.

Might get saved with the new extra year on the rookie list deal. More likely than Campbell IMO.

He's not a good enough player to persist this long with.

Is he outright not good enough, or has he simply not had enough time while fit to show if he is good enough?

I'm in the latter camp. I love most of his attributes and while I have some concerns over some of his skills/decision making I don't think he's had anywhere near enough time to find or show improvement in those areas. He's had a horrific injury run.

Of the eternally injured we're almost definitely delisting Will Walker, Garner, and Dom Tyson. IMO we can justify holding on to Kyron another year.

Can't pull the plug on him when we haven't seen continuity. Surely?

The club has continuity. They can see how he trains, match simulation... he's not getting a look in.

It's like people saying Spicer isn't there yet, or Xerri, or Mahoney or anybody that fans are confused about based upon limited exposure... the club know what they're doing. If he gets another year they know, if he gets delisted they know.

Can't pull the plug on him when we haven't seen continuity. Surely?

We've held onto guys too long in the past, I think we just need rip the band-aid off here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back