Autopsy AFL 2021 Finals Week 1 - EF1 Dogs v Bombers Sun August 29th 3:30pm EST (Uni of Tas)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 35 27.8%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 15 11.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He fell into Gleeson's lap. You don't know what dragging means or you are being purposely obtuse. People are harsh because you don't pay soft frees unless you're 100% sure - especially in a final. That's 3 goals right there, not including Shiel's love tap and Hannan's drop.
Gleeson had two arms around his waist. Would have been hard for the umpire not to call it. The rules of the game don't change because it's a final.

That's your biased opinion. I'm a neutral supporter and for me it was:
1st goal was probably a free kick.
2nd goal was soft and innocuous. Non-call...especially in a final.
3rd goal was too soft. Weightman basically engaged the wrestle himself and fell backwards to sell the contact. Also not a free in a final. Weightman could've stayed upright if he wanted to.
4th goal was the worst of the lot. Basically a corrupt call and that was proof. Since when aren't you allowed to push somebody. Horrendous.
Rules don't change for finals, Gleeson had two arms around Weightman and moved him.

You can't throw or push someone into the fence when play has stopped. The umpire simply got that one wrong, it was not close enough to the fence to be dangerous.

We didn’t need the umpires help to lose this game, don’t know why they love the doggies so much but such is life.

neither of these teams were going anywhere, that game was MILES off the level

good season for us, roll again

So we can get smashed in a final again.

not enough players who give a * and haven’t for 20 years

First time in a while and you know it won’t last long either. At least I’ve witnessed the true B&W win a flag more recently than that fake teal mob that tries and pretend.
Yes it will Collingwood aren’t going anywhere fast mate 😂 your list has a bunch of pretenders in it.

First time in a while and you know it won’t last long either. At least I’ve witnessed the true B&W win a flag more recently than that fake teal mob that tries and pretend.

Your obsession with us in a thread for a Bulldogs vs Essendon game is a little bit sad fella

Rules don't change for finals, Gleeson had two arms around Weightman and moved him.

You can't throw or push someone into the fence when play has stopped. The umpire simply got that one wrong, it was not close enough to the fence to be dangerous.
I didn’t have a problem with the Gleeson free but I have a huge issue when it’s not consistent. Durham at the start of the third quarter was taken high and in the back at the top of the goal square and it was play on.
Pay 1 pay them all. One umpire in particular shouldn’t get another game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah it's because the umpires grind my gears. I don't care if melbourne is the 18th best team or not. I just want the best team on any given day to get the win. I want the ladder to represent the standard of the teams and not be a reflection of how much teams have benefitted from umpiring decisions.

We won today, not because of free kicks but because we played a much better second half. One of those frees was a joke, the others were there. You seem to never give us any credit and prefer to focus on 1-2 shi* free kicks.

As a neutral who hates Essendon and who quite liked the Dogs...that was an abysmal show of umpiring. Essendon had the run and then a a few gifts in front of goal, a couple of non-calls up the other end and it's a 4-5 goal turnaround.

It's impossible to judge their respective second halves after the momentum of one side was halted and gifted to the other.

Nah it's because the umpires grind my gears. I don't care if melbourne is the 18th best team or not. I just want the best team on any given day to get the win. I want the ladder to represent the standard of the teams and not be a reflection of how much teams have benefitted from umpiring decisions.
I hate bad umpiring as much as anyone, but the conspiracy theory crap has worn me down.

3 goals goals minimum. 3 goals in the wet is about 6 goals in the dry. It's game changing.

Let me get this straight.... Are you saying that after the Weightman 'ordeal', Essendon realised - subconsciously or not - that 3 goals in the wet was too much for them and stopped putting in 100%? Because it sure sounds like it..

They didn't kick a goal for the 2nd half dude. First team since 1956. Stop blaming umpires, its weak.

Agree but we shouldn’t be content with just making the 8. if you are not in to win it in finals then don’t bother getting there rather miss the 8 then witness another finals flogging
Yeah that was a general feeling amongst the Eagles fans to

Back