Preview Changes for Elimination Final vs Bombers (UTAS Sun 3.20pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The leaking of goals via centre bounces isn’t luck. It’s down to a midfield not functioning correctly down to tiredness and the re-introduction of Dunks and Treloar.
It has turn doesn't it both of them have had games to shake off the rust! Now is the time for them to shine, at least I hope so

For all the hoo ha we played well against this port side last week.

it’d be nice to have a recent win but we’re all a bit dramatic. One shocker for the whole year which was against hawthorn tainting everyone’s view
Yep Port is a class above Geelong and we led Port for over 100 minutes last week.

No Change was definitely the right call.

huddo#9

Team Captain
Apr 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Last couple of Elimination Finals

GWS - they ragged dolled us, not one of our players stood up to GWS not one, weak as we were.

Saints - Mauled in the ruck got taken to the cleaners. Ryder / Marshall won that game for the saints.

Sweet helps in both areas.
In the Saints final Ben Long set the tone and picked Macrae off twice at centre bounces running in from the flank. No one went and sorted him out, and the onballers were looking over their shoulders for the rest of the game. He got 1 week, but he did his job.

Mar 27, 2009
Whitten oval
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
I’m pretty sure Zeno The Great was on here yesterday saying the complete opposite. That people at the club are very confused. Zeno The Great correct me if I am wrong.

No offense BEaston but his track record on selection leads me to believe he knows more about this than you do.
True scotty.

Hind out a good start... interesting 48 hours ahead to see if anything else happens before the game 🤔

badkicking

Senior List
Aug 4, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In the Saints final Ben Long set the tone and picked Macrae off twice at centre bounces running in from the flank. No one went and sorted him out, and the onballers were looking over their shoulders for the rest of the game. He got 1 week, but he did his job.
The last quarter effort of Roarke Smith has been overlooked, contested marks Roarke 0, Cofield 7, I am still amazed how we got that close.

We can melt, sook, abuse each other for differing opinions, reality is it is now over to the coaching group, support staff and players.

Do I agree with team selection or development this year, No.

However, how positive or negative I am is irrelevant to how the team performs throughout the next up to 4 weeks of the season.

Post mortems and reviews can and should review once our season is done. Any comments now positive or negative is mere speculation.

Personally I think we are done, but reality is we are not done until we lose.

I wish all associated with the group nothing but the best and hope that I am proven massively wrong.

Go Doggies!!!!!!

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cousin Ben

Team Captain
Mar 27, 2009
Central Vic
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
12 wins will win this game, going to need Naughton or Weightman to kick 2-3 each minimum
If it's wet or windy maybe, but Essendon are a high-scoring side and when we play well so are we. Neither team is known for their fantastic defence so in all likelihood we will have to find some goals. I can't tell you where they're going to come from unfortunately.

VogonProsthetnic

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Beaufort
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Cordy still getting a game with both Gardiner and Schache available is mystifying.

Schache was really good in defence and Gardiner was solid in the games he played.

Cordy has been getting towelled up all season by guys like Ben Sexton, Alec Waterman and Will Haywood.

‘He’s like Mitch Marsh in the Australian test team- undroppable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cousin Ben

Team Captain
Mar 27, 2009
Central Vic
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Cordy still getting a game with both Gardiner and Schache available is mystifying.

Schache was really good in defence and Gardiner was solid in the games he played.

Cordy has been getting towelled up all season by guys like Ben Sexton, Alec Waterman and Will Haywood.

‘He’s like Mitch Marsh in the Australian test team- undroppable.
Alex. Ben Sexton did play for us once upon a time. We didn't see the best of him but he did kick 5 one day from memory.

Would you give Cordy that dubious honour ahead of JJ?

VogonProsthetnic

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Beaufort
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Alex. Ben Sexton did play for us once upon a time. We didn't see the best of him but he did kick 5 one day from memory.

Would you give Cordy that dubious honour ahead of JJ?
Good pick up.

Bens brother was Michael, who was a very good Carlton defender.

The dud brother rule was well and truly in action in the early 2000s.

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The only positive is that he cannot play any worse than he did on Friday. I know he’s getting older, but getting older doesn’t mean making basic uncontested skills errors and extremely poor decisions.

Unfortunately that’s often what it means though, right? Slightly slower reflexes, slightly slower to process information and make decisions, control of motor skills very slightly worse than when you were younger. Noting that would make any difference in a typical workplace, but for an athlete can make all the difference.

He doesn’t look right, but hopefully has another stretch of good footy left.

ScottyDogg

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I want to mention something that makes our selection even more nuts than it already is.

Can everyone look at our emergencies and tell me what happens if English or Young get food poisoning or something similar?

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You’ve made my case. He is terrible and he has been in the system 5 years and still gets a game as the second or third tall in one of the leagues best teams.
Bevo has said that Marra is not in favour for finals because his body and tank is not ready for finals footy, especially in Bruce's absence.

Whether that's right or wrong, a 5th year Marshall getting a game for Port is pretty irrelevant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back