Southern Football League (Tas) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Some rumors circulating out at pontville that brighton have parted ways with senior coach jacob howard..... anyone else heard anything

He resigned two weeks ago I was told. Young family and had enough basically.
slightly different story to what i was told, had agreed to re-sign (verbally) a number of weeks ago only to be told the club wanted to go in another direction....... tough gig this coaching thing

He resigned two weeks ago I was told. Young family and had enough basically.
From what I have been told in the last few days is that the SFL will be a 7 team competition in the seniors next year with Claremont and Brighton pulling out.
What a rabble both these clubs are with having no coaches, ordinary playing lists and no Colts coming through.
This is what happens when the wrong people get involved off field!
RIP Claremont & Brighton

slightly different story to what i was told, had agreed to re-sign (verbally) a number of weeks ago only to be told the club wanted to go in another direction....... tough gig this coaching thing

From what I'm hearing, quite a few of their young players are leaving. And their young ones are the good ones. A few going back to TSL.

Greg Dare leaving Mt Pleasant to try and reform Oatlands, Jacob Howard wasn't re-signed by Brighton and was approached to take on Mount Pleasant coaching job is the word.
Callen Daly to join Brighton as playing coach.
Robins will still be in the comp next year, although will lose a few if Dare gets Oatlands back up and running, if they'll improve or stay where they are is anyone's guess.
Claremont - well only time will tell. Doesn't look very good for them.

Greg Dare leaving Mt Pleasant to try and reform Oatlands, Jacob Howard wasn't re-signed by Brighton and was approached to take on Mount Pleasant coaching job is the word.
Robins will still be in the comp next year, although will lose a few if Dare gets Oatlands back up and running, if they'll improve or stay where they are is anyone's guess.

Howard signed for 2022 when he signed for this year. Lots happening behind the scenes that players aren't happy with. I am mates with a dad of one of the players. He went there this year, loved his footy under Howard and playing with the boys but reckons the politics is unbearbale. Lots leaving and writing on the wall.

There aren’t enough players in the area.

Greg will be the best chance of that happening.

If Jordan Byers wants the job again, he will have it at Mt Pleasant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howard signed for 2022 when he signed for this year. Lots happening behind the scenes that players aren't happy with. I am mates with a dad of one of the players. He went there this year, loved his footy under Howard and playing with the boys but reckons the politics is unbearbale. Lots leaving and writing on the wall.
You seem to think you know a lot for someone who’s got no direct relationship with the club Phil.

You seem to think you know a lot for someone who’s got no direct relationship with the club Phil.

Apart from having relationships with people who are at the club.

I know a couple of players and their parents. I know a couple of supporters that have been there for years too. There used to be a good relationship in place between clarence and Brighton.

The couple I know enjoyed their Football this year but I think are looking elsewhere now. Zac Webster and Cal Daly coaching. There's a little seed that I heard last night at work from someone. Webster may struggle having to go to training if he is coach.

Apart from having relationships with people who are at the club.

I know a couple of players and their parents. I know a couple of supporters that have been there for years too. There used to be a good relationship in place between clarence and Brighton.

The couple I know enjoyed their Football this year but I think are looking elsewhere now. Zac Webster and Cal Daly coaching. There's a little seed that I heard last night at work from someone. Webster may struggle having to go to training if he is coach.
Whats your issue with Webster?

Whats your issue with Webster?

Oh no issue at all. Just always heard the rumours that he was never at training and not committed. I never liked it when he snipes our players though. Dirty footballer. But that's on the field and I know that's ok. Just different when you support a different team. I loved Cooney for that reason.

But certainly no issue. Just sounds like he "struggles" to train at all

First two finals weren't close, Dodges smashed N.Norfolk at the primary school to win by about 80 something points in the EF.
Huonville beat Lindisfarne pretty easily down there by nearly 10 goals in the QF.
So that would mean Cygnet will play Huonville at Cygnet next week and Lindisfarne would play Dodges at Lindisfarne if Im right.

Any best and fairest results yet?
I’ve seen sorell has had there’s already

Sorell
- Nic Baker B&F
Mitch Anderton - R/up
Adrian Butterworth 3rd

One has to ask what kind of mickey mouse operation the Sfl has become, some news circulating that a twos player from brighton has been reported and suspended 8 days after the game against hobart, of which no report was issued on game day... if one was a conspiracy theorist you would have to ask one club with ties to the board..... hmmm

Rumour ... but that's what we deal with mostly here .. I heard today that there are quite a few of the Clarence players that will be heading to Sorell at the end of the year....

I dont know the truth to this but was told by someone "in the know" that this is the case. He wouldn't tell me names but said "quite a few are going to play with Tim" (Castle).. anyone heard similar?

One has to ask what kind of mickey mouse operation the Sfl has become, some news circulating that a twos player from brighton has been reported and suspended 8 days after the game against hobart, of which no report was issued on game day... if one was a conspiracy theorist you would have to ask one club with ties to the board..... hmmm

Anymore details? Just rang someone I know at Brighton and they said they haven't heard of any of this..

Rumour ... but that's what we deal with mostly here .. I heard today that there are quite a few of the Clarence players that will be heading to Sorell at the end of the year....

I dont know the truth to this but was told by someone "in the know" that this is the case. He wouldn't tell me names but said "quite a few are going to play with Tim" (Castle).. anyone heard similar?
You’d sort of hope it’s no one important. Clarence feel like they’re on the right trajectory to match the Launceston teams in the not too distant future if they they can keep the squad together

You’d sort of hope it’s no one important. Clarence feel like they’re on the right trajectory to match the Launceston teams in the not too distant future if they they can keep the squad together

Yep, certainly hope it isn't true. Just unsure. I can see a few going there with Jezza if he decides to go there though. Which is a huge chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back