Autopsy AFL 2021 Second Semi Final - Cats v Giants Fri September 3rd 7:50pm EST / 5:50pm WST (Optus)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Giants by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Giants by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Giants by a lot

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

CA8565E9-DB92-4096-B973-11820A78C39A.png

AFL 2021 PREMIERSHIP SEASON SECOND SEMI FINAL
GEELONG V GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 3RD 7:50PM EST / 5:50PM WST (OPTUS STADIUM)

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM

$1000 IN CASH PRIZES

Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won.

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

CATS

B: J.Henry, L.Henderson, J.Kolodjashnij
HB: Z.Tuohy, M.Blicavs, T.Atkins
C: C.Guthrie, M.Duncan, I.Smith
HF: E.Ratugolea, J.Cameron, G.Rohan
F: B.Close, T.Hawkins, G.Miers
FOLL: R.Stanley, J.Selwood, P.Dangerfield

I/C: J.Bews, M.Holmes, S.Menegola, B.Parfitt
EMG: S.Higgins, S.Simpson, D.Fort, Z.Guthrie

IN: Z.Tuohy, E.Ratugolea, M.Holmes
OUT: S.Simpson, L.Dahlhaus (both omitted), M.O’Connor (injured), S.Higgins (managed)

GIANTS
B: J.Stein, S.Taylor, I.Cumming
HB: L.Ash, N.Haynes, L.Whitfield
C: J.Kelly, S.Coniglio, H.Perryman
HF: T.Taranto, H.Himmelberg, D.Lloyd
F: Z.Sproule, J.Hogan, M.de Boer
FOLL: S.Mumford, J.Hopper, C.Ward

I/C: T.Bruhn, B.Hill, C.Stone, C.Idun
EMG: J.Riccardi, K.Briggs, P.Davis, J.Peatling

IN: B.Hill, C.Stone
OUT: S.Reid, T.Green (both injured), T.Greene (suspended)

Last edited:
Can't see a Toby-less Giants side getting up here. He is their talisman. It will be interesting to see which way the neutral crowd goes here. My perception is that Geelong is neither much liked or hated in Perth, but maybe Eagles fans will want payback for some of those recent hidings they've got at Kardinya Park. On the other hand that might make the Cats firm favourites with Docker fans.

Can't see a Toby-less Giants side getting up here. He is their talisman. It will be interesting to see which way the neutral crowd goes here. My perception is that Geelong is neither much liked or hated in Perth, but maybe Eagles fans will want payback for some of those recent hidings they've got at Kardinya Park. On the other hand that might make the Cats firm favourites with Docker fans.
Completely incorrect. Geelong are hated by most Fremantle fans which probably stemmed from our dislike of their coach Scott, Chapman & Scarlett. I'm hoping for a GWS upset.

Completely incorrect. Geelong are hated by most Fremantle fans which probably stemmed from our dislike of their coach Scott, Chapman & Scarlett. I'm hoping for a GWS upset.
I'm sad to hear that. Teams, coaches and players annoy fans all the time. Hell, I remember when Solomon cracked Ling's cheekbone. I actually like Freo and was cheering for you against the Hawks.

Toby-less Giants vs Tom-less Cats.
Given the result of the previous game you would expect the Cats to make some changes. Tuohy for injured O'Connor. Ratugolea, Zuthrie?

Geelong to bounce back with a resounding win by 45 points

Gary Rohan to kick 4 goals
Patrick Dangerfield best on ground with 30 possessions and 2 goals

i reckon green will get a huge fine and able to play v cats i just have a feeling that the umpire could have moved out of the way and that green could not as he had a player on his other side and he just brushed past the ump.

if the umpire actually properly umpired then the incident would not have occured typical of the afl protecting them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoges to kick a bag then snort a bag. Danger to go missing when it matters. Hawkins will grab a nice big fat nugget out of his nose and eat it live on television. Selwood’s a dirty campaigner. GWS easily because Geelong are mentally pissweak.

Can't wait to hear Chris Scott have a nice big fat sook after too.
Loves a whinge does Chris, loves it. Can't help himself. Just has to have a big fat sook.

Can't wait to hear Chris Scott have a nice big fat sook after too.
Loves a whinge does Chris, loves it. Can't help himself. Just has to have a big fat sook.

This is not me arcing up. This isn’t a hostile question it’s just something I often wonder.

Why is it that every coach after loss delivers a mixture of blame-acceptance (either personally or from a team perspective), some mitigating factors that may or may not be real, and a damage control speech designed to try and take a bit of pressure of his team, but when Scott does it, it’s a whinge? What did he say in Friday night’s post game that was a whinge?

I take a fairly close interest in all post match pressers and I don’t see a single thing he does different, win or lose, to any other coach. He’s generally measured, leans heavily on the ‘it’s never as bad as things are painted after a loss and it’s never as good as things are painted after a win’ mantra

I have calmed down after last week's debacle, surely Geelong cannot play that badly anymore this season? Port are not that good ( i think they'll lose their home Preliminary if they play the Dogs) Greene is worth 3 goals to the Giants and he won't be there to spook the Cats as he did a few weeks ago.
Geelong can win this by a lot and gear themselves up to shock Melbourne the following week. Cats by 46points.

I have calmed down after last week's debacle, surely Geelong cannot play that badly anymore this season? Port are not that good ( i think they'll lose their home Preliminary if they play the Dogs) Greene is worth 3 goals to the Giants and he won't be there to spook the Cats as he did a few weeks ago.
Geelong can win this by a lot and gear themselves up to shock Melbourne the following week. Cats by 46points.

That was Dunstall’s take last night on 360.
Guthrie - good player, played terrible
Cameron - stay, played terrible
Henderson - reliable player, played terrible
Dangerfield - superstar, played terrible
Etc etc
His view was basically that the odds of it happening twice in a row are minimal.

Tuohy back takes care to some degree of the composure element of Stewart’s absence. Tuohy brings a lot of calm to the back 50 and his kicking is a weapon.

I think Guthrie (Zac) needs to play because he can at least offer some interception which in turn frees Henry up to play more one on one against a key forward. Henry is a magnificent defender and our next best intercepter behind Stewart but he can’t play both roles.

Back