US Election 2020: President Biden and VP Harris - The Aftermath (Part 2)

No, I'm suggesting Trump's current LARPing, play-along-at-home decrees about how he woulda done it all so much better are worth precisely squat considering he ran on that platform, had 4 years, and couldn't get it done.
Trump warned about the consequences of a rapid exit back in 2017
Not found

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Trump warned of the consequences of a rapid exit back in 2017
Not found

Yes, things have got markedly easier in Trump's world since then. It usually is pretty easy, from the cheap seats.

Biden can be blamed for the withdrawal cluster****, but lets not pretend it would have been sunshine and rainbows as little Donnie is now suggesting were he still prez.

In the end, Biden did something very poorly that the majority wanted

I answered your question. 2500 was enough to cover the withdrawal. This all went to sh*t after giving up the crucial strategic advantage that demoralised our Afghan allies.
Why then did Biden send in more troops if that was enough? Even with sending more it wasn't enough, your god child didn't really think it through did he?

Further why did he negotiate with the Taliban and omit bringing in the legitimate government of Afghanistan?

You really should look at the whole instead of your bias continually blinding you.

Why then did Biden send in more troops if that was enough? Even with sending more it wasn't enough, your god child didn't really think it through did he?
Under the previous agreement the Taliban were not allowed more than 5% territory gain for the US to continue the withdrawal of troops. I believe they had 60% from April to August.

Biden sent in more troops because he didn’t evacuate the people before the Taliban took Kabul.

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Why then did Biden send in more troops if that was enough?
For the love of god how many times does this need to be explained Maggie? The Afghan army collapsed overnight. The US spent 20 years training them to fight using techniques which assumes air support, then the feeble one and his woke generals inexplicably closed down the most strategic airfield in the country. So with no opposition on ground or air the Taliban completely over ran Kabul in days and surrounded the one US facility remaining there. That forced the US to pour soldiers back in to hold it so they could get their hostages citizens out.

For the love of god how many times does this need to be explained Maggie? The Afghan army collapsed overnight. The US spent 20 years training them to fight using techniques which assumes air support, then the feeble one and his woke generals inexplicably closed down the most strategic airfield in the country. So with no opposition on ground or air the Taliban completely over ran Kabul in days and surrounded the one US facility remaining there. That forced the US to pour soldiers back in to hold it so they could get their hostages citizens out.
Because you won't answer what I asked! You waffle on and on.

I know all about the Afghans not fighting and why. How is that relevant to leaving 2,500 troops left not only for the people they had to bring back but also military equipment.

I can say so should have Trump know no where near enough (and Biden), but you can't.

Give it up, you have blinkers on.

Dec 1, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
I've been among the most critical posters of Biden of everyone on this forum.

But this is the best foreign policy move of an American President since 1945, and an actual follow through on the Trumpian promise to stand up to the Deep State, which Trump had failed to do because he didn't want to concede defeat. Biden has no hesitancy admitting he's a loser though, and we're all the better for it. I now would even go so far as to say that it's possible that every instance of what I thought was an obvious rambling, incoherent sign of senility may have been coded messages from a man who was preparing to stand up to the military-industrial complex.

America lost the war. It's not easy to do that thousands of miles from home, and the retreat will always be messy. But the fact that we suddenly care about the terrible things happening in Afghanistan, as though suddenly things there are really bad, shows the wearying push to constantly fight will continue anon. The best thing the US can do for Afghan people is to leave them alone.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
I've been among the most critical posters of Biden of everyone on this forum.

But this is the best foreign policy move of an American President since 1945, and an actual follow through on the Trumpian promise to stand up to the Deep State, which Trump had failed to do because he didn't want to concede defeat. Biden has no hesitancy admitting he's a loser though, and we're all the better for it. I now would even go so far as to say that it's possible that every instance of what I thought was an obvious rambling, incoherent sign of senility may have been coded messages from a man who was preparing to stand up to the military-industrial complex.

America lost the war. It's not easy to do that thousands of miles from home, and the retreat will always be messy. But the fact that we suddenly care about the terrible things happening in Afghanistan, as though suddenly things there are really bad, shows the wearying push to constantly fight will continue anon. The best thing the US can do for Afghan people is to leave them alone.
Correct.

And now for those little yellow chink bastards!

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
its unbelievable this joker is passed fit to be President.
Its pretty funny listening to him trying to string a sentence together.

Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cheers big ears.

Hmm *strokes beard*
Looks like Sidney is more of a nutter than my baby currently is. Re the article, the first quotes are from a disgruntled ex employee, the next quotes from a competing media outlet, meh. Everyone knows Fox is biased AF, they make it sound like it’s the first time Murdoch has sucked up to a president. Dubya, anyone? Back then he had CNN and others as well though. Fox found a niche this time.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Well they acknowledged the theory, which remains plausible.
A rube to the end.

As if you could begin to argue what's plausible and what isn't.

Who do you think you're kidding with this fan dance?

Fox did far more than "acknowledge a theory". They actively promoted Trump's bullshit claim the election was stolen. It's baseless. And it undermines democracy. They did it anyway because that's what their audience wanted to hear. Folks like you lapped it up because it was preferable to admitting their preferred candidate lost.

What do you think happens if the side that loses an election simply claims they were robbed and the result was invalid? Where do you think this leads? This is what you've endorsed.

You don't know enough about anything to recognise that this is a step in the wrong direction.

Last edited:
Back