Oppo Camp Round 23 - other games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If we lose this week we get an easier QF (although on the road) but then likely face Brisbane or Geelong in a prelim.
Yeah always been the case. Top gets the easier QF but harder prelim generally. Finishing second is almost better. Probably is actually

Imagine the Topkent reaction if English played for us? Guy is butter.

Have to beat good teams to win a flag

CHIEF

I hate every Bulldogs player equally, hard to be tough when you play for a side that could win gold at the Olympics for synchronized diving.

I know we do, but Sydney just seem to have something that we struggle with.

Dunno if its cause they're fundamentally strong which neautralizes us a little but it works.

Agree I still want to avoid the swans tbh. They’re not scared of us at all and would back themselves to the hilt. Lions, dogs, port and cats have softer underbellies imo
Yeah chief mate bloke Sydney feel like they'd thrive in September, not sure about the others.

Dogs lol.

PA worst top 2 team in recent memory. Wowee.

Still dunno how their draw ended up so soft having finished top last year. Double ups were the Dogs, Saints, Blues, Pies and Crows - only 1 team in the top 11.

Not to mention 3 of their wins have been by 2 points or less but all of their losses have been pretty convincing.

Port are a semi decent side that will turn to absolute pus against any sort of half decent opposition.

Dogs are good but in a funk at the moment. Bont is a star but playing pretty average right now. Plus those 33 players they still need to get back.

Cats are the real genuine threat. You can never underestimate them, plus at home they are the toughest gig in the league right now (especially since West Coke have recently fallen apart).

Sydney and GWS concern me. They're both good sides that have been up and down for various reasons but will seriously challenge come finals.

Essendon are...just there. Think they have a good future but still just making up the numbers for now.

No hipwoods big but they've got gun defenders, Rich is a gun rebounder. Midfield has a great balance and kicks goals and the forward line is dangerous. Daniher and Cameron capable of tearing apart a quarter and putting distance between you. No hipwoods big but the Brions can easily with from wherever they finish.

Port feel a bit like us 2018 although higher finish. Can't seem em being undefeated in September

Its even moreso their attitude, they dont seem like a team who is intimidated or scared of anyone.
I’m actually more scared of the bottom four. Brisbane on fire, Sydney run and gun, GWS and Dons with their tails up.

Sydney and Brisbane were the two I was referring to, coz im sticking by what ive been saying for nearly 10 years now, Cats will find a way to not win a premiership again this year, hopefully because of Melbourne.

Yeah always been the case. Top gets the easier QF but harder prelim generally. Finishing second is almost better. Probably is actually

I remember in 2010 Collingwood supporters were actually nervous seeing St Kilda beat Geelong in the qf. Meant that they would face Geelong in a preliminary final who pumped them the year before. It worked out well Collingwood were all over Geelong that day. On the flip side saints vs Doggies preliminary final was a thriller.

The dogs have 04/05 Melbourned it. Nuts.

Would say 04, 05 we actually won our last. David neitz got injured late in the season and missed the elimination final, (can't compare) but they have lost bruce and like 04 could very well face essendon in the elimination as well.

I remember in 2010 Collingwood supporters were actually nervous seeing St Kilda beat Geelong in the qf. Meant that they would face Geelong in a preliminary final who pumped them the year before. It worked out well Collingwood were all over Geelong that day. On the flip side saints vs Doggies preliminary final was a thriller.

Would say 04, 05 we actually won our last. David neitz got injured late in the season and missed the elimination final, (can't compare) but they have lost bruce and like 04 could very well face essendon in the elimination as well.

04 more so yeah but just the being a top 4 side all year then probably playing and elimination final.

Every year though you go ooo could be a great Elim and then 5th beat 8th by 50

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fu** it, couldn't care less who we play. We've been the best team in it this year, let other teams fear playing us for a change.
Yeah I kind of feel this way too. PA have had a ridiculously soft draw and we pumped them a few weeks back at their home ground.

Cats with Stewart going down is a massive loss. Would be like us losing May or Lever right about now. They are still our main threat but I feel we have them covered as their strength in their F50 is our strength in D50 which hopefully nullifies them, and I think we have them covered across the rest of the ground.

I've been saying for a long time now that the Dogs backline isn't a premiership defence, and when pressured the team as a whole crumbles. Couple of stars underdone too. Plus Bevo is too smart for his own good when coaching. Some bizarre moves and inclusions suggest he's a bit of a cowboy which hasn't got the side settled at all.

Lions are dangerous but don't scare me away from the Gabba. Hipwood is a massive loss too. Again I feel our defence has their strong forwards covered and they are slow. Our movement when on song worries them.

Bombers haven't even had a winning season. They might be in form but have struggled to beat the better sides. Still a couple years off.

GWS and Sydney are threats but I'm not sure I can see them winning every finals game, plus they have had to play away for too long. Has to take it's toll. Sydney still has a lot of youth and inexperience. Heeney could rip apart the finals though. And GWS have gained some momentum and Toby Greene could prove to be the key these finals. But they are coming from way back and have to beat some quality sides multiple weeks, so struggle seeing that happening with no rest week pre finals. I can see the Sydney sides losing steam tbh..

I honestly think it's our premiership to lose right now. We've found some form, healthy list, guaranteed double chance and best record against quality sides all season.

How good was the Treloar trade? Legitimately lose-lose.

Collingwood got mauled in the press for their shitty treatment and botching their salary cap, and a few months later their president is gone, coach is gone, list manager is gone, and the club is a rabble.

Doggies got an injury prone 600,000 per annum accumulator who adds *-all to what was already a stacked midfield, when they should have been addressing their crappy KPF depth or lack of something resembling a ruckman.

I really like Adam, seems like a really solid bloke.
Good on him for taking a slice of that black and white salary cap pie while wasting a list spot at the Doggies :thumbsu:. Five year contract too.

Onya Adz!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back