Review Round 23 vs Sydney @ Marvel Stadium (21.08.21 - 1:45pm)

Oct 19, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Alex Davies looks to have put the nail in Will Brodie’s coffin

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Alex Davies looks to have put the nail in Will Brodie’s coffin

Has John Longmire done the same to dew?

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Genuine question: what does Atkins actually contribute? He’s lazy, slow and has no work rate whatsoever. I can imagine by this point Adelaide will be pointing and laughing at us for clearing their books by paying for dead weight.

He was getting delisted anyways………..3 more years ffs

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Genuine question: what does Atkins actually contribute? He’s lazy, slow and has no work rate whatsoever. I can imagine by this point Adelaide will be pointing and laughing at us for clearing their books by paying for dead weight.

Is this how Americans feel with trump president?

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The thing that has killed me this year more than anything is Dew's absolute inability to demote people out of form and really only promoting people when not doing so would result in us not having enough players on the field.

You've all heard me complain enough this year about Fiorini and Brodie being left to rot in the reserves despite exceptional form, but you cannot tell me that they wouldn't have contributed more than Rowell this season (for example). Those two guy busted their asses week in week out in the reserves and Fiorini came in for 9 rounds and absolutely killed it. Rowell after having 2 major injuries had over 20 disposals only once this year and had 0 impact on any of the games yet kept his spot in the team every week.

continuing to play guys who are so far out of form is not only a bad message to send to those guys that they're above it, but what incentive is there for the guys in the VFL to bother if they're not going to get a crack.

It's time for Dew to go. Had enough of his absolutely bog average leadership, and for a guy touted to have good intrapersonal skills, his lack of communication and having his own little favourites that seem to be above the law is complete dogshit to see from a team coach.

Clarkson, Lyon, Roos, I don't care. Just get someone who knows what they're doing.

See you all in 2022

Last edited:

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Not much to say about this game, happy for Touk.
Young kids will be better if our core of Ballard king Anderson Rowell lukosius Rankine stay.

New coach? Yeah why not

Haven’t done my research on draft picks for the first time in years haha maybe it’s time ahhhh

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
We are in a precarious situation, Ben King likes Dew a lot, if Dew goes we probably lose King, but if Dew stays we might not improve at all. Just glad another s**t show of a season is over

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
I don’t think Dew is going anywhere. He is still contracted and our injuries to senior players this year do speak volumes and provide context to some of our performances. When you take senior players out of already a young side replacing them with even younger and more inexperienced players, if really makes it tougher across the board. We need to show faith.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
The sh*t will be hitting the fan Monday.
I was told from a very good source AFL house are very unhappy with the progess. And another big loss in the final round won't be tolerated. They have had feedback on Dew and Haines are are not impressed.
Grab your popcorn.
I’m fine with Dew staying as I can see progress plus the players appear to like him. Plus we need to give him the opportunity to finish his plan that he set out at the end of 2018. As for Haines, I wouldn’t be unhappy if he got the flick. We need a strong footy manager.

KingCoasters

Senior List
Jun 22, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Ending the season the only way the suns know how.
Few players out there today I would be happy to never see them put on a suns guernsey again.
On the upside, I can see Noah Anderson being our best midfielder next year, I love Touk but Noah does more with the footy in hand. Didn’t expect Davies to have half the game he did, really excited to see him when he’s 90+kegs and breaking tackles.

Back