Game Day Round 23, 2021 | North Melbourne vs Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval | Sunday, 22 August @ 4.40pm AEST (4.10 Adelaide time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
mate we're 18th. I dont think we've earned the right to be uber confident yet
Crows will want to win this as much as we do. Finish the year on a high.
I hardly think they'll be tanking. They look to have picked a best available team and I'm sure none of the players will give a s**t about pick 2.

Yeah sitting 18th, it's presumptuous to think you're "good things ".against anyone.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I hardly think they'll be tanking. They look to have picked a best available team and I'm sure none of the players will give a sh*t about pick 2.

Yeah sitting 18th, it's presumptuous to think you're "good things ".against anyone.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

yep plus bottom placed teams tend to have a number of players who will be playing for careers so plenty of incentive
I think the tanking era has well and truely gone.

A nice win with the youngsters showing more glimpses would be nice to get through the next 6+ months before Rd 1 next year.

Damn that’s a long off season.

yep plus bottom placed teams tend to have a number of players who will be playing for careers so plenty of incentive
I think the tanking era has well and truely gone.

Players playing for their career can be seen as a big motivation but it can also result in poor choices from a team perspective. A forward with a difficult set shot from 50 sees a teammate open but decides to pad his own stats. A defender who has a couple kicked on him early decides not to leave his opponent for the rest of the game to help out teammates. You get the picture. The best team in the best form with the best preparation and best game plan will win.

If we lose today I think AFL will have to give us a priority pick. Just saying, in case we lose at least we have constellation prize.

Unfortunately, the widespread opinion that we are the best wooden spooner in recent memory will ensure no priority pick for us.

Sounds strange to say - but I feel like this is a massive game for the club. We win by 5 goals it will consolidate the gains over the past 3 months and prove we aren't ending the season as the 18th best team. Will give us huge momentum and belief heading into the off season. Internally (and externally) the first year under Noble will be a success.

C'mon NORTH!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back