List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The way the pies were running negative media on Treloar over the season and were questioning Jaidyn's character, it seemed they were happy to move on both.

I'm not suggesting any of these clubs want players taking up their cap if they don't want them. More that they'll find a way to keep all the players they do want.

To me it seemed more like they made the decision that they had to shed some players, then ran those stories to make it look like it wasn't a management failure by the club, just a couple of ratbags who they were better off losing.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Still plenty of holes to fill in the side.
Wish we had some actual draft capital though.
I reckon we could have more success with state league players. I feel like we're a long way behind teams like the Saints, Dogs and Cats in terms of finding good mature age players around the country.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Still plenty of holes to fill in the side.
Wish we had some actual draft capital though.

We don't have to try to fill every hole in one off season. We're on a 3-4 year rebuild.

Hopefully the FA/PP/trade period will provide us with some extra draft capital on top of what we have.

Mjs94

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Reports of unrest regarding Jordan Dawson in Sydney. His foot skills would fill a massive, massive, need for us

Honestly I just don't think it'll happen. The policing was shady enough already and now the AFL don't even have an integrity office anymore.

There's a reason Carlton, Collingwood, Geelong and * pretty much scoop up every chase they attempt and it's not about playing at the MCG or the enticement of playing alongside "Crippa", "Pendles", "Danger" or "Heppo".
Would a salary cap investigation of certain clubs repair your wounded heart?

Fish Sticks

All Australian
Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’d be happy to get Silvagni if Carlton want to offload him for peanuts…
I don’t watch a hell of a lot of their games, but when I do it is only ever him & Walsh giving their everything to win.
I think he’d be at least good forward depth.
SPS might be cooked now, but I’d be surprised if he didn’t get a second chance somewhere.

Just a question: given Cerra is now officially on the market, is Horne > Cerra and pick 8?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

1629789002737.png

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don’t watch a hell of a lot of their games, but when I do it is only ever him & Walsh giving their everything to win.
SPS might be cooked now, but I’d be surprised if he didn’t get a second chance somewhere.

I rate Sivagni higher than most, but i just don't see him as a need on our list.

SPS will go to Freo as makeweight for Cerra

Northball

Debutant
Aug 17, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I wouldn't no, i still think Comben will be just as good. Goal kicking mid like Horne is what we need. Take the year to see how much Comben comes on.
Agree with this, and if his bones still seem like they're made out of silly string after a year or so then we can trade/draft a young KPF who will have opportunity to learn with one serious midfield feeding to him

We don't have to try to fill every hole in one off season. We're on a 3-4 year rebuild.

Hopefully the FA/PP/trade period will provide us with some extra draft capital on top of what we have.

The notion that we are on a 3-4 year rebuild is flawed IMO. Not only have we been right down the bottom for two years running, adding another 3-4 would mean we lose Cunners, Goldy, Taz, Ziebell from the current best 22, which puts us further back and starts to look like it’s an ongoing Carlton style build. Good clubs get off the bottoms in 2-3 years. We are into the third year in 2022.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just a question: given Cerra is now officially on the market, is Horne > Cerra and pick 8?

Would love Cerra but not at the expense of Horne. While we're building for a premiership, if we rob tomorrow's Peter to pay today's Paul, we could end up with a really unbalanced list profile in 6-8 years time.

Horne coming in at 18 years old now, if the wraps are true, set us up for a long period of being a flag threat.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back