Rumour Neil Balme is not the Head of Football

In the wake of the Balme bad news, do you think Darren Burgess will be at the Crows in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Really?
When I checked earlier it seemed to be more - 'set us up well, handed the reigns over'
No ill feeling towards Balmey at all. Thought he’d retire after he finished with us but he obviously feels he has more to give.
Did a magnificent job at the tigers the last 5 years although has taken a back seat the last couple of years.

Crows have got one of if not the best operator out there.

Good luck at the Crows Balmey, will always be a tiger legend.

Last edited:
It's fine. Plenty of clubs can afford good people in every department.

Our department was so sh*t because a) we had to keep paying out coaches non-stop and b) we were (likely) paying blokes like Campo shitloads of cash due to length of service to the club

c) propping up cash draining side hustles.

Until the soft cap becomes a hard cap, I hope we spend as much as we need to get the best people to the club.

If we go over and pay a 50% tax, so be it. I'd hapily pay an additional $30 a year to contribute to getting Balme, Burgess, Clarko to the club.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that we’d decided we would spend over the cap and take the hit so we can do what we need to do. We’re financially pretty stable aren’t we?

Last edited:
******* hell.

I take back all my skepticism of our new management, they're the real deal.

Consider me 100% on board with this new version of the AFC.

edit: that being said I'd be quite happy if we told Kelly to pack his bags after his * ups. Would rather than than shuffle him sideways while keeping him on the book draining our soft cap. Otherwise he could become our next Smart.

The Age reporting this isnt quite true....

" However Balme, who is employed by Richmond where he is a revered figure, has not been made the Crows head of football with premarture reports that the 69-year-old had been appointed to the position"

"If he was to play a role at the Crows it would be in a more advisory role supporting Kelly who would remain in his position."
I.e. the role he currently has at Richmond

Sounds like he wants to come over here before retiring, but is winding down nonetheless

(Log in to remove this ad.)

" However Balme, who is employed by Richmond where he is a revered figure, has not been made the Crows head of football with premarture reports that the 69-year-old had been appointed to the position"
This would of been written last night maybe and things have progressed since then ???

I'm going to say it, the change 8n the posture and attitude of the club since Olsen replaced Chapman illustrates how bad Chapman's leadership was... insular, arrogant. Now we are proactive, aggressive. I'm not saying Olsen is directly involved, but culture is driven by the board and the Crows are a different outfit since this change happened.
And Tim Silvers.

Massive turning point for our club.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I bet Triple M broke the embargo.

Someone hit the wrong button.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Back