Review Elimination Final #2 2021 - Sydney Swans v GWS Giants, 3.20 pm 28 August @ UTAS Stadium, Launceston

Smarmy prick Papley. EAD 🤣
After disliking Sydney for years I find myself quite liking their combination of Franklin and youngsters.

Papley, however, is the exception and can definitely EAD.

Watching the king of the flogs Papley's grief at the final siren was almost the highlight.

Wonder what he's got planned for the week? Practice a few new stupid over the top goal celebrations to unleash in 2022?
Trade request to Carlton again. :drunk:

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Some how held on in the end, Cogs didn't look great unfortauntely, Toby probably getting suspended, hopefully Green is good to go next and recovers because his first half was really solid. Hoping it was just some first game back jitters for Cogs (seemed like was playing a lot more forward, maybe his tank isn't there yet) but he applied some really good pressure around the ground. Cats is gonna be a real big ask without Toby.

Cogs had 1 maybe 2 bad kicks.

His tackling and pressure was all there. Will be much better for the run.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
After disliking Sydney for years I find myself quite liking their combination of Franklin and youngsters.

Papley, however, is the exception and can definitely EAD.
Swans have bounced back nicely with their crop of youngsters, which I'm fine with.

And I suspect Papley is to Swans & us, like Toby is to us & everyone else. I'm OK with that too.

100% agree.
Should get a week just for the stupidity.

But in saying that there have been fines for the same even just this year.

Will be interesting what the ump says.
I don't remember any other examples where it was explicitly deliberate like Toby's though. I'm quite willing to have my memory expanded.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
I don't remember any other examples where it was explicitly deliberate like Toby's though. I'm quite willing to have my memory expanded.

The hard thing is, surely surely he is not stupid enough the deliberately shoulder the umpire. Even Toby. I can’t think what went though his head but surely he didn’t deliberately shoulder the umpire did he ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apr 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Swans have bounced back nicely with their crop of youngsters, which I'm fine with.

And I suspect Papley is to Swans & us, like Toby is to us & everyone else. I'm OK with that too.

I love Toby . Hope he plays next week.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
The hard thing is, surely surely he is not stupid enough the deliberately shoulder the umpire. Even Toby. I can’t think what went though his head but surely he didn’t deliberately shoulder the umpire did he ?

Exactly.

Where’s the camera evidence of contact?

IMG_5464.JPG

sydney_gws

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
qpr

I hope not. Maybe in the heat of the moment he forgot you can do that to a player, not an umpire.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
They were talking eye to eye. Something happened to make the contact. You don’t look someone in the eye in conversation and contact them

Sure looks like it.

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Is there contact?

Looking at that in slo mo ... I can't see any. Also watched the hand/fist down at waist level in case that touched. Obviously if Toby gave Stevic a serve, VFL House will still be looking to teach him a lesson. Still, it's going to come down to Stevic - irrespective at what we're seeing, he'll know if he was touched.

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Looking at that in slo mo ... I can't see any. Also watched the hand/fist down at waist level in case that touched. Obviously if Toby gave Stevic a serve, VFL House will still be looking to teach him a lesson. Still, it's going to come down to Stevic - irrespective at what we're seeing, he'll know if he was touched.

Zero contact.

Stitched up by the commentators sitting in a Melbourne studio.

Back