Autopsy Freo Forget The Game Was Moved and Dont Turn Up (Rd 23 Review)

Remove this Banner Ad

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Don't agree about Henry being soft. That mark he took late was very courageous. He is young and slight. His defensive run is an issue, I agree.

How about the one before that where he meekly stuck out one hand instead of marking?

I think he has a lot of potential but he's absolutely a soft player at this point in time. I'd be fine with him squibbing the occasional contest like that if he was willing to run hard to chase and tackle - chasing and tackling doesn't take bravery because you're not the one who's vulnerable. It only takes work ethic.

That he doesn't do that is the part that really annoys me.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Either Caleb Serong is the best pick 8 in history, or Liam Henry is not showing anything to justify being a pick 9. The gulf between those two consecutive picks is unbelievable

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
How about the one before that where he meekly stuck out one hand instead of marking?

I think he has a lot of potential but he's absolutely a soft player at this point in time. I'd be fine with him squibbing the occasional contest like that if he was willing to run hard to chase and tackle - chasing and tackling doesn't take bravery because you're not the one who's vulnerable. It only takes work ethic.

That he doesn't do that is the part that really annoys me.
I agree about the run. I also don't blame himfor being a little self protective when he has big bodies coming at him from all angles because some idiot put hm in that predicament by dropping it on his head. He is only a kid ffs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Either Caleb Serong is the best pick 8 in history, or Liam Henry is not showing anything to justify being a pick 9. The gulf between those two consecutive picks is unbelievable
He was bId on at 9 we didn't pay that Anyway his game up the ground showed a bit and that is where his future is.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
No. The highlight of the season is that we finally broke the derby drought. Few people on here have dementia

beating the eagles is your seasons highlite.
Very low idea of a high light.

How about a plus in the win column and our season going into the finals
A win in the finals might also put a tick in the high lights column

CapitalA

Club Legend
Nov 18, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Henry was a massive reach at 9
Still better than we would of got at our next pick though, and I actually think he will come good once we get rid of all the useless players who burn the ball every chance they get. He looks quite good on the wing too.

Westy2487

Team Captain
Sep 8, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Why the * does low scoring seem endemic to Freo. It doesn’t make sense. We just can’t score heavily and quickly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back