Past #39: Flynn Perez - drafted w/ #39 in 2019 ND - 2x ACL - delisted end '23 - 24 NM games / 1 NM goals - thanks Flynn

Remove this Banner Ad

Just posting to refresh the memories

Will always remember her debut game, I was pinching myself saying “how is he so calm with the ball.”

I think some boys can take a page out of his book, if you don’t land the tackle the first time, go even harder in the second.

Swallow_Wood

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Flynn-Perez.jpg

Solid unit.

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just posting to refresh the memories

I remember the slick skills but I have to admit, I'd forgotten about the ferocious tackling and fearlessness in marking contests. Archer-esque. Could be a real solution to our defense problem if he can get an extended run at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Derby County FC
Love him

Solid skills, pace, and hard as it gets, isn't afraid to back into a pack and has no back down in him at all, just what we need off HB

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’d bet on Comben with all his injuries playing more games than this bloke.

2 ACL’s is an enormous red flag.
100%.
As much as I love what the kid brings I want to see a lot more from him before he gets another contract.
We've been down the rabbit hole before of re contracting injury prone players for limited effect.

remfan101

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Reminds me of Tom Doedee, who has also done multiple knees and is still a very good player and probably Adelaide’s next captain.

Mjs94

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’d bet on Comben with all his injuries playing more games than this bloke.

2 ACL’s is an enormous red flag.
Unfortunately there is a strong chance they don't get 100 games between them. Hope they can both beat the odds as they ooze talent

The Aaron Hall replacement, all going well, deserves a decent crack at it this time, good luck Flynn.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Reminds me of Tom Doedee, who has also done multiple knees and is still a very good player and probably Adelaide’s next captain.
Interesting comparison. I was looking at Adelaides defenders on the weekend and lamenting how we just don’t have those bigger bodied quicker blokes. Crows have got a few of em.

FootySmartSimpson

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I understand people are comparing an injury-riddled kid who has played less than a handful of games to a 31 year old veteran, but Flynn has got a long way to meet Aaron's numbers:
Screenshot 2021-08-25 074753.png

Whoever is spouting replacing Hall, can you just admit you are wrong and for all of us, please just move on.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back