Status
Not open for further replies.

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bonar also contracted for 2 more
If Bonar is in our best possible 22 …. We are in a world of trouble .
Surely When Corr & Perez (Kanye on the small forwards) , 1 more year of development for Atu & Young….
Bonar is a depth player at best . What are those 6 games he played brilliantly at the start of the year people here are going on about ?
the only good game I saw him play well was v the cats early in the season .
I’m not giving up on him so early but if fit , we have a lot of the depth in the only position Bonar can play

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
On another note, does that mistake from Josh Walker have any impact on his contract or was his fate sealed anyway?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd be amazed if he's not on our list next year.

He has just about played every game since crossing to us.

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If Bonar is in our best possible 22 …. We are in a world of trouble .
Surely When Corr & Perez (Kanye on the small forwards) , 1 more year of development for Atu & Young….
Bonar is a depth player at best . What are those 6 games he played brilliantly at the start of the year people here are going on about ?
the only good game I saw him play well was v the cats early in the season .
I’m not giving up on him so early but if fit , we have a lot of the depth in the only position Bonar can play

It was actually 5 games, got the Jack special in the first quarter against the Dees. He was good and defensively was our best behind McKay in those games. Unfortunately, as is the case with him, he had a great game against the Dockers bringing some really good defensive run and then gets injured the next game. He makes far fewer mistakes than Atu but both are relatively new to the role so hopefully they both grow into it because we do have a big gap down there.

I was reading the mongrel punt article about yesterdays game and noticed the following paragraph:

North have problems of their own, with more than a dozen players yet to sign on for 2022, including Robbie Tarrant, Aaron Hall, Jack Ziebell, Josh Walker, Shaun Atley and Trent Dumont. I’d be surprised if there weren’t a few changes, but despite their impact in this team, players like Ziebell, Hall and Tarrant won’t have enough trade value to justify looking to move them on. Walker has shown enough versatility to keep around, especially with mid-year draft Jacob Edwards still looking a little slender to take on a key position in 2022. Dumont may again explore his options, and Shaun Atley will probably go to port Adelaide in return for their first-round pick.

The bolded line interested me the most, has anyone heard this rumour previously?

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I was reading the mongrel punt article about yesterdays game and noticed the following paragraph:

The bolded line interested me the most, has anyone heard this rumour previously?

Port Adelaide obviously fans of Damian Barrett's trade for free agents philosophy.

I extremely doubt we are getting a first for Shaun as a FA.

Last edited:

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I extremely doubt we are getting a first Shaun as a FA.
I’d cover Perth in a tsunami of jizz if that happened. No way we’d get a first for him

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Le Grille

Cancelled
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Gippy Roo

Team Captain
Jan 26, 2018
Gippsland, VIC.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Melbourne clubs will be queuing up to throw money at Ben King. The chance of him ending up with us is minute. Basing or strategy around that is crazy, as is depending on Charlie Comben to play every game, given his injury record. Is there another team with only two key forwards on its list? It's not unlikely that some time next year both Larkey and Comben will be injured. What do we do then?

What about Ben King being good mates with Bailey Scott? Pretty sure they went to school together? I remember an article on it coming up to the draft. Could that possibly be a carrot along with the JS, $, living near his family again, and playing for the best club in the land?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What about Ben King being good mates with Bailey Scott? Pretty sure they went to school together? I remember an article on it coming up to the draft. Could that possibly be a carrot along with the JS, $, living near his family again, and playing for the best club in the land?

Are you sure that wasn't crocker?

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au

Think he also went to school with Max then

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits

Struth, we'd spend the whole of next season trying to straighten the balaclava after making off like bandits on that one!

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Just a procedural question - is the arrangement announced in Nov 2020 that allowed two players on the main list to be transferred to the rookie list still in place?

Nah, was canned for this season.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Bailey Scott grew up in QLD.

You are thinking of Joel Crocker

Ben and Max were at Crocks house for day 2 of the draft.

pitchster

Team Captain
Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well I personally are now looking fwd to our PP. Just got belted by the 15th placed side. We've won 7.5 of our last 39 matches, guess what we qualify.

Will be very interesting and I reckon at days end we'll win, Dumont leaving would assist us. Fingers crossed.
Agree 100% if not this year then definitely next year if we finish down the bottom end again. A reason why next years first shouldnt even be considered to be traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back