NFL NFL RDT 2021/22 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Mac Jones moved the ball quite well yesterday, albeit against an ordinary Eagles D missing many key starters. His throws had some real zip on them when needed and he made some great decisions. If he wins the starting job over Newton (Which I think Bill would be inclined to do) he would have to be a genuine consideration as the bench spot on my team

Mac Jones moved the ball quite well yesterday, albeit against an ordinary Eagles D missing many key starters. His throws had some real zip on them when needed and he made some great decisions. If he wins the starting job over Newton (Which I think Bill would be inclined to do) he would have to be a genuine consideration as the bench spot on my team

Yeah he looked good but i dont think Newton was neccesarily poor so could go either way. Im considering trading murray down to a rookie qb but dont know how to use the cash except for upgrading a WR but i am happy with 3 rookies there.

Depends who plays round 1 i guess

What do we think about choosing a RB1 and RB2 from the same team? Ive currently got Zeke and Pollard so ive got good cover if injury strikes. That said, im not sure if it is the best option when i could be using that position to get another rookie RB. Apart from N.Harris (who ive got) im not entirely certain about other rookies being first choice RB at their club :think:

What do we think about choosing a RB1 and RB2 from the same team? Ive currently got Zeke and Pollard so ive got good cover if injury strikes. That said, im not sure if it is the best option when i could be using that position to get another rookie RB. Apart from N.Harris (who ive got) im not entirely certain about other rookies being first choice RB at their club :think:
I don’t mind the thinking, but in saying that I find it difficult to see scenarios that repeat themselves where both the RB1 & RB2 for said teams both put up big numbers in the same game week after week. We’ve seen before it can happen no doubt in certain games/situations against a poor run D etc, but I couldn’t see myself playing two from the same team for the above reason. Outside of Najee I’m not sure any other back will get sufficient carries/snaps either. Ettiene, Williams, Carter, Sermon are all decent backs in there own right, but none are the lone back….

I don’t mind the thinking, but in saying that I find it difficult to see scenarios that repeat themselves where both the RB1 & RB2 for said teams both put up big numbers in the same game week after week. We’ve seen before it can happen no doubt in certain games/situations against a poor run D etc, but I couldn’t see myself playing two from the same team for the above reason. Outside of Najee I’m not sure any other back will get sufficient carries/snaps either. Ettiene, Williams, Carter, Sermon are all decent backs in there own right, but none are the lone back….
I think the main benefit would be if an injury occurs to the running back from the same team in your starting team but then again playing for an injury probably isnt the best strategy. I dont mind Pollard but i probably wouldnt strongly consider him if it wasnt for Zeke being locked into my team. Like you said (with the possible exception of Cleveland) 2 RBs for the same team scoring well week after week is pretty rare.

I'm definitely considering some of those names you mentioned but i honestly think all of them would need an injury to the first choice running back at their team to average enough to be worth fielding long term. Obviously they will make cash and may put up big numbers in certain games but ideally i want all 6 of my RBs to be first choice which is why ive freed up some cash and gone with Henderson to complement Najee on my bench.

Najee or Henderson may prove to be worthwhile starters too but for the early part of the season im more comfortable fielding the bonafide guns and mid-price backs that i think still have upside. I hope that spending big in the RB position gives me some sort of advantage. Plus if i downgrade my RBs i just cant find a good way to spend the extra cash.

Rams just traded for Michel from the Patriots which means im less certain about the volume of snaps that Henderson will get so ive dropped him for a cheapie (Carter) at this stage. Henderson hurt his thumb as well which probably was part of the reasoning for acquiring Michel. I still think Henderson will have a good season but given the thumb issue he may take a little time to get going. The extra cash was used on acquiring a better kicker and upgrading my WR bench to Chase and Elijah Moore

Rams just traded for Michel from the Patriots which means im less certain about the volume of snaps that Henderson will get so ive dropped him for a cheapie (Carter) at this stage. Henderson hurt his thumb as well which probably was part of the reasoning for acquiring Michel. I still think Henderson will have a good season but given the thumb issue he may take a little time to get going. The extra cash was used on acquiring a better kicker and upgrading my WR bench to Chase and Elijah Moore
Big wraps on Moore. Chase has had a rough camp from all reports with lots of drops and done the same on 3 targets last pre season game. Remember, he did have last year away from football opting out in the Covid season so there may be rust but he was by far and away the best Receiver in College the year prior (Including his LSU teammate Jefferson-Who lit up the league last season in his rookie year)

Big wraps on Moore. Chase has had a rough camp from all reports with lots of drops and done the same on 3 targets last pre season game. Remember, he did have last year away from football opting out in the Covid season so there may be rust but he was by far and away the best Receiver in College the year prior (Including his LSU teammate Jefferson-Who lit up the league last season in his rookie year)
I may go Devonta Smith instead of Chase then. They seem to be the best options in terms of job security but hard to tell whether they will be the best scorers in that 'rookie' price range. The big ? mark with my team is whether i go with N.Harris on my field or not. If i want him on field i can get an extra gun WR but as discussed backup options at RB seem to be thin. Sermon and Carter are on my bench currently as i had a change of heart and thought Najee will score enough to be starting. That said, it feels like im running the guantlet a bit.

I may go Devonta Smith instead of Chase then. They seem to be the best options in terms of job security but hard to tell whether they will be the best scorers in that 'rookie' price range. The big ? mark with my team is whether i go with N.Harris on my field or not. If i want him on field i can get an extra gun WR but as discussed backup options at RB seem to be thin. Sermon and Carter are on my bench currently as i had a change of heart and thought Najee will score enough to be starting. That said, it feels like im running the guantlet a bit.
Unsure on how Najee could score. On one hand he should get plenty of touches to have the chance to score well but behind that O Line I could see him finishing games with 20 carries for 45 yards type of thing. I like Smith, I think he could well be Hurts’ main target for the Eagles. The duo were team mates at Alabama too so there is a connection already

Dobbins goes down this morning too with a knee injury. Unsure on severity as yet, looked to get hyperextended in a tackle. The RB room seems to be taking a big hit on Fantasy/DT relevant players and the season is yet to kick off. All of Akers,Etienne,Dobbins were all high on my radar during the off season

Dobbins goes down this morning too with a knee injury. Unsure on severity as yet, looked to get hyperextended in a tackle. The RB room seems to be taking a big hit on Fantasy/DT relevant players and the season is yet to kick off. All of Akers,Etienne,Dobbins were all high on my radar during the off season
Was right on my radar too, but currently have Ekeler in what would've been his spot. I wonder if Gus Edwards is potentially value then? I suppose first we need clarity on how significant this injury actually is :think:

You're right though, they are dropping like flies!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was right on my radar too, but currently have Ekeler in what would've been his spot. I wonder if Gus Edwards is potentially value then? I suppose first we need clarity on how significant this injury actually is :think:

You're right though, they are dropping like flies!
Edwards will become significantly more appealing if Dobbins misses any length of time throughout the year. Ravens love to pound the rock, it’s their identity. That won’t change with Dobbins out, simply a case of next man up (And Gus is more than capable of doing so)

Dobbins is set for scans tomorrow, we should know more not long after…

Dobbins ruled out for season with torn ACL
Obviously its terrible news for the Ravens and Dobbins but ill be interested to see how it impacts their offence and the fantasy ramifications. It seems like Edwards will be their first choice RB now but im also keen to see who else is affected. I dont know anything about the other options other than the fact they are super cheap so there might be value there unless options 2,3 even 4 share backup duties.

At the moment im watching the Pats game and Jones looks damn impressive to me. I have no idea who will start but if its Jones he will probably make his way into my team

There are a fair few player A v B v C decisions to make

Ekeler v Gibson v Zeke (pick 2)
Shenault v Meyers v G.Davis (pick 1)
Hopkins v A.J Brown
M.Jones v Fields v Lawrence v Z.Wilson (pick 1)
Cook v Kamara

Bold denotes who i currently have in my team.

Is it suicide to go with 3 cheap QB ?

Is it suicide to go with 3 cheap QB ?
Yes. 2 are fine but i think you need a gun QB

EDIT: The only way i can see it working is if you load up on gun RBs to compensate but personally id prefer to get 1 gun QB and then get 1 or 2 value RBs. The QB rookie class is pretty good and will make you lots of money but i just think it will set you back a little bit too far points wise.

PROJ 475

Main starters

Brady / Lawrence
Kamara / Jones / Ekeler / Elliott
Hill / Ridley / Diggs / Brown / Hopkins {either Waddle Chase Devonte}
Kelce / Pitts
Mcpherson
SF49ers
That is a high projection! It looks good but the quality of your team also depends on your bench although it looks like you have good WR bench players. Who would be your first choice captain? Kamara or Brady?

That is a high projection! It looks good but the quality of your team also depends on your bench although it looks like you have good WR bench players. Who would be your first choice captain? Kamara or Brady?

Brady first on the VC loop (I have a dud kicker}
Kamara NB Week 1.

Rest of bench
Z Wilson
Harris / Coleman
Jarwin
Minnesota

There are a fair few player A v B v C decisions to make

Ekeler v Gibson v Zeke (pick 2)
Shenault v Meyers v G.Davis (pick 1)
Hopkins v A.J Brown
M.Jones v Fields v Lawrence v Z.Wilson (pick 1)
Cook v Kamara

Bold denotes who i currently have in my team.
Gibson & Zeke
Shenault
Brown
Wilson
AK

Also, I think Bill will start Cam. Jones definitely passes the eye test, but Bill’s track record for starting early round picks has not been great. Jones will start at some stage, but it won’t be week 1. All of Jones, Fields & Lance look great, but I feel none will start which is a shame because all 3 have a great chance to put up big points in terms of SportsDeck for us-Especially Fields & Lance with their legs, which will mean burning trades at some stage (And could very well be early on).

Gibson & Zeke
Shenault
Brown
Wilson
AK

Also, I think Bill will start Cam. Jones definitely passes the eye test, but Bill’s track record for starting early round picks has not been great. Jones will start at some stage, but it won’t be week 1. All of Jones, Fields & Lance look great, but I feel none will start which is a shame because all 3 have a great chance to put up big points in terms of SportsDeck for us-Especially Fields & Lance with their legs, which will mean burning trades at some stage (And could very well be early on).
Cheers. I actually dont mind my team starting with all of CMC/Cook/Kamara/Zeke. I can still get Mahomes/Kelce/Hill and im still only starting 4 'rookies' in Wilson/Waddle/D.Smith/Pitts. I have gone a little cold on Tua given i dont think he will be a keeper and grabbing 2 rookie QBs seems like a good way to make $. I only have 2 gun WRs but i dont really view any others as must-haves. I even still have Edwards/Najee on my RB bench.

EDIT: $540k ITB, 478 projected
Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 4.14.09 pm.png

I like Kupp and Shenault for value. I'll probably start Fields even if he isnt QB1 for round 1. Apart from my kicker i dont think ive completely ruined a position in order to get the big 3 RBs (plus Zeke). Another gun WR would be nice but im happier to lock in the points from gun RBs and hopefully my rookie WRs can produce.

EDIT(2): I also like this one

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 5.23.07 pm.png

Last edited:
Cheers. I actually dont mind my team starting with all of CMC/Cook/Kamara/Zeke. I can still get Mahomes/Kelce/Hill and im still only starting 4 'rookies' in Wilson/Waddle/D.Smith/Pitts. I have gone a little cold on Tua given i dont think he will be a keeper and grabbing 2 rookie QBs seems like a good way to make $. I only have 2 gun WRs but i dont really view any others as must-haves. I even still have Edwards/Najee on my RB bench.

EDIT: $540k ITB, 478 projected
View attachment 1221731

I like Kupp and Shenault for value. I'll probably start Fields even if he isnt QB1 for round 1. Apart from my kicker i dont think ive completely ruined a position in order to get the big 3 RBs (plus Zeke). Another gun WR would be nice but im happier to lock in the points from gun RBs and hopefully my rookie WRs can produce.

EDIT(2): I also like this one

View attachment 1221792
Both very solid teams. Think I prefer team 1, really like a lot of those picks, very nice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back