Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just trying to figure out off the top of my head, who was in the squad in 2016, and missed out on the GF, but are now in our best 22 (or close)?

- Wallis
-Dale
-Williams
-Smith

Think that's about it?

Just trying to figure out off the top of my head, who was in the squad in 2016, and missed out on the GF, but are now in our best 22 (or close)?

- Wallis
-Dale
-Williams
-Smith

Think that's about it?
You are correct. Other players on the squad who missed the GF and are no longer with us:
  • Marcus Adams
  • Jed Adcock
  • Tom Campbell
  • Kieran Collins
  • Stewart Crameri (suspended)
  • Luke Goetz (delisted halfway through 2016)
  • Declan Hamilton
  • Mitch Honeychurch
  • Nathan Hrovat
  • Lin Jong*
  • Brad Lynch
  • Will Minson
  • Robert Murphy
  • Josh Prudden
  • Jack Redpath
  • Koby Stevens
  • Matt Suckling
  • Lukas Webb

I didn't know where else to post this.

I fear for the future of sports streaming.

Upon waking up this morning, to my dismay I discovered Optus Sport no longer has the rights to broadcast the UEFA Champions League. Those rights have been picked up by Stan.

This means to watch both the EPL and Champions League, you need to pay monthly subscriptions to both Optus and Stan.

To also watch AFL, NRL, NBA, NFL, Tennis, etc, you need Foxtel or Kayo. This is now getting beyond a joke.

This unfortunately is only the very start of what is soon to be a major issue.

As other media platforms enter the ever growing sports broadcasting market, I fear commitments will eventually be made by five or six different streaming services to have exclusive rights to a particular sport or competition. This is inevitable.

What this means is, if you're a sports lover like me, you may have no choice but to sign up to every streaming service, or just commit to whatever your budget is and select what sports mean most to you. Unfortunately, unless you commit to every single streaming service, you will no longer be able to stream all your favourite sports.

The days of having these sports broadcast either free to air, or exclusively on Foxtel on their many sports channels, are sadly all but over.

What is the answer here? Has anyone else given this much thought?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Upon waking up this morning, to my dismay I discovered Optus Sport no longer has the rights to broadcast the UEFA Champions League. Those rights have been picked up by Stan.

This means to watch both the EPL and Champions League, you need to pay monthly subscriptions to both Optus and Stan.

To also watch AFL, NRL, NBA, NFL, Tennis, etc, you need Foxtel or Kayo. This is now getting beyond a joke.

As other media platforms enter the ever growing sports broadcasting market, I fear commitments will eventually be made by five or six different streaming services to have exclusive rights to a particular sport or competition. This is inevitable.

What this means is, if you're a sports lover like me, you may have no choice but to sign up to every streaming service, or just commit to whatever your budget is and select what sports mean most to you. Unfortunately, unless you commit to every single streaming service, you will no longer be able to stream all your favourite sports.

The days of having these sports broadcast either free to air, or exclusively on Foxtel on their many sports channels, are sadly all but over.

And A League :(

I’m not an avid watcher of the A-league & super rugby but I did tune in to watch the Rebels & Victory games when they were on.

I think both leagues are on Stan now & I won’t be paying for that on top of foxtel.

ESPN has the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NCAA football & basketball so I’m quite content there.
Different story if those rights go elsewhere though.

Forgot what a cracking tune this is.

Would sound great mixed into this

Shane Biggs

A League on freakin Paramount. A couple of games a week will be on Channel 10 I believe

I’m not an avid watcher of the A-league & super rugby but I did tune in to watch the Rebels & Victory games when they were on.

I think both leagues are on Stan now & I won’t be paying for that on top of foxtel.

ESPN has the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NCAA football & basketball so I’m quite content there.
Different story if those rights go elsewhere though.

Does anyone know if the Bulldogs shop is currently up and running? Placed an order 4 days ago and have tried emailing and calling but no reply yet. Paid express shipping hoping to get the items over here for the GF next weekend...

Does anyone know if the Bulldogs shop is currently up and running? Placed an order 4 days ago and have tried emailing and calling but no reply yet. Paid express shipping hoping to get the items over here for the GF next weekend...
There was a post in the last couple of days saying that they were cleaned out and super busy with orders. Probably just working through a backlog of all the people doing the same thing.

There was a post in the last couple of days saying that they were cleaned out and super busy with orders. Probably just working through a backlog of all the people doing the same thing.

Ah ok thanks, thought it might be a tough ask, but hopefully they get to it. Cheers

I’m sitting in the park in Koroit with the kids and a young bloke turns up to do some exercises with a Bulldogs next generation academy training shirt on - No 33 & Hampden written on the back? I guess Hampden is the local league

I’m sitting in the park in Koroit with the kids and a young bloke turns up to do some exercises with a Bulldogs next generation academy training shirt on - No 33 & Hampden written on the back? I guess Hampden is the local league
Correct

I know it doesn't suit everyone but my response is not to watch them at all. I don't mind subscribing to a service if it's something I really want but I refuse to send any money Murdoch's way.

Generally I stick with whatever's on FTA. I'm not a big TV watcher anyway. There are some great sports such as Le Tour and the Vuelta on SBS (until they become popular enough for some streaming service to gazump SBS and snaffle them). At a pinch there's always the very rare option of going to a sports bar which is a way of watching Fox but greatly diluting my contribution to Murdoch.

Anyway it's spring and the outdoors is a great option. Great for the mental health too, even if I'm only allowed out for 2 hours a day. 🌞

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back