Unofficial Preview Semi-Final : Changes against The Cats - Fri 3 September 2021, 7.50 pm AEST @ Optus Oval WA

Remove this Banner Ad

A great place to recharge and regroup for a few days - whoever is booking our team accommodation is doing a great job!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Just remembered that it was one of the top five burgers I've had there too, in the cluhouse. Was a great day out.

Don't think Daniels will be back from injury; suspect not XOH either, unless it was just a precautionary issue.

We need to add some speed, so Bobby should be in contention to return. There's aspects of his game he needs to improve, but having lost a lot of speed, I think we need his.

Still hopeful Isaac Cumming recovers - you saw how our return out of the backline fell apart in the last quarter when he wasn't there against Swans.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what happens to us at the end of games feel like so often the midfield in particular really tails off and we aren't able to put teams away, Brisbane and Collingwood finals in 2019, Melbourne and Geelong games earlier this year plus a few others. Not sure if it's the guys getting tired or their gameplan/method changes when engaging in a contest once in the fourth quarter. Whenever we have a 3-5 goal on a team at 3 quarter time it never seems like we're able to extend the lead or keep it roughly the same, by the time the game finishes it almost always feels like we're clinging for life counting down the seconds. We were in firm control of that game in quarters 2 and 3 because our midfield was really dominating the cont poss. but all of a sudden it just seemed to stop and Swans came roaring back.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what happens to us at the end of games feel like so often the midfield in particular really tails off and we aren't able to put teams away, Brisbane and Collingwood finals in 2019, Melbourne and Geelong games earlier this year plus a few others. Not sure if it's the guys getting tired or their gameplan/method changes when engaging in a contest once in the fourth quarter. Whenever we have a 3-5 goal on a team at 3 quarter time it never seems like we're able to extend the lead or keep it roughly the same, by the time the game finishes it almost always feels like we're clinging for life counting down the seconds. We were in firm control of that game in quarters 2 and 3 because our midfield was really dominating the cont poss. but all of a sudden it just seemed to stop and Swans came roaring back.

I think it comes down to experienced heads, fitness, game plan and also they ease up looking at the next week and maybe coaches not being able to motivate them
Some teams focus on quarters in a game and fast starts are important for this team so a focus on the 1st quarter

Plenty others with good insight here so it will be interesting what comes out of this

I think it comes down to experienced heads, fitness, game plan and also they ease up looking at the next week and maybe coaches not being able to motivate them
Some teams focus on quarters in a game and fast starts are important for this team so a focus on the 1st quarter

Plenty others with good insight here so it will be interesting what comes out of this
HH mentioned on SEN 10-15 minutes ago that they were really gassed and tired when it came to that fourth quarter, im sure that played a factor in it as well.

Injury report will be waited on with a lot if interest this week

Cumming, Green, MDB (injured late in the game?)

Media circus over Greene will get so many clicks and how good is that for the overall bottom line of the AFL, his salary should be outside the cap or he should get a portion of the revenue from the articles
Hoping he plays but with the way the organisation works I am not holding out hope

Who comes in Davis, Hill, cupboard is thin after that with Buntine and Stone the only other realistic options in terms of non talls
Plot twist - Greene is paid as an AFL ambassador as a conduit for them to introduce new rulings with maximal exposure, another way the AFL helps us to keep all our stars :think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming Reid and Green miss, Bruhn and maybe Peatling to came back in gives us some more speed and more creative ball use. Buntine could be an option as well if he's fit. Could see Mummy not being able to get up as well thought he looked spent towards the end of the game maybe Briggs gets a recall.

At this stage, I'd favour Bruhn for Green, which pushes TT back into midfield. Probably Peatling for Reid, or potentially Bobby Hill and a re-organisation of roles.

If Cumming were to miss too, then definitely Peatling for him - at least somewhat creative and can also use Ash/Whitfield from the back, and Bobby too. Unless XOH is good to go.

At this stage, I'd favour Bruhn for Green, which pushes TT back into midfield. Probably Peatling for Reid, or potentially Bobby Hill and a re-organisation of roles.

If Cumming were to miss too, then definitely Peatling for him - at least somewhat creative and can also use Ash/Whitfield from the back, and Bobby too. Unless XOH is good to go.

I’d be putting Taranto back to the Greene role he did so well at last time.

I’m assuming green Greene and Reid miss

I would play mummy- depending on how well he recovers of course.

I have cumming recovering from a rolled ankle

My understanding is that x was just a tight calf rather than a serious injury too

So I have bruhn in for green
Hill in for Greene
And x in for Reid

I’m assuming green Greene and Reid miss

I would play mummy- depending on how well he recovers of course.

I have cumming recovering from a rolled ankle

My understanding is that x was just a tight calf rather than a serious injury too

So I have bruhn in for green
Hill in for Greene
And x in for Reid
Sounds good.
I hope you are right regarding XO.
Otherwise Stone might get a look.
Davis and Buntine could cover Cumming if he's not right.

Hoping XO, Kennedy or Binga is right to go and cumming ankle gets up. Would be nice if Binga got up but he and XO have t had timeframes put on their injuries

If that is the case we will be a more balanced side with a bit more zip. Hill will be a red hot chance too.

Cumming is the one we don’t want to lose to injury

Haynes Taylor cumming
Perryman Stein Whitfield
Kelly Ward ash
Tarranto HH Lloyd
MDB Hogan Sproule
Mummy Hopper Coniglio

Idun + 3 of XO/Kennedy/Hill/Bruhn/Daniels/Briggs/Buntine/Peatling (Kennedy, XO and Daniels would be my picks if fit followed by Bruhn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back