Arsenal FC: Out of control

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez some 'fans' have no idea.

I'd rather forego a few years of trophies to ensure my team is one of the few power clubs not going hundreds of millions of dollars into debt (let alone in the black and actually making good coin).

One day the mountains of debt these clubs have built up will collapse on them, no matter how much equity they have. Arsenal will not be one of them.

The Gunners will be back sooner rather than later, and when they get back, they are going to be in one of the strongest all round positions in world football.
7 years, more than likely 8, is not a few years.

Until you have supported Arsenal, you have no idea what it's like.

Would you hand back all of Geelong's Premierships from the past few years?

Now 16-17 years, is now an okay time to be pissed?

Last year's has already been bumped.
I doubt any Spurs fan thinks we are finishing top 4 this year

This season the league will be ultra competitive. You could sneak a top 4 spot, but I reckon 5th is more realistic. You are already off to a great start.

Cruyff14 thoughts?

Positive for you is that Willian won't be seen at Arsenal again

Amazing thing about this thread is that it was created 9 years ago and things have only got much worse
I thought about bumping this thread too, but didn't cos people will say it's an entitled mentality etc.

I think we will be mid table mediocrity at best for a few years at least the way we are going.

I thought about bumping this thread too, but didn't cos people will say it's an entitled mentality etc.

I think we will be mid table mediocrity at best for a few years at least the way we are going.
Not sure anyone can claim entitled mentality when the club is sitting on the bottom.

Also just shows how the drifting over the last 10 years of Wenger has impacted the club and puts it at least another 5 years away from really fixing it

For all the criticism you got at the time you were 100% correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to realise that paying a dividend to shareholders instead of investing in the team is not "the right way".

Highest spend this window.. Maybe the issues run deeper.

For the highest spend this window, have they actually improved their first team from last year?

Correct, so it's probably the backroom staff including scouts who need an overhaul as much as the squad itself. Not as simple as just throwing money at random players and hoping it'll stick.

That being said I think White and Ramsdale are good long term investments, but need some top line players to lift the first XI up over the short-/medium-term.

Correct, so it's probably the backroom staff including scouts who need an overhaul as much as the squad itself. Not as simple as just throwing money at random players and hoping it'll stick.

That being said I think White and Ramsdale are good long term investments, but need some top line players to lift the first XI up over the short-/medium-term.
No doubt and throwing money at players who then aren't good enough means their wages are too high and they can never move them on. So much deadwood in that team yet they can't get rid of them

Edu and Vinai are both cucks who need to be shown the door. They're pretty useless and have messed up a lot of singings/should have targeted better players. The Willian signing is unforgivable. Cedric has been bad. Luiz was more bad than good.

Not sure why weren't all over a player like Tielemans when - at the time - we were in a better spot than Leicester IIRC.

The Odegaard signing is impressive. I don't know much about White and Ramsdale so I'll reserve judgement on them, though I do like they are targetting younger players.

I think we need an experienced, older player who knows how to win (not David Luiz) who can instill some grit and determination into these players.

Edu and Vinai are both cucks who need to be shown the door. They're pretty useless and have messed up a lot of singings/should have targeted better players. The Willian signing is unforgivable. Cedric has been bad. Luiz was more bad than good.

Not sure why weren't all over a player like Tielemans when - at the time - we were in a better spot than Leicester IIRC.

The Odegaard signing is impressive. I don't know much about White and Ramsdale so I'll reserve judgement on them, though I do like they are targetting younger players.

I think we need an experienced, older player who knows how to win (not David Luiz) who can instill some grit and determination into these players.
From the little of Lukonga I have seen, he looks good. Interesting to see a midfield of Lukonga and Partey after the international break.

Odegaard, White, and to a lesser extent Ramsdale are a good start. I think you really need to go down the Leciester and Liverpool path of signing players that have been heavily identified as having the right attributes and attitude for the team to succeed. Not many teams would have been envious of Liverpool signing Salah, Mane, Firminho, Robertson etc. at the time but look how they have propelled the team. I doubt such due diligence had been done on Luiz, Willian, Cedric and most other signings over the past decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back