Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 16: One-Hit Wonder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Part 17 of this thread is here ->

Joe Biden, 46th President Thread is over there ->

Presidential Election Aftermath thread is here ->

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you disputing the conditions of the agreement Trump made which is what I posted about?

Why would I discuss Biden in the Trump thread?
Did I dispute something?

Day of a major attack against Americans and Biden brings up Trump’s deal, which you stated was broken by the Taliban.

You are discussing that deal. Biden and Trump go hand in hand.

Why Trump’s deal be relevant on a day of mass murder when it was broken months ago?

Did I dispute something?

Day of a major attack against Americans and Biden brings up Trump’s deal, which you stated was broken by the Taliban.

You are discussing that deal. Biden and Trump go hand in hand.

Why Trump’s deal be relevant on a day of mass murder when it was broken months ago?
This is what I posted, do you have a comment on it? If not disputing, are you in agreement?
If neither, not sure what you are on about, I was not discussing Biden, you are in the Trump thread.

Gee Trump's deal with the Taliban is looking Not so good. The greatest negotiator of all time.:p

The Trump administration agreed to withdraw from the country by May 1, 2021, if the Taliban negotiated a peace agreement with the Afghan government and promised to prevent terrorist groups like al-Qaeda and the Islamic State from gaining a foothold.

Two conditions and both have been broken.

Can Biden cry? He'd have as much difficulty as Pelosi.
NANCY PELOSI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Am i doing it right ?

This is what I posted, do you have a comment on it? If not disputing, are you in agreement?
If neither, not sure what you are on about, I was not discussing Biden, you are in the Trump thread.
Today is a day of a mass murder against Americans and the people that were helping Americans.

You posted that today.

Why are you discussing that deal today of all days?

Biden brought up that deal today, you want to discuss that deal today?

That deal should not be relevant today as the Taliban did not hold their end of the bargain which you mentioned.

For what it’s worth I didn’t agree with a few things in that deal.

Sky News is reporting some poll indicating that Donald Trump 'would have' won if the presidential election were held in August 2021. You know what? Too bad, it's done and dusted. Might as well say that your team would have won if the game had five quarters. Absolutely pathetic excuse.
What, he would have beaten himself?

Sky News is reporting some poll indicating that Donald Trump 'would have' won if the presidential election were held in August 2021. You know what? Too bad, it's done and dusted. Might as well say that your team would have won if the game had five quarters. Absolutely pathetic excuse.

hahahaha Sky News

Today is a day of a mass murder against Americans and the people that were helping Americans.

You posted that today.

Why are you discussing that deal today of all days?

Biden brought up that deal today, you want to discuss that deal today?

That deal should not be relevant today as the Taliban did not hold their end of the bargain which you mentioned.

For what it’s worth I didn’t agree with a few things in that deal.

We could discuss how many Americans lost there lives due to gun violence in the last week..
Now that would be mass murder!

We could but Probably for a gun violence thread.

Is this quote trying to down play the 100 plus deaths at Kabul airport?

Not at all it's horrific and tragic.
But if Trump was in charge this would never have happened and there would be no civil war in Afghanistan after the troops departed????
I wonder what Trumps plans are for IRAQ very similar draw down the troops to 2500.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trump's deal ended when Biden was elected. Biden reversed nearly every Trump policy and could have done the same here but didn't. Why? because he wants out. Problem is he was given bad security and military advice. Advice anyone not even trained could see would turn out disastrously.

Listening to MacKenzie today who we haven't heard from until this attack. He sounds like he doesn't want to leave. Now the Taliban let the bomber through there is new enemies in them and ISIS-K they have to stay. There's a reason this war has gone on for 20 years and hasn't been stopped by 4vpresidents, and it's not the Government
No it doesn't.

Deals with government are not dependent on who is in government, otherwise no deal with a government is worth the paper it's written on.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not at all it's horrific and tragic.
But if Trump was in charge this would never have happened and there would be no civil war in Afghanistan after the troops departed????
I wonder what Trumps plans are for IRAQ very similar draw down the troops to 2500.
The Taliban was always going to fight its way back, no president can stop their ideology.

The problem today is that US withdrew it’s troops before evacuating over 100,000 people, scrambling at the airport desperate to get out sitting like ducks for a terrorist attack.

Under any sensible thinking administration you’d get the people out before the place gets taken over.

The Taliban was always going to fight its way back, no president can stop their ideology.

The problem today is that US withdrew it’s troops before evacuating over 100,000 people, scrambling at the airport desperate to get out sitting like ducks for a terrorist attack.

Under any sensible thinking administration you’d get the people out before the place gets taken over.

How about we look at the Afghan situation differently.

The Afghan military had excellent weapons, outnumbered the Taliban 4:1, held the dirt and were backed by the people….The average American citizen there thought that the Afghan army would at least put up a decent fight, so the people stayed rather than leaving before the American troops left.

How a military government failed so badly, so quickly is the issue…. This is the government that should have been setup to succeed and defeat the Taliban…. This is the biggest failing and it goes back to both sides in US politics not understanding what they needed to do in Afghanistan. As a former VP, does Biden deserve as much blame as the former presidents, probably.

I agree they have made a big balls up on the exit.

However, its pretty hard to sneak 100,000 Afghan nationals onto planes and out of the country without drawing significant interest from the Taliban. Sure they may evac the first 10,000 but any after that would be rather difficult. To suggest you could do this without any issues or violence is a tad naive.

Once again, I agree they made a balls up but much of this was inevitable.

How about we look at the Afghan situation differently.

The Afghan military had excellent weapons, outnumbered the Taliban 4:1, held the dirt and were backed by the people….The average American citizen there thought that the Afghan army would at least put up a decent fight, so the people stayed rather than leaving before the American troops left.

How a military government failed so badly, so quickly is the issue…. This is the government that should have been setup to succeed and defeat the Taliban…. This is the biggest failing and it goes back to both sides in US politics not understanding what they needed to do in Afghanistan. As a former VP, does Biden deserve as much blame as the former presidents, probably.
Problem with the Afghan army is that the soldiers were paid very good wages by the US and a lot were there for money they could only dream of and not to actually die for a cause they didn’t truly believe in.

Both sides of US politics knew the Taliban would comeback. That’s why Trump made a peace deal with them, Biden said we knew this would happen just not this quick.

They knew it would happen and they shouldn’t of let so many people think the Afghan army was going to hold them back.

I agree they have made a big balls up on the exit.

However, its pretty hard to sneak 100,000 Afghan nationals onto planes and out of the country without drawing significant interest from the Taliban. Sure they may evac the first 10,000 but any after that would be rather difficult. To suggest you could do this without any issues or violence is a tad naive.

Once again, I agree they made a balls up but much of this was inevitable.
The Taliban only got into Kabul after the US pulled troops from the city. Get the people out before the troops are pulled.

Problem with the Afghan army is that the soldiers were paid very good wages by the US and a lot were there for money they could only dream of and not to actually die for a cause they didn’t truly believe in.

Both sides of US politics knew the Taliban would comeback. That’s why Trump made a peace deal with them, Biden said we knew this would happen just not this quick.

They knew it would happen and they shouldn’t of let so many people think the Afghan army was going to hold them back.
The ol' "We tried to help them" comes to mind

The Afghan soldiers hadn't been paid for months and the contractors keeping the air force flying were ordered out of the country.

What should the US have done differently 20 years ago about Afghanistan? To me, it's been a disaster; they've spent trillions of dollars, lost 2,500 troops, and the Taliban has returned. The War on Terror has not made the world a safer place.

What should the US have done differently 20 years ago about Afghanistan? To me, it's been a disaster; they've spent trillions of dollars, lost 2,500 troops, and the Taliban has returned. The War on Terror has not made the world a safer place.
It did however make a lot of weapons companies a helluva lot richer.

And probably some big companies involved with the minerals Afghanistan has and the opium trade.
The first 3 years of the occupation was around noble causes, the remaining 17 years was around wealth transferal from government to the private sector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back