Prediction Changes and pre match discussion vs Brisbane Lions R23.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, someone who could hold their own in the ruck and at least compete with say 10 to 15 disposals across half a game.

Nobody expects him to be Dean Cox but you want him to get the equivalent of 20-30 possessions a game.

Right.

It leads to an advantage. Hence the name.
All it does it hit an intended teammates. Doesn't matter if they immediately get tackled.

Grundy's 63 hitouts to 4 vs Brisbane early in the year attest to how overrated a stat this is when you simply looks at the stats in isolation and not the actual hitouts to advantage in the game.

I'm an confident in saying that Vardy offers us little to nothing and with the fact that we struggle to run out games as it is, we'd be better served by having an extra runner in the side.

All it does it hit an intended teammates. Doesn't matter if they immediately get tackled.

Grundy's 63 hitouts to 4 vs Brisbane early in the year attest to how overrated a stat this is when you simply looks at the stats in isolation and not the actual hitouts to advantage in the game.

I'm an confident in saying that Vardy offers us little to nothing and with the fact that we struggle to run out games as it is, we'd be better served by having an extra runner in the side.

Ill see your Grundy 63 hitouts and raise you tonight’s game which the Bulldogs lost by 2 points, having chucked Mitch Hannan in the ruck and lost momentum every time. They use an actual ruckman and they’re hosting a prelim instead of hoping Brisbane don’t beat us so badly they knock them out of the top four.

I’m not saying I like Vardy in the team, I’ve had him in the outs most weeks including this week. But I think it’s disrespectful to say things like “he’s a statue”, “we could put an old man out there for the same impact”. He’s not doing much but he is at least providing a ruck contest and a few taps. Something we wouldn’t get from an old man or a statue.

What straw man? Those are your numbers, not mine.

Oh my apologies.

I had a few possessions out, since he's averaging 4-5 and 10-15 is clearly too many to expect how about we temper those expectations with say....6-8?

Is that low enough for you?

I mean it's not like we want our players to dominate or anything...I guess we expect too much of a seasoned veteran to not be the second worst player in the league.
🤔

Ill see your Grundy 63 hitouts and raise you tonight’s game which the Bulldogs lost by 2 points, having chucked Mitch Hannan in the ruck and lost momentum every time. They use an actual ruckman and they’re hosting a prelim instead of hoping Brisbane don’t beat us so badly they knock them out of the top four.

I’m not saying I like Vardy in the team, I’ve had him in the outs most weeks including this week. But I think it’s disrespectful to say things like “he’s a statue”, “we could put an old man out there for the same impact”. He’s not doing much but he is at least providing a ruck contest and a few taps. Something we wouldn’t get from an old man or a statue.

Well given Williams had the same impact as a contest and a few taps it would be more beneficial long term for Williams to keep playing instead of Vardy, you know because like natanui isn't getting any younger and he may be one of our future ruckmen to lead us.

I guess you expect Vardy to be our number 1 ruckman when natanui retires?
At least Vardy will get 10 possessions a game then right?

Oh my apologies.

I had a few possessions out, since he's averaging 4-5 and 10-15 is clearly too many to expect how about we temper those expectations with say....6-8?

Is that low enough for you?

I mean it's not like we want our players to dominate or anything...I guess we expect too much of a seasoned veteran to not be the second worst player in the league.
🤔

Second-lowest possessions per game automatically equals second worst player in the league?

Proving you’ve paid no attention to my argument at all.

Well given Williams had the same impact as a contest and a few taps it would be more beneficial long term for Williams to keep playing instead of Vardy, you know because like natanui isn't getting any younger and he may be one of our future ruckmen to lead us.

* me now who’s going the strawman route?

I literally said
I’m not saying I like Vardy in the team, I’ve had him in the outs most weeks including this week.

But apparently there’s no middle ground between “he’s not a statue” and “you think he’s the next NicNat.”

Do us a favour, go take another four years off, will you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

massive credit to you for persisting trying to justify to someone with the footy smarts of a Sesame Street character the limitations of vardy and why Williams should be preferred.

Second-lowest possessions per game automatically equals second worst player in the league?

Proving you’ve paid no attention to my argument at all.

pretty much, I don’t see how you can perceive this stat in any other way

I’m really struggling too see how your defending vardy in any shape or form atm, he’s useless!!

but I guess I’ll get the old standard Miguel response of “YoUr NoT GoOd At CoMPrHeNsIoN”

massive credit to you for persisting trying to justify to someone with the footy smarts of a Sesame Street character the limitations of vardy and why Williams should be preferred.

Williams should be preferred, absolutely.

I’m defending Vardy from claims he’s the “worst player in the league”, “no better than a statue”, “no better than a random old man” etc.

But for posters incapable of perceiving nuance, that means I think he’s the next Polly Farmer.

Williams should be preferred, absolutely.

I’m defending Vardy from claims he’s the “worst player in the league”, “no better than a statue”, “no better than a random old man” etc.

But for posters incapable of perceiving nuance, that means I think he’s the next Polly Farmer.

My apologies, should probably ready pre text before commenting!!
The passive aggressive comments are getting old tho!!

Go Eagles today is the day to stand up

No.

Time to lie down and shaft the F###ing bullies (let’s be honest, it’ll make the rogering we are going to get more palatable).

Don’t love Port supporters, but like their team plus they come from outside the evil empire.

F### the VFLman!!!!!!!

Off to see my son in the UGSFL semis.... so at least their is some joy in footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back