Autopsy Freo Forget The Game Was Moved and Dont Turn Up (Rd 23 Review)

Remove this Banner Ad

What is Blake Acres? I have no idea what this guy is suppose to be doing on the footy field.

Even more amazing is Darcy Tucker not having a single possession after HT. Our forward line is a huge issue, and frankly JLo can * off if he thinks supporters will be happy with burning a high pick on some Vicco kid who can run fast.

I thought we'd lose but that was still a very disappointing effort.

- 6.13 to 17.5 is such a Dockery scoreline. Only 3 less scoring shots yet we lose by 10 goals

- And how Dockery that some no-name (whose name I can't remember because he's such a no-name) bobs up and kicks a mini bag against us

- I'd much rather be us than the Saints next year though. They should be more disappointed than us missing the finals given the demographics of the respective teams and their recruiting drive last off-season

- No point being angry at Meek even though that was his worst game to date. He is what he is - a competent developing reserve ruck who isn't good enough to be a #1 yet. If he was he'd be poached to be a #1 instead of re-signing with us. It's pretty rare to get a Griffin fall in your lap who's happy to be a #2 even though they're good enough to be a #1

- I'm generally in favour of JLo phasing out guys who stifle our ball movement but I'm mystified that Hughes can't get a game when we're clearly one of the softest teams in the comp. Especially when someone like Acres gets a run, who's a worse distributer and adds nothing defensively

Shoutout to Crowden for a promising game in the middle when given a chance. Crowden, Serong, Ryan, Young, Brayshaw, Mundy and Switta before getting injured played at the required level. The rest got injured, didn’t turn up, or clearly weren’t at the level required for AFL

Who’s kicks have a worse height to length ratio

Blake Acres or Danyle Pierce

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Actually didn’t mind Banfield and Crowden last two weeks. Hard, got their hands free. Perplexed why we moved Bailey out of the middle. If they keep playing like that, they’re good depth.
It’s the experienced players that is pathetic. Tucker had his worst season to date, Acres wasn’t given much chances and when he did he’s not good. Bewley is very cordial.
Western is miles off AFL level. Honestly believe Henry is best suited on the wing. Does great stuff when he has it. All in all, tough day.
Hope Tabs and Pearce are okay. Positive is Hamling, Cox, Fyfe, Lobb are ready for pre season

- I'm generally in favour of JLo phasing out guys who stifle our ball movement but I'm mystified that Hughes can't get a game when we're clearly one of the softest teams in the comp. Especially when someone like Acres gets a run who's a worse distributer and adds nothing defensively
Indeed. One can only assume that Bell must have decided to can Hughes as he is rookie listed and uncontracted I think. A real shame, as for all his faults Hughes always gives 110% and never shirks a tackle, way better list depth option than Tucker, Acres or Bewley.

What is Blake Acres? I have no idea what this guy is suppose to be doing on the footy field.

Even more amazing is Darcy Tucker not having a single possession after HT. Our forward line is a huge issue, and frankly JLo can fu** off if he thinks supporters will be happy with burning a high pick on some Vicco kid who can run fast.
Tucker had no possessions? Yikes. He’s cooked and only 24.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shoutout to Crowden for a promising game in the middle when given a chance. Crowden, Serong, Ryan, Young, Brayshaw, Mundy and Switta before getting injured played at the required level. The rest got injured, didn’t turn up, or clearly weren’t at the level required for AFL
As much as i agree and like crowden in the midfield ... it shows what's wring with our list.
Making midfielders play as small forwards just because they're small makes no sense. We need more guys with forward craft and instincts - half our best 22 could play on ball at a decent standard but almost none can play forward.

On SM-A217F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Add Bewley to that list. Total waste of time

Yes I forgot I was going to mention him.

The very definition of a nothing player. Built like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

I'd get rid and play Henry on the wing next year. Solves two problems:

i) that Henry is the very definition of softness in any contest - and gives absolutely no chase whatsoever up forward - yet looks good in space; and ii) that Bewley does absolutely nothing in space and can't get involved in the slightest.

Add Bewley to that list. Total waste of time
u
Indeed. One can only assume that Bell must have decided to can Hughes as he is rookie listed and uncontracted I think. A real shame, as for all his faults Hughes always gives 110% and never shirks a tackle, way better list depth option than Tucker, Acres or Bewley.
He has a 3 year deal. Next idea

Yes I forgot I was going to mention him.

The very definition of a nothing player. Built like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

I'd get rid and play Henry on the wing next year. Solves two problems:

i) that Henry is the very definition of softness in any contest - and gives absolutely no chase whatsoever up forward - yet looks good in space; and ii) that Bewley does absolutely nothing in space and can't get involved in the slightest.
Don't agree about Henry being soft. That mark he took late was very courageous. He is young and slight. His defensive run is an issue, I agree.

Some of the contracts we give out are just insane

Hughes is a fine player and I don't understand why we aren't playing him.

He's one of our best intercept marks who's willing to go back with the flight of the ball time and time again. No wonder we leak easy goals every time the opposition go forward if that isn't a trait that is valued in our team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back