Preview Elimination Final: Western Bulldogs vs Essendon, York Park, Sunday 29/08/2021 @ 3:20 pm

Will we break the drought?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking of gridiron. This reminds me of the Browns wildcard game earlier this year, went into a game as the underdog, key personnel had been wiped out because of Covid-19 rules (the head coach couldn't even attend the game). Then the team galvanised from that and won a final breaking their 30 year finals loss streak.

Pardon the intrusion but are the cheer squad coming down? My uncle thinks he’s sitting with the cheer squad but I told him he’s dreaming.
No, but the local supporter groups (Van diemen dons?) were given priority access to the cheer squad area so there will be something

More than just something, we will be the proper cheer squad 😂 All the gear has been sent down for us. The boys won't be able to tell the difference.
Hahaha wow! Didn’t realise they were going the whole hog like that, thought it would be like Dreamtime and the hawks game earlier in the year with a few people and maybe one sign

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will be interesting to see if McGrath plays back a bit more because of Hind being out. Realistically he's the only person that could cover Hind's absence but I doubt they will play him there the whole time. I'm sure he still rotates through the midfield and we will back our system to cover for Hind. I'm not super worried about our defensive rebound though. Most of our defenders are pretty good in terms of adding rebounding or intercepting or both.

Plus Gleeson has actually been good in his senior games this year. Has shown good maturity and composure when called upon.

It will be interesting to see if McGrath plays back a bit more because of Hind being out. Realistically he's the only person that could cover Hind's absence but I doubt they will play him there the whole time. I'm sure he still rotates through the midfield and we will back our system to cover for Hind. I'm not super worried about our defensive rebound though. Most of our defenders are pretty good in terms of adding rebounding or intercepting or both.

Plus Gleeson has actually been good in his senior games this year. Has shown good maturity and composure when called upon.
Yeah and even in games where Hind was quiet, we have covered him.

Cutler's form helps cover hind's absence. Need him to have a good one. His penetrating kicks can negate the need for for someone to break the lines.

Maybe we can give Saady a call and see if he'd like to play a final.

Planning to go get a picture of Jakes head blown up to A2 today but only have low resolution image. Does anyone have a picture they have taken they can send me in high quality? Or perhaps another player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back