• Buckley

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • B Scott

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 23 17.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Teague is gone, Lyon the front runner?

Reiwoldt pushing the Lyon bandwagon:
Riewoldt, who Lyon guided to Grand Finals in 2009-2010, said his former senior coach could have a big impact on the Blues, if he takes the job.

“Because of his credentials, because of what I have seen him achieve as a coach,” Riewoldt said.

“His ability to pull a group together and achieve special things.

“He was able to get to grand finals at both clubs (Fremantle and St Kilda) he has been at and just falling short.

As the late Tony Greig would say “Get the Lyon on the line”

13927133-EAE8-4486-ACAA-EDF75-FE1-D432.jpg

Zero chance Lyon can get them top 4. Have you seen their midfield. Consists of 1!! Given that midfield, one can strongly argue Teague over achieved.
The guy has been crucified and embarrassed for what is a terrible list. I mean c'mon, Williams was recruited as an inside mid. It was laughable at the time and even more so today.

Cripps + Walsh = 1?

Next year they might actually stop playing Cripps injured which would make a big difference.

IF you think about the Fremantle side in the Lyon era, Cripps = Fyfe, Walsh = Neale, there are alot of similiarities.

Zero chance Lyon can get them top 4. Have you seen their midfield. Consists of 1!! Given that midfield, one can strongly argue Teague over achieved.
The guy has been crucified and embarrassed for what is a terrible list. I mean c'mon, Williams was recruited as an inside mid. It was laughable at the time and even more so today.
I think they have a good list in the sense that they have competent players. The midfield as you say is a massive issue. Walsh is the only A grader at the moment. Cripps needs to get his body right and get back to 100% fitness if he is to become the player he was. Curnow is a solid and honest worker that has extracted the most from himself. Other than that Dow, and O’Brien have not come and I am not sure what’s going on with Kemp.

Development is clearly an issue. They are relying on talent and talent alone. Teague is definitely not fully responsible but carries the burden of being the face of the organisation. Williams isn’t a midfielder, and is a half back. He should never play anywhere else. If you’re paying 800k for a half back then you’ve got rocks in your head.

They need desperately reinvigorate their midfield and need another gun in there. Cerra is the obvious one if they can afford him. The salary cap must be close to bursting. They clearly need to offload something to get Cerra and Fremantle should demand significant compensation. Otherwise they should just play hard ball and put him in the draft. He wants to be in Victoria so who cares where he ends up as far as Fremantle are concerned.

Will they appoint Lyon after his pretty average exit from Fremantle? Not sure if it works. Craig McCrae might be better to look at. Given Collingwood are going hard why don’t they look at his credentials. If they pick Lyon without interviewing other coaches then it’s a balls up.

i don't think Carlton can afford to goto another untried coach with their list. They have just signed up Cripps for 6 years or whatever.

an untried coach is going to come in, say the list is s**t (ie: the midfield is dogshit) and then say its a full rebuild. Cripps is then finished by the time they are contending again and Walsh has probably left tired of carrying the team solo.

Cripps + Walsh = 1?

Next year they might actually stop playing Cripps injured which would make a big difference.

IF you think about the Fremantle side in the Lyon era, Cripps = Fyfe, Walsh = Neale, there are alot of similiarities.

Cripps is a liability and has been for 2+ years now. He may turn it around next year but then again he may continue on as he is. So yes just Walsh for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross or Brad Scott will be the two.
Can't see them going for an untried coach given the backroom shenanigans.

I like the Carlton Football Club but I will state an honest held belief, that the club has not been successful since the days of buying premierships with paper bags.

The club needs to modernise its management and systems.

Clubs like Port would kill to have the potential of the Blues. Sadly Carlton's management squander the opportunity at the cost of their supporter base.

I like the Carlton Football Club but I will state an honest held belief, that the club has not been successful since the days of buying premierships with paper bags.

The club needs to modernise its management and systems.

Clubs like Port would kill to have the potential of the Blues. Sadly Carlton's management squander the opportunity at the cost of their supporter base.
You finished 2nd mate!

And they're currently looking to pry Cerra loose despite not having a coach.

Club is a top to bottom rabble, and I couldn't be happier about it.

Don't forget so was yours last year and for a decade prior. Maybe all we need is to get rid of Woosha?

i don't think Carlton can afford to goto another untried coach with their list. They have just signed up Cripps for 6 years or whatever.

an untried coach is going to come in, say the list is sh*t (ie: the midfield is dogshit) and then say its a full rebuild. Cripps is then finished by the time they are contending again and Walsh has probably left tired of carrying the team solo.
But is Lyon going to have the style to get the blues up?

Don't forget so was yours last year and for a decade prior. Maybe all we need is to get rid of Woosha?

Nah.

Our club was a rabble when it ran a shoddy supplements program.

It has since been a well run organisation that is yet to see any meaningful results on field.

It did admittedly fudge its coaching handover, but it has qualified for finals in 5 of the last nine year. Middling? Yes indisputably - no one is claiming they're world beaters. But a rabble? Nah.

Carlton on the other hand has not qualified for finals on its own merits for ten years. Literally ten years. In seven of those ten years, they've been in the bottom third.

In the past twenty years, they've won more wooden spoons than ANY OTHER TWO CLUBS COMBINED. Think about that for a second - the next two 'winningest' clubs when it comes to wooden spoons, if you COMBINE them will still have LESS spoons in the last twenty years than Carlton.

- Can't qualify for finals
- Wins wooden spoons frequently
- Recruits a key forward on 800k who has never shown he can be a key forward
- Recruits a midfielder on 800-900k who has never shown he can be a midfielder
- Hands a 900k a year contract to a captain who is a shell of himself (because you were terrified how you'd 'look' if you lost him)
- Turned a highly touted pick 5 in to a player who isn't best 22 (despite him being 23 years old)
- Set the worst season record by a non expansion side since Fitzroy
- The only club to have sacked its last three coaches before they coached 100 games (you might MAYBE be joined here by Gold Coast)

Now THAT is a rabble.

The red flags should be up for Cerra. No coach at this point, potential for Ross Lyon to come in who coached him previously, and there’s going to be a big dependence on him to immediately step up and perform.

Back