WWE SummerSlam - Sunday August 22nd 2021. 10am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

When a guy debuts his new tshirt, hat, towel, and wristbands that all say “16 time world champ“ at a PPV where he’s fighting for no17, you know he ain’t winning.

In fairness it said like 16 and up or something.

I meant to ask before - I was cooking while I had Lashley and Oldberg on in the background.

Was that as terrible and botchy as it seemed only half watching it? Or were there some good bits that I missed?

I know I didn't imagine Oldberg taking 3 steps to realise MVP had "hit" him with the cane...

(Dominic did a horrible, horrible near botch earlier in the night when he was trying to do a vertical suplex and Jey was just lucky that Dominic twisted into the botch - he would've been proper ****ed otherwise.)

I do love the rationale that Lashley would beat the piss out of any random person/crowd member who attacked him - that's a good message to send I reckon!

I do love the rationale that Lashley would beat the piss out of any random person/crowd member who attacked him - that's a good message to send I reckon!
In fairness to him, in kayfabe wrestlers do often get jumped from behind. Could have been anyone from the back for all he knew. How was he supposed to know it was a kid is a fairly valid excuse. It's not like he went into the crowd, dragged the kid into the ring and beat him up for fun.

Remember all the WWE marks saying it would be promotional malpractice all over Twitter etc saying if Punk wasn’t there Friday it would be promotional malpractice and other such stuff?

Yet WWE promote a rematch to, close to at least, the best match of the year contender Sasha vs Bianca up to to the actual match then once the match starts say she can’t be there, but here’s Becky (great glad she is back) and she squashes the champ in 1 move.

To be fair his return was far more anticipated than a Sasha and Bianca rematch and him not showing up would've hurt AEW more than this will hurt WWE

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

well they sure don't seem to be interested in giving it to us
I think the disinterest is on Lesnar's behalf, as far as I'm aware he's said he has no interest in having a feud with Lashley. Pretty sure a couple of months ago I read that he would only be willing to come back for a big time feud with a guy like Reigns too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't watched a WWE show in over 12 months, see nothing has changed, Boring still the champ, Brock back for a short stint and leave and Becky Botch squashing people to hide her inability in the ring. Remember the good old days when SD was the wrestling show?

Might be time to watch AEW for the first time ever...

At least Edge v Rollins was worth the watch.

(Dominic did a horrible, horrible near botch earlier in the night when he was trying to do a vertical suplex and Jey was just lucky that Dominic twisted into the botch - he would've been proper f’ed otherwise.)
I noticed this too! Basically turned into Goldust's Final Cut.

Dom seriously needs to do whatever his going to do with Rey regarding a match turn whatever, lose, * off for 12 months and put some serious muscle on, juice this kid up.

Bring him back and have him win the mask from Mysterio.

Haven't watched a WWE show in over 12 months, see nothing has changed, Boring still the champ, Brock back for a short stint and leave and Becky Botch squashing people to hide her inability in the ring. Remember the good old days when SD was the wrestling show?

Might be time to watch AEW for the first time ever...

At least Edge v Rollins was worth the watch.

Lost me at Roman being boring.

*, thank you! I've spent nearly 24 hours knowing that this botched move actually has a name, but I was buggered if I could remember what it was.

This card was poorly booked form the beginning.

Eva Marie vs Alexa Bliss? I haven't watched weekly WWE TV in a long time so had no idea this was even a match. Absurd considering the talent booked on the show to wrestle.

Mysterios vs USOs AGAIN?

Goldberg in a WWE championship match in 2021.

Then the actual booking on the night...

Another Charlotte championship reign.
Bianca being squashed by a returning, malnourished looking Becky Lynch.
That Miz/Morrison segment that not even a 4 year old would have found entertaining.

There was some good at least.

Sheamus vs Priest was a fantastic midcard bout that built and built and brought the crowd into it perfectly.

Edge vs Rollins was just as good as we had hoped (that Edge entrance too).

Cena vs Reigns had the big fight feel.

This show was unfortunately such a mixed bag though. WWE's bad stuff is so cringey, where as AEWs bad stuff just feels like a small misstep where you feel they'll rectify it. Big difference between the two right now.

This card was poorly booked form the beginning.

Eva Marie vs Alexa Bliss? I haven't watched weekly WWE TV in a long time so had no idea this was even a match. Absurd considering the talent booked on the show to wrestle.

Mysterios vs USOs AGAIN?

Goldberg in a WWE championship match in 2021.

Then the actual booking on the night...

Another Charlotte championship reign.
Bianca being squashed by a returning, malnourished looking Becky Lynch.
That Miz/Morrison segment that not even a 4 year old would have found entertaining.

There was some good at least.

Sheamus vs Priest was a fantastic midcard bout that built and built and brought the crowd into it perfectly.

Edge vs Rollins was just as good as we had hoped (that Edge entrance too).

Cena vs Reigns had the big fight feel.

This show was unfortunately such a mixed bag though. WWE's bad stuff is so cringey, where as AEWs bad stuff just feels like a small misstep where you feel they'll rectify it. Big difference between the two right now.

Replace half the card with Nakamura Cesaro Apollo Big E Corbin Profits Dirty Dawgs, Ricochet Zayn Balor and KO and it would have been a knockout card

I watched the Cena v Roman match only because I had no interest in anything else.

The match was so boeing. Cena trying to do roll ups was pathetic. Stupid finisher kick outs. Very shitty match all round.

I have no interest in seeing Lesnar v Reigns again.

Reigns is clearly the best thing they've got going at the moment but there doesn't seem to be any credible faces to challenge him.

The presentation of the WWE with the LED screens is the ******* worst.

Part time WWE era sucks so much.

With Adam Cole looking like walking out the door. Interested in ppls thoughts on the next up and coming youngsters in the WWE?

With Adam Cole looking like walking out the door. Interested in ppls thoughts on the next up and coming youngsters in the WWE?
It's hard to say without seeing what happens with the NXT rebrand but the ones from there i can think of off the top of my head I'd say Racquel Gonzales, Hit Row , Santo Escobar, Cameron Grimes and Odyessy Jones are just a few who i can see having good futures.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back