• Buckley

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • B Scott

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 23 17.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Caracella is my vote if Carlton want to get good while Lyon is my vote if i prefer the blues to stay mediocre. Wherever Caracella has landed over the last decade plus, that team plays finals and wins flags, so no brainer in my opinion.

Caracella is a terrible coach and I strongly advise Carlton to not pursue him.

Caracella is my vote if Carlton want to get good while Lyon is my vote if i prefer the blues to stay mediocre. Wherever Caracella has landed over the last decade plus, that team plays finals and wins flags, so no brainer in my opinion.
From what I have heard Caracalla doesn’t want to be a senior coach.

Lol. Blake Carcella?

He's terrible.

Apologies if this question has already been asked answered.

If Teague is not to get another job of equal financial standing next year, which let's face it is a highly likely scenario, would Carlton still be forced to take what he's owed out of their 2022 soft cap, as is the case when players are sacked whilst under contract? If so, surely this will severely hamper attracting any prospective coaches on decent coin?

Nice graphic from Reddit.

View attachment 1217292
There should be W under Brittain's name. Now he was most harsh done by out of all of them, in '02 we had massive injuries to our best players, the retirement of SOS left a huge hole. He really wasn't a bad coach, he proved he could coach in '01 and pretty much took over match-day reigns in '00 where we were looking like the only threat to Essendon at one point. Parkin at the time basically took a backseat.

So he’s sat on the board for the last 10 years too busy to actually have any input in the most poorly run club in the league?
And this is my issue with the guy. Running PWC isn’t like running a 5 employee accounting firm. And then he is off setting up another business. I understand club presidents all have work outside of the club but the guy has been part of the place for so many years and been involved in multiple sackings and supposed ‘rebuilds’.

Clearly Ross Lyon has been flagged, but is he actually the right coach? Will they land Cerra if they get Lyon? Why not interview another 8-10 candidates and take their time? Or are they rushing this along so they can tell Cerra they’ve got a coach?

The whole place is shambolic. They’ve thrown the kitchen sink at Saad and Williams and neither has been productive. Williams is a half back. End of story. Zero support for Sam Walsh with Cripps out of form and injured. Zero development of their youth. O’Brien, Dow, Fisher, SPS have all gone backwards. If they just dump Cerra in the mix it’s him and Walsh and who knows how Cripps will be.

They’ve got one KPF and one KPD. Curnow is 50/50 and now they’ve delisted Casboult. They need to bolster their development program and trade in for some more decent KPP. Clearly they are 50/50 on Lyon due to his embarrassing Fremantle exit.

Interesting to see how this plays out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah.

Our club was a rabble when it ran a shoddy supplements program.

It has since been a well run organisation that is yet to see any meaningful results on field.

It did admittedly fudge its coaching handover, but it has qualified for finals in 5 of the last nine year. Middling? Yes indisputably - no one is claiming they're world beaters. But a rabble? Nah.

Carlton on the other hand has not qualified for finals on its own merits for ten years. Literally ten years. In seven of those ten years, they've been in the bottom third.

In the past twenty years, they've won more wooden spoons than ANY OTHER TWO CLUBS COMBINED. Think about that for a second - the next two 'winningest' clubs when it comes to wooden spoons, if you COMBINE them will still have LESS spoons in the last twenty years than Carlton.

- Can't qualify for finals
- Wins wooden spoons frequently
- Recruits a key forward on 800k who has never shown he can be a key forward
- Recruits a midfielder on 800-900k who has never shown he can be a midfielder
- Hands a 900k a year contract to a captain who is a shell of himself (because you were terrified how you'd 'look' if you lost him)
- Turned a highly touted pick 5 in to a player who isn't best 22 (despite him being 23 years old)
- Set the worst season record by a non expansion side since Fitzroy
- The only club to have sacked its last three coaches before they coached 100 games (you might MAYBE be joined here by Gold Coast)

Now THAT is a rabble.
How many finals have you won in the last decade? A rabble comes in many shapes and sizes and perhaps the blues is the biggest of them all, but your club lost 3 high profile players last year and had a complete fiasco regarding a coaching changeover, went through the drug saga and even survived Woosha. My brothers a massive Dons nuffie and even he would agree with that. Brasher came in and gave one of the toughest statements I'd seen from a president in years and Truck made it clear that mediocrity wouldnt be accepted any longer over one off season. The next year? Finals bound. Carlton is a rabble of the highest degree but things can change quickly with the right people in place - just like Melbourne, Richmond and the Doggies before them.

That being said... do I have faith we are going to turn it around? Nope. Still trying to spin everything in a positive light even in the presser today.

I'll be rooting for the Dons to win this week as I believe they are the better team, maybe not on individual talent but on heart and spirit definitely. Which is all I want Carlton to be. Couldn't care less who we have running out there as long as they show some passion for the jumper.

Christ... Why would you WANT to coach there?

Comfortably - and I do mean COMFORTABLY - the worst run club in the AFL. Absolute rank amateurs who still think Carlton sh*t doesn't stink.

They need to unhook themselves from Mathieson and Pratt cash and actually appoint real administrators - because they will never stop being a joke until they do.

And believe me, as an Essendon fan, I enjoy the fact that every couple of years their obtuse fanbase starts to think it's all coming good.

NEWSFLASH:

It never will so long as you keep those fools at the head of the club.

Shhh! Don't tell them, let them keep thinking it's just around the corner.

It did admittedly fudge its coaching handover, but it has qualified for finals in 5 of the last nine year. Middling? Yes indisputably - no one is claiming they're world beaters. But a rabble? Nah.

Wow that's a surprising and often understated stat.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

Carlton are rabble...yes they are!!

I don't know what he would be like as a senior coach but I can tell you that put all the assistant and senior coaches in a room and he would be the smartest in that room. Tactically...excellent!

Apologies if this question has already been asked answered.

If Teague is not to get another job of equal financial standing next year, which let's face it is a highly likely scenario, would Carlton still be forced to take what he's owed out of their 2022 soft cap, as is the case when players are sacked whilst under contract? If so, surely this will severely hamper attracting any prospective coaches on decent coin?
Hawthorn have to pay Clarko his full years deal, but can do it over 2 years of soft cap. The speculation is that's 900k over 2 years, ie. 450k a year.

The Herald Sun have reported Teague is getting a 6 month pay out at around the 200k mark. If he was to get an assistant job that would likely cover a fair bit of that, assuming the offset rules apply equally for assistant jobs. If it can't be offset, it might be able to be spread over 2 years, but I'd imagine for that amount you just wear it in the first year.

I don't think it would classify as enough to significantly impact a new coach.

You finished 2nd mate!

I was referring to the business foundations

Carlton were such a dominant club on and off the field growing up. The Kernahan, motley and Bradley connection had so many SA eyes on the club’s success.

How many finals have you won in the last decade? A rabble comes in many shapes and sizes and perhaps the blues is the biggest of them all, but your club lost 3 high profile players last year and had a complete fiasco regarding a coaching changeover, went through the drug saga and even survived Woosha. My brothers a massive Dons nuffie and even he would agree with that. Brasher came in and gave one of the toughest statements I'd seen from a president in years and Truck made it clear that mediocrity wouldnt be accepted any longer over one off season. The next year? Finals bound. Carlton is a rabble of the highest degree but things can change quickly with the right people in place - just like Melbourne, Richmond and the Doggies before them.

That being said... do I have faith we are going to turn it around? Nope. Still trying to spin everything in a positive light even in the presser today.

I'll be rooting for the Dons to win this week as I believe they are the better team, maybe not on individual talent but on heart and spirit definitely. Which is all I want Carlton to be. Couldn't care less who we have running out there as long as they show some passion for the jumper.

he has stated on a number of occassions he doesn't want to be a senior coach. That's why he never applies for a gig.

I'd be shocked if the blues didn't have Lyon as coach, or at least another who has senior coaching experience. Wouldn't be surprised if Voss is second in line.

Last edited:
Back