WWE SummerSlam - Sunday August 22nd 2021. 10am AEST

There was only 1 issue I had with the Becky return, burying their current champion, and getting a shot at the title without wrestling even once.

Really don’t like that in WWE. Seriously it’s even an easy fix. Have a rule, that’s mentioned by the commentary, saying multi-champions can challenge for a title at any time.

I can cop the Becky return challenging for the title straight away BUT it should have been the RAW Women's Title since that's the one she vacated. But the way they did it against Bianca today (coupled with the fact that we all knew the original match wasn't taking place) was very poor.

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
Just when Punk returns WWE go ahead and trump it with a bigger star.

Average PPV though, solid matches but nothing special.

Nope. Brock perhaps a bigger star but after all the anticipation and 7 years off Punk's return was a much bigger moment.

Happy with Brock destroying Cena though and him as a baby face against Roman/Heyman is interesting.

Chops18

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juve, Cleveland Indians
Wouldn't be surprised if Bianca is carrying an injury and that's why they went that route. Regardless that pop for Becky was huge, great to have her back on tv.

Marked out for Brocks return. Was so unexpected and Paul Heymans reactions were gold.

Great weekend of returns for all of us wrestling fans, whether you like them or not all big stars and comparing who's is better is just stupid.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great weekend of returns for all of us wrestling fans, whether you like them or not all big stars and comparing who's is better is just stupid.
This is my exact thoughts. It's hard for me to read through this stuff when people immediately compare stuff to AEW. When Brock showed up, AEW was the last thing in my mind.

I for one enjoyed Edge vs Rollins, that was match of the night for me, loved the brood entrance.

What do you guys think happens with Balor now?

Will Brock cut in line and get a shot at Extreme Rules next month or will that be pushed out to a bigger show like Crown Jewel, allowing Balor to finally get his shot?

Last edited:
What do you guys think happens with Balor now?

Will Brock cut in line and get a shot at Extreme Rules next month or will that be pushed out to a bigger show like Crown Jewel, allowing Balor to finally get his shot?

knowing WWE he probably gets traded to RAW

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
It’s why I find it hard watching WWE these days. People just show up and demand a title shot and get it. They just ignore the talent they have. Wrestlers such as Cesaro, Richochet, kross, John Morrison, Shinsake, deserve better than their current booking.

Cesaro stuffed up, he should have left when his contract was up earlier this year. He is just going to go back to being a jobber again. His in ring talent is just too good for that.

Im enjoying AEW more than WWE. I love that they quite often make it that you have to earn your title
In terms of the guys you listed

Cesaro: Where he should be, he's a solid midcard and tag team hand but he's not good enough to be a main event star

Ricochet: He's a jobber as he should be, can't cut a promo to save his life

Kross: I'll agree he should be booked better, dude could easily be a main event talent

Morrison: Probably could be doing better than the comedy crap he's doing now, would prefer him as an upper midcarder

Shinsuke: Current IC Champion, think he's doing pretty well right now.

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
This is my exact thoughts. It's hard for me to read through this stuff when people immediately compare stuff to AEW. When Brock showed up, AEW was the last thing in my mind.

I for one enjoyed Edge vs Rollins, that was match of the night for me, loved the brood entrance.
The Brood theme was great shame they cut it in half and entered to his current them. I was hoping Cesaro would somehow be involved at the end after the Edge match and either get payback on Rollins or potentially even “side” with Seth and start something with Edge but wishful thinking.

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
any realistic suggestions?

Kross needs something, dark side sort of stable Ricochet, Elias in a dark character , T Bar and Mace in a more serious way. Bit of a throwback to the old ministry of darkness vibes???

Aug 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
that's the only interesting part of the whole story, the interaction, because the actual match won't be good.
One we've already seen a lot too. Just a different framing of it/storyline. But not too disimilar because fans were always cheering for Brock and booing Roman in those matches, and now they'll still be doing that but supposed to this time.

NotAMagpieBogan

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Missed the show, going to skim my way through now.

Got to love a full stadium show, brilliant atmosphere. Cool set up with the corner entrance way as well.

ULTIMATE_WARRIOR

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2009
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
St Kilda
Haha does everyone have to bitch about AEW this and WWE that. We’ve just had one of the biggest weeks in wrestling the past decade. I haven’t been that excited about wrestling in a long time

4 packed houses this week including a stadium, across 2 promotions
CM Punks awesome return
Brock Lesnars surprise return
Beckys return.
Cenas first televised match in how long.
Sting turning back the clock.

Hopefully both companies keep the momentum going and keep trying to one up the other.

Apr 1, 2011
Radelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NAFC
Haha does everyone have to b*tch about AEW this and WWE that. We’ve just had one of the biggest weeks in wrestling the past decade. I haven’t been that excited about wrestling in a long time

4 packed houses this week including a stadium, across 2 promotions
CM Punks awesome return
Brock Lesnars surprise return
Beckys return.
Cenas first televised match in how long.
Sting turning back the clock.

Hopefully both companies keep the momentum going and keep trying to one up the other.
Yeah but what about the key demo?

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Remember all the WWE marks saying it would be promotional malpractice all over Twitter etc saying if Punk wasn’t there Friday it would be promotional malpractice and other such stuff?

Yet WWE promote a rematch to, close to at least, the best match of the year contender Sasha vs Bianca up to to the actual match then once the match starts say she can’t be there, but here’s Becky (great glad she is back) and she squashes the champ in 1 move.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Damn, the big sexy beast version of the Beast! That was pretty cool.

I think, given the history with Heyman, it would've been cool for Lesnar to come out with a new manager. But apart from Sable I can't think of any that makes sense (and Sable looked older than Methusela when I last saw her at a UFC show 10-15 years ago.)

I'm sure this was set up for a while - but I'd love to know whether Becky's return was a panic move, cos maybe they'll fix it with booking, but it felt like a really shitty thing to do to Belair.

Edge is amazing all round complete wrestler from matches to promos everything.

The Bad
Alexa Bliss
Belair losing like she did
Bobby having to wrestle Goldberg
Stupid segment with Miz, Drip and Woods.
Charlotte winning again
No Sasha Banks

The Good
RK Bro winning Tag titles
Priest winning US title
Boogs Nakamura and McAfee
USOS vs Mysterios

The Great
Edge Entrance
Edge vs Rollins
Cena vs Reigns
Becky return