Game Day Elimination Final: Sydney Swans vs GWS @3:20PM UT Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke Parker BOG.

True champion of the club.

Tbh I’ve never considered an opposing team a bigger group of flogs than GWS. Not even the Bulldogs of 2016. Toby Greene is in his own stratosphere of flogdom

He was hopeless all game, but he at least had to kick that. It was 20 out nearly directly in front. He kicks that, we win. He quite literally cost us the game.
Hickey and Wicks also quite literally cost us the game by that logic

He was hopeless all game, but he at least had to kick that. It was 20 out nearly directly in front. He kicks that, we win. He quite literally cost us the game.
So did all the players who continuously bombed the ball inside 50 when we had all the play.

Bell is not a good player. We're all well aware of this but at this stage of his career Campbell isn't the answer. We lost because of poor kicking inside 50. Simple as that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I take back what I said about heens, if melican't doesn't ignore him in open space 40m in front with nobody around him, we win the game. Heens is the one we could trust to kick the winning goal and Lewis crapped the bed there.

I take back what I said about heens, if melican't doesn't ignore him in open space 40m in front with nobody around him, we win the game. Heens is the one we could trust to kick the winning goal and Lewis crapped the bed there.

Yeah Melican had a great last quarter but that was such a terrible decision to ignore him.

Having said that, Heeney would have had a shot from 45 out

It sucks that this is the way we ended such an amazing season. Proud of the players for turning it around but that second quarter was one of the worst performances of the year.

Hopefully this is the kind of pain that will fuel an entire preseason.

Let it hurt boys!

All our forwards that failed to score a goal but behinds cost us.
Forwards need to score goals at a minimum 50%.
Too many with behinds & no goals.
Hayward 2 behinds.
McLean, Wicks, Bell, Parker, Hickey, Rowy, Florent,
Give them all extra shots after the game & 5 of the 7 kick goals.
Not good enough but all done now. No guarantee we make finals again next year with that line up out there with players aging & others moving.

Agreed. Played some dumb football at times.

Just the lack of footy decision making to take advantage of inside 50 superiority early in the game then not working hard enough through the middle stages and then finally wasting opportunity late. Yes it was a season where we have done well winning 15 games and finishing top 6 but I am not one that seen us finishing bottom 4 either. The season has once again been thrown all over the place by this s**t situation so i sure hop this is not a false indication of where we are at. You can't help but think this was a wasted opportunity and we do need to get over a sizeable hump to go to the next level. Several things I won't go into right now but one being turning up our toes and losing games to s**t sides that cost us dearly when it counts. The spirit is there but we need to find a way around some weaknesses to be the side our promise shows. As much as we would like to think we have good depth a couple of key areas need to be bolstered because there a couple of guys that you would not think are in a premiership side currently playing.

Funny how all the Reid haters are quiet on McLean's game
Wouldn’t have made a difference. Reid can’t body a player or crash a pack to make the ball go to ground.

He is a lead up player with a long set of arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back