Autopsy AFL 2021 Finals Week 1 - EF1 Dogs v Bombers Sun August 29th 3:30pm EST (Uni of Tas)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 35 27.8%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 15 11.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Adelaide supporters should enter into quarantine - they will waltz into the GF. A combined team of Brisbane and the Dogs still wouldn't beat them in the prelim.

First side to go goalless in a second half of a final since 1956 they said?

and that was against Footscray as well.

Strange game that.

Half time Cats were leading Bulldogs 6.2 to 4.6

Final score 6.5 to 5.13.

so only 1 goal scored in the game after half time.

0 goals in the last quarter, and Bulldogs win the game scoring 5 behinds in the last.

And we complain teams can’t kick goals today…..

Who was the last team to scrape into 8th spot on 11 wins, pre-Covid?

Wonder how the Bombers are going to back up now the honeymoon period is over and they still don’t have a capable forwardline.

Interesting times ahead.

Just silly trolling from you. The Dons got there and got done, but yep they got there!

1. As usual, thanks for the Melbourne concern. Nothing surer.

2. McInerney is a spud himself

3. No guarantee we go in with the same players

4. Worry about your own side
I don’t like Brisbane but McInerny shits all over Young, you’re going to have to hope Stef is fit.

I’ll worry about the dees in a week.

Essendon's EF record
  • 2009 vs Adelaide (-96)
  • 2011 vs Carlton (-62)
  • 2014 vs North Melbourne (-12)
  • 2017 vs Sydney (-65)
  • 2019 vs West Coast (-55)
  • 2021 vs Western Bulldogs (-49)
Average losing margin = 56.5
Gotta love those numbers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who was the last team to scrape into 8th spot on 11 wins, pre-Covid?

Wonder how the Bombers are going to back up now the honeymoon period is over and they still don’t have a capable forwardline.

Interesting times ahead.
I said a while ago we have to be prepared to go backwards next year. We are still 2-3 years away from where we need to be. Need to clean out the deadwood and keep hitting the drafts hard. We do need a KPF badly but even McKay would’ve gone goal less today with our utterly pathetic forward entries.
Right from the very start today we were bombing wide to the pockets. Little wonder our forward coach is being moved on

Makes a big difference in the context of the game when 2 soft free kicks are paid in front of goal to push the margin out to 2 and a bit goals in those conditions. I wouldn't be doing cartwheels if I was the Bulldogs.

Pointless getting there if you put in that kind of performance. This has been a trend for almost two decades.

Can’t even take confidence from making the finals as they got belted.
I agree to a point but never thought we could get close today. They were a top 4 side for 90% of the season and we barely scraped in. We simply aren’t good enough and I can’t believe gullible fools fell for the media hype

Dogs aren't a top 4 team. They're a 5-8 team. It's only the umpires that flattered their ladder position this year. Didn't you notice that they lost all the game when the umpires were neutral?
Lol what ever you reckon danster

Back