Unofficial Preview Changes and discussion Qualifying Final @ ? v Demons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WA dropped level of border from QLD hope it makes a diff

WA relaxing border restrictions with SA and QLD, but introducing hard border with NZ

The hard border with Queensland is coming down, it's being reclassified from medium to low risk. There are still some restrictions in place.

Where did you see this? I can't see any reference of this happening.
Would be great if I can travel to SA for this game.

WA dropped level of border from QLD hope it makes a diff

WA relaxing border restrictions with SA and QLD, but introducing hard border with NZ

The hard border with Queensland is coming down, it's being reclassified from medium to low risk. There are still some restrictions in place.
Did you hear this on a press conference or some other media
Their web page still has Qld as medium risk

SA is being reclassified from low risk to very low risk, meaning no quarantine is required.

The hard border with Queensland is coming down, as it is reclassified from medium to low risk.

SA is being reclassified from low risk to very low risk, meaning no quarantine is required.

The hard border with Queensland is coming down, as it is reclassified from medium to low risk.

Will still need to quarantine if coming from Queensland though

Win or lose, it won't be off the back of Kiddy playing or not. He still has a long way to go in his development, and is hardly the difference in a game of footy. Showing great early signs, and for mine is probably first 1 in to cover injuries in that back group.

Melbourne play like us, they like to force the long kick where May and Lever can intercept mark, then they launch from turnover, using kicks to move the ball catching the opposition out on transition. They back this up with strong clearance and ball winning ability to win the ball when it is contested.

We have to bring our defensive intensity around the ball. We need to have a real burning hunger for the contest and lead with the defensive work. We can't allow them to chip the ball through the 45 angles or we will get ripped apart.

Likewise, we need to do the same to them. Maintain possession and give ourselves time to get our set-ups right. Use the ball well, play on quickly and hit up the shorter first option kicks, keep the ball in motion and pump it deep. We have the best attack in the league, if we give them a chance we can kick a winning score. When we can't move the ball, and we do go long down the line, we can not allow them to mark the ball, and our hunger around the contest needs to be there to win back the crumbs and keep pushing it forward.

Just on Lever the key is to kick it in low if he's in the vicinity. If you can. It wasn't their backline that did us in last time we played them. We were doing quite well until their M/F really got into gear . If we can break square out of the M/F we've got just as good a chance of scoring as them ,probably better.

You don’t seem to understand it takes a while for players coming back from injuries to get match fitness .especially a long term one.
Jarrod has improved every game as has Cocky,
Also young players like Fullarton take time to adjust to big time games . He has been thrown in the deep end and has to learn quickly ..
Patience is needed .
True. Fullarton has been exposed a little earlier than what would be ideal, needs a few kilos in the gym to play that back up ruck role next year.

Drunk with power.

WA always wanted to secede . Maybe this bloke and his Health Minister are going to give it a crack looking at their recent comments.

Imagine looking in from the outside of one of the best managed covid situations in the world and your only thought is “they’re drunk with power”

Lester will not be omitted from the 22.
I agree that Lester will not be omitted, but not convinced that his form is consistently that good against the better forwards and teams. Moving beyond this year if he stays in the team because he takes the 4th, 5th or 6th opposition forward, surely Payne, Madden, Prior etc etc could do that and also speed up their development.

Also, I have been up until the last 5 or 6 weeks neutral on Birchall, but Nick Riewoldt on Fox TV show 'on the couch' last Monday night highlighted his lack of pace and implied it was a liability, and that faster teams (such as the ones we face in the finals) will attempt to exploit.

Lester and Birchall are safe for the rest of the year, but goodness I hope Kiddy is shown some confidence this week with his selection, after being named last week one of our better players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Win or lose, it won't be off the back of Kiddy playing or not. He still has a long way to go in his development, and is hardly the difference in a game of footy. Showing great early signs, and for mine is probably first 1 in to cover injuries in that back group.

Melbourne play like us, they like to force the long kick where May and Lever can intercept mark, then they launch from turnover, using kicks to move the ball catching the opposition out on transition. They back this up with strong clearance and ball winning ability to win the ball when it is contested.

We have to bring our defensive intensity around the ball. We need to have a real burning hunger for the contest and lead with the defensive work. We can't allow them to chip the ball through the 45 angles or we will get ripped apart.

Likewise, we need to do the same to them. Maintain possession and give ourselves time to get our set-ups right. Use the ball well, play on quickly and hit up the shorter first option kicks, keep the ball in motion and pump it deep. We have the best attack in the league, if we give them a chance we can kick a winning score. When we can't move the ball, and we do go long down the line, we can not allow them to mark the ball, and our hunger around the contest needs to be there to win back the crumbs and keep pushing it forward.
Disagree about Kiddy

Gil said “depends who wins and yes” to the answer of us hosting semi/prelim.
great news all around, if we win we could get a full Gabba prelim
Like to rely on Gils words but wont put my house on it......good signs tho, but a couple of cases of covid here or there could change things

Like to rely on Gils words but wont put my house on it......good signs tho, but a couple of cases of covid here or there could change things
Yep, lets hope those Covid Zombies don't shuffle over the border.
tumblr_md7276GVZ91rp0vkjo1_500.gif

The best football I’ve seen all year was Melbourne’s second half against us.

If they bring that again, we lose. But if they’re even slightly off that pace, we can win and win well.

I’m going into this finals series relaxed. 2019 was full of excitement (And ultimate letdown). 2020 was nerve wracking due to the pressure on us. Now we go into this with not as much pressure but also have experience.

I think we lose this though and eventually meet them again in the GF.

If they bring that again, we lose
Not necessarily. We're better equipped to deal with that now. Crank our pressure up to what it was v Freo and Dees won't find it very easy to move the ball.

Our boys were just physically cooked that night. Daniher's effort late in the game said it all for me.

Not necessarily. We're better equipped to deal with that now. Crank our pressure up to what it was v Freo and Dees won't find it very easy to move the ball.

Our boys were just physically cooked that night. Daniher's effort late in the game said it all for me.
The question mark is we haven't played the other top 5 in a while.

But we seem to be playing a better brand of footy now with the load being spread all over the ground.

Unfortunately Melbourne also seems to have timed its run well and is the best off of all the finalists injury wise.

I doubt match committee will do this but I would be tempted to drop Fullerton and shift Adams forward to play a defensive role on Lever - similar to the old McStay role where the focus is to compete and just bring the ball to ground.

Joe would take back the second suck role. I have preferred Joe since he relinquished the ruck role but the options are becoming limited.

Melbourne's tall forwards are not overly damaging. Expect Harris to Brown, Diz to McDonald and Frog to Jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back