Autopsy Rd 23, 2021 - 44 point loss vs. Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

We will never win another game in Adelaide. Just won’t happen.
17 years since we last beat the crows.
10 years since we beat Port.

18/11 next year. That is pathetic. Sad way to end the year but clearly we checked out weeks ago.

Forget this season... other than some of the youngsters taking a step up... and breaking our membership record.

The club have said it best: BRING ON 2022

We will never win another game in Adelaide. Just won’t happen.
17 years since we last beat the crows.
10 years since we beat Port.

18/11 next year. That is pathetic. Sad way to end the year but clearly we checked out weeks ago.
Disagree. We ran the Swans to 4 points last week. Were also in winning positions against Tigers and Cats

Why was there no kicking into the corridor like normal? Only laziness or playing to the coaches instruction?

It's not like us. Bit of experimenting happening I think but no doubt we were just generally shyte as well

Plenty of positives to take from the back half of the year as a whole but a shocking finish to the year.

Midfield got taught a big lesson today, Adelaide just cracked in harder at the contest to win the footy and then spread harder as well.

Onwards and upwards with better things in 2022.

Our most disappointing performance since the early rounds of the year, didn't look competitive at any point in the whole match. Our midfield was particularly terrible looked disinterested and ineffective.

Feel sorry for Larkey, he looked okay when the ball was in his vicinity, but the delivery was attrocious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am really pleased with what we have done in the second half of the year (exclude today's game). We have got unexpected games into young players due to injury and they will be better for it. Get some injured players back ie Corr, Cunnington, even Tarrant after what he has been through, draft some players, get fit
and I am excited about what is to come.

Disagree. We ran the Swans to 4 points last week. Were also in winning positions against Tigers and Cats
You must have watched only watched 4 quarters of footy.
Go watch the other 4.
We checked out when Cunners got sick IMO

Reality check for the 'best 18th placed team ever'.

When I suggested we might not win this I copped it left right and centre. Where are all those ******* heroes now???

We have loads of individual talent, but our problems wont be fixed by more high draft picks. You can't win games of Footy by letting your opponents kick 3, 4, 5+ goals in a row which is something we do consistently.

There are some very big positives that we can take out of this season though, we just need to keep expectations tempered for the next year or two and hope that Noble & co are able to get the best out of our players.

Positives:
- We are going into this off-season under absolutely no illusions of where we are at. We need to continue to hit the draft & hit it hard.
- Tarryn Thomas is a sensational player. 26 disposals, 7 tackles & 1 goal.
- Larkey finishes the year with 42 goals. Pretty unbelievable considering how we’ve moved the ball & his lack of support.

Negatives:
- Undid a lot of the good work we’ve done since the bye. Really disappointing.

Last edited:
There were a few opportunities to hit the corridor but teams are just blocking that space too well which results in a wide kick hoping there's some movement.

I also think we don't try to hit the 1v1s often enough and play it safe.

Trying to be creative whilst stagnant invites pressure. Even when we did hit the corridor and found a lot of room, it was a matter of waiting for the fumble.

We were very off today and very lucky Adelaide was Adelaide.

iu

Remove this Banner Ad

Back