Review Good/Bad vs North Melbourne - Rd 23

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like we need a big preseason practising our forward entries and goal kicking!!

Good: last qtr, goals to McKay, Lynch and Gollant, Mc Adams mark.

Bad: NM, last game for the season

Ugly: Kayo (or is it my internet) I feel like half the games I watch, it’s like watching on VHS from 1996. Last quarter kept buffering so I couldn’t even come on bigfooty as I was so behind!!

What do I do now in an endless lockdown with no Crows to watch

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
My Kayo does this thing where it jumps back 5 seconds so you watch the same little bit twice. Happens 3 or 4 times a quarter.

McAdam looks so much better when he is a leading forward... rather than getting bored standing near the goal square.
I hope that type of performance gives him confidence into 2022. He didn't lose the ability overnight and there have been glimpses this year, with the first full performance today.

I never said he was Fyfe, I said his skills are no worse than Fyfe. Keays can win a lot of the ball, win a lot of clearances, can hit the scoreboard, can tackle, busts a gut and will always do the one percenters. His kicks may be off at times, but it's not any worse than the majority of mids going around. That was a 3 Brownlow vote performance today, average mids cannot do that. Probably won't be in the elite mid category, but could be in the level below.
Against a very bad side.

Keays can't play right side, it kills us against good teams.

I omitted him from my list because I thought he was older than 25. He is part of that list though. Just not as a prime mid.

I hope Schoenberg, Pedlar, Berry, Pick 4 and maybe even Scholl are our prime mids (from what we have now) in that 2025 plus era.

Keays after that. With better mids, a great option on wing/flank.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Jones and McHenry are making me raise an eyebrow

In their current roles, I think they can become elite.

However, for the draft capital we used on them, I would like them into a role which can really lift the team to the next gear

Worst case scenerio, David Mackay like career. But now that they've found their feet. Could they be like Danger ad be injected intot he midfield and turn it on at another level. Probably not to those peaks, but I would like to see them given a go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Against a very bad side.

Keays can't play right side, it kills us against good teams.

I omitted him from my list because I thought he was older than 25. He is part of that list though. Just not as a prime mid.

I hope Schoenberg, Pedlar, Berry, Pick 4 and maybe even Scholl are our prime mids (from what we have now) in that 2025 plus era.

Keays after that. With better mids, a great option on wing/flank.

Keays has been good against the likes of Melbourne and Geelong as well. We aren't the only team to play North this year either. Have you seen Bont trying to kick on his right? Fyfe on his left?

Of course he won't when you consider there's only 5 or 6 elite mids in the whole AFL that deserve that tag.

On this year's performance there's not too many AFL midfields going around he wouldn't get a game in whether some want to believe it or not.
I get your point, and somewhat agree.

Just think after 50 games we have a few younger guys, plus pick 4 (I hope) who push him out if the top four mid spot.

Right now it is Laird, Sloane, Keays Schoenberg.

Doesn't Schoenberg, Pedlar, Berry, Pick 4 seem better?

Just think after 50 games we have a few younger guys, plus pick 4 (I hope) who push him out if the top four mid spot.

If either Pedlar or Berry turn into regular 30 plus disposal, 5+ clearance, 5+ inside 50, 5+ score involvement mids that can also hit the scoreboard, then we are doing very well as a club.

McAdam looks so much better when he is a leading forward... rather than getting bored standing near the goal square.
I think McAdam needs to be draft capital.

He will be fighting with Gollant for the medium forward.
But Gollant showed me more today than McAdam has all year (Yes, McAdam showed me a bit last year, however, that was with weaker support around him.)

I'd rather give Gollant the spot, and trade McAdam elsewhere.
He's a liability in a small role.
Needs to be mid role, but I'd rather Gollant there.

That's yet to be seen, I think he's been more important to our midfield than Laird personally with the bigger, strong body and hardness he offers at every contest....his gut running and link up play is ELITE.

Ned McHenry a chance for the final rising Star nom?

Keays has been good against the likes of Melbourne and Geelong as well. We aren't the only team to play North this year either. Have you seen Bont trying to kick on his right? Fyfe on his left?
In centre clearances, or in general play, around ground stoppages.

He is easily hemmed in when cant use left in traffic. Has to turn on to his left, slows down play or creates a turnover.

Bont and peak Fyfe get through this with brute strength.

I like Keays just think he has some limitations .

Jones and McHenry are making me raise an eyebrow

In their current roles, I think they can become elite.

However, for the draft capital we used on them, I would like them into a role which can really lift the team to the next gear

Worst case scenerio, David Mackay like career. But now that they've found their feet. Could they be like Danger ad be injected intot he midfield and turn it on at another level. Probably not to those peaks, but I would like to see them given a go.
McHenry will be a gun mid imo. I think he will be A grade in the midfield, his aerobic capacity is insane along with his repeat efforts, they need to play him in the middle, used more on the outside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back