Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
Wow that hurts - one split second more and you would have hit your goal!

Still, only 2305 over here, and I was clamouring to the last minute, watching Hall and Laird to see if they could tip me over the mark. Just made it, even to that paltry score!
I’ll blame Grundy/Whit and that 3 quarter Titchell effort though. That and never completing my team 🤣

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
2305 all out
1372 ranking, for a horrible season that I didn't pay attention to for half of it...I'll take it (even if I was 11th in Round 3). Still, had I not royally stuffed up the byes and my trades from the bye onwards (I'm looking at you Cripps), then I would have stayed around that 200-400 mark I was at for a lot of the year.

Ah well. Won my Div 7 GF, and have learned a lot of lessons to prepare for me for another 6 months of Dante's inferno next year :)

Onwards and upwards!

JADED

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 29, 2005
SA
AFL Club
West Coast
Think I just Bradbury'd BF Div1 by 7 points with all the uniques completed. I thought I was out of it after Darcy's 44 points in the early game today & only 2 uniques to play, but then opponent used their final trade on Ridley > Parish (-19) making Ridley a unique for me and also passing on Titch's 118 VC for Merrett Capt 90 (-28) Thanks for the exciting match up JADED and better luck next year. :beercheers:
Been a shocking few weeks.
My top options (that I could afford) to get rid of Ridley were
Neale, Parish, Keys, Gaff.

That Ridley to Parish upgrade cost $170k odd?
I had also planned to hold Ridley and dump all my money on Sheed out for anyone.

Basically NOT taking Mitchell's VC of 118 cost me the div 1 grand final after being top most of the year.
I kinda wanted it to go down to the wire and almost captained Hall or Laird cos last game..
Why? I dunno. But the Merrett choice killed me after half time.
Screwing everything up fits in so typically well with my life this year so I shouldn't be surprised.

You'll get a fancy badge for winning the div 1 comp.
I only view big footy on mobile so I'll never see it on your posts to remind me. ;)(No badges on mobile) but either way, congrats on a winning end to a pretty weird year of fantasy footy.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Think I just Bradbury'd BF Div1 by 7 points with all the uniques completed. I thought I was out of it after Darcy's 44 points in the early game today & only 2 uniques to play, but then opponent used their final trade on Ridley > Parish (-19) making Ridley a unique for me and also passing on Titch's 118 VC for Merrett Capt 90 (-28) Thanks for the exciting match up JADED and better luck next year. :beercheers:
Close game & great win .....Congratultaions AB

Jun 10, 2016
WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Arsenal
2359 to end the year.

15 tons was a decent effort, scattered with the sh*t of Whit, Grundy, Darcy and Danger.

Didn't quite hold top 500 which I was hoping for and drifted to 683.

Has been a fun, stressful year and will no doubt get sucked into doing it all again next year.

Last edited:

Cm Perfect

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2004
Dorset, UK
AFL Club
West Coast
2406 and finished 754.

I've been playing Fantasy with varying levels of time investment since 2004, when Nathan Eagleton nearly won me the weekly prize once. Never finished top 10k for the season before so top 1000 is unreal.

Have really enjoyed the banter and advice on here throughout the year. Can't wait to give it another crack again next year and see how I get on.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
2,394 for the Round ....Final Ranking 623, which I'm slightly disappointed in ....the two late outs by Mills cost me 150 points

Commiserations Maurice Mitchell .....as discussed this morning you had me on toast ....can't believe the carnage the ESS v COLL match did to your side , 5 players under 70 😞

Just bad luck mate ....but a really great game between us, full of strategy ....loved the too & fro 😉

Jan 27, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
2453 nice to end with my highest score

final rank 447

thought I was a sneaky chance at top 100 after I stormed through the byes but then just stayed between 400-600 for the rest of the year

have to do it all again next year

I usually alternate between good and bad years so 10k rank next year for me

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
So after being ranked 300 and on the way up a few short weeks ago I end up a BS 674. Absolute joke of a last few rounds

AA0C1087-F251-4E5A-B660-EFC59DAD23A2.gif

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
Don't tell me .....I looked at your matchup this morning & it was by how much
Bramble got 68 yesterday which is fine, knew that was likely. Then had like 8/8 tons after that yesterday. Until Petracca (who'd been amazing until this week) Dangerspud and Whitspud. I thought, its ok, heaps of people have them.

Then the Pies game, the Pies game broke me.

Fitzey

Painting The Town Red
Jun 2, 2011
Tas
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
2241 in the end and finished with a rank of 260. Looking back on it I’ll end up happy with that rank but feels bittersweet. Was at about 80th 5 weeks ago and the wheels just fell off.

Thanks for the year everyone. We have a great community here, looking forward to seeing everyone back here next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back