You'll never guess what the 2021 free kick differential chart looks like

Remove this Banner Ad

Right… so now that the AFL have orchestrated a Premiership for us, which included possibly the most unbelievable month of footy seen for some time… what’s their MO now as clearly their pro Bulldog stance is still on show?? One more premiership? 5 more? 10? I’m hoping they win us another 5, I’d be happy with that.
Well they can’t just stop looking out for you can they? Otherwise that would look odd. I fail to believe that the umpiring could be that bad and one sided in a GF. Can Bulldogs supporters even acknowledge how bad it was? Even with the AFL issuing an apology are you prepared to see that the umpiring was terrible?

How do you explain the AFL commissioner stating he wanted a Bulldogs premiership? And then that very year they get one. It’s pathetic. The AFL should’ve sacked Newbold on the spot for those comments. Newbold is completely anti Sydney and Anti GWS. He has been an open critic of draft concessions etc and seems to think equalisation should apply irrespective of any circumstance. You can not say you want a team to win the flag and then that team does under very odd circumstances. The Bulldogs have not had one top 4 finish under Beverage and have had the rub of the green in every final they’ve played.

They played a month of great footy, but really got looked after on GF day. The WB are such a broad based club that encompasses everything WESTERN in Victoria. Particularly metro and outer metro Melbourne. With such a huge growth corridor in the west there is a big opportunity to capture massive market share.

The Bulldogs are the pin up club for growth.

So let’s just say you’re correct. In 2015/16, the AFL Commission got together for a pub lunch and started spit balling ideas around over a beer or 3.

“I’ve got a great one” yells Gill spilling his pint glass, “how about we risk everything, manipulate the fixture and systematically manipulate the umpiring to favour a team all the way to winning a grand final?”, “why’s that Gill” queries Mike Fitzpatrick, mouth aghast, “why the fu** not” slurs Gill, “it’d be ******* hilarious!!”. “It’s agreed” laughs Mike.

Gil gets his secretary to type up his 20 page memorandum, outlining the AFL’s new modus operandi. She has it cross checked by the chairman and executive commissioners and ticked off by the board. It’s then distributed to the head of umpiring who goes about the task of re-wiring every single umpire in the league.

So now we’ve discovered it’s completely possible and actually incredibly likely…

My query, why the Bulldogs?? We’re hardly the darlings of the AFL. We have a low supporter base, marketability isn’t there, what’s the benefit? Why not Carlton, Essendon or Collingwood, clubs which would greatly increase the AFL’s bottom line?
Who really knows? Probably trying to wean one minnow club off the teat of the AFL. No better way to drive memberships and attendance than winning flags.

This is the same AFL who, by the way, invited Eddie McGuire to attend negotiations between the AFL and the MCG trust to suddenly get a 50 year deal to host the GF at the MCG.

Do you really think they wouldn't do their best to subtly engineer certain results to financially benefit themselves as an organisation?

Great!! So we agree. The rise of the Bulldogs in 16’ and possibly again this year was devised at the very top level!!

You blokes are fools
The only fool ITT is you mate ☺️ the AFL is either gifting you blokes a greater chance of victory for reasons unbeknownst to us plebs OR you support a team that is coached to milk/play for frees. I'm not really sure which is more embarrassing tbqh.

The eagles @ home free kick discrepancy could always be argued away as a vocal home crowd, there is no explanation for this year's discrepancy in your favour except the two options I gave you above.

"Fairer team'" lmao you have to be joking, I have a beautiful big bridge over the sydney harbour I'll sell you if you're that gullible

This quote of yours says it all

It’s that’s your genuine opinion, then arguing any further is pointless. Good luck for the rest of finals, fingers crossed the decisions go your way.
Hopefully we don’t need them to. If we can kick a big enough score then we can deal with half a dozen bad calls and not let it impact the result.

You had the AFL commissioner openly state he wanted you to win a flag in 2016. You played a great month of footy. Definitely. But some of those calls in the GF were horrible. I can tell you from personal experience with that former commissioner that he positively hates Sydney due to COLA and hated that Franklin left Hawthorn to go there.

No worries let's run with this.

So what did he go on to do? I'm assuming you believe something along the lines of holding a meeting/sending out a memo to the umpiring group that they should deliberately favour the Bulldogs through the 2016 finals, and go particularly hard in the Grand Final. This would obviously involve a number of umpires.

In this scenario Gil is taking a rather large risk wouldn't you agree?

All umpires involved would need to be trusted to keep this secret for the remainder of their lives lest Gil risk reputational harm the likes never seen before in world sport and almost certainly jail time gives the money involved n AFL.

Tell me, do you really believe the faeces you're shovelling? (conceding you are one of many such dropkicks). Enlighten me.

So what did he go on to do? I'm assuming you believe something along the lines of holding a meeting/sending out a memo to the umpiring group that they should deliberately favour the Bulldogs through the 2016 finals, and go particularly hard in the Grand Final. This would obviously involve a number of umpires.

All umpires involved would need to be trusted to keep this secret for the remainder of their lives lest Gil risk reputational harm the likes never seen before in world sport and almost certainly jail time gives the money involved n AFL.

Tell me, do you really believe the faeces you're shovelling? (conceding you are one of many such dropkicks). Enlighten me.
You’re naive

*ignores the fact that the bulldogs took advantage from frees more than any other team so in-play impact was reduced in 2016*

Yes, the AFL hate Sydney so much they gave them an extra 9.8% of salary cap and Tippet for free. That should throw people off the scent. Unfortunately internet sleuths have figured it all out .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*ignores the fact that the bulldogs took advantage from frees more than any other team so in-play impact was reduced in 2016*

Yes, the AFL hate Sydney so much they gave them an extra 9.8% of salary cap and Tippet for free. That should throw people off the scent. Unfortunately internet sleuths have figured it all out .
It’s important Sydney and GWS are competitive. I simply hate the fact that Weightman can flop around and suck the umpires in. I’d like the umpires to stop getting sucked in full stop. The fact the umpiring can be so bad in a GF for the AFL apologies is pretty bad. In fact it’s totally unfair. There should’ve been a review into it post GF given an apology was issued and the GF was influenced by the result of what the AFL conceded was bad umpiring.

Back to the former AFL Commissioner. Do you seriously think it’s appropriate for him to say that he wants a WB flag? It doesn’t look great does it?

It’s important Sydney and GWS are competitive. I simply hate the fact that Weightman can flop around and suck the umpires in. I’d like the umpires to stop getting sucked in full stop. The fact the umpiring can be so bad in a GF for the AFL apologies is pretty bad. In fact it’s totally unfair. There should’ve been a review into it post GF given an apology was issued and the GF was influenced by the result of what the AFL conceded was bad umpiring.

Back to the former AFL Commissioner. Do you seriously think it’s appropriate for him to say that he wants a WB flag? It doesn’t look great does it?
Weightman is a ball player - if you watched the game on Sunday, you would have seen that.
Do you honestly think umpires are directed to favour one side over another? Seriously?
If you answer yes, do you think the Earth is round or flat?

Weightman is a ball player - if you watched the game on Sunday, you would have seen that.
Do you honestly think umpires are directed to favour one side over another? Seriously?
If you answer yes, do you think the Earth is round or flat?
I think it’s pretty obvious what my views on science and nut job conspiracy theories are. As are my views on social and political issues. If you’re not aware - they’d be the same as yours. This isn’t really all that complex.

Weightman is a ball player. Have I stated otherwise? Does he have a little technique to draw high tackles? Yes. Do the umpires get drawn in? Yes. Is it a problem? Yes. Four goals from four free kicks is phenomenally bad. You can’t just discount everyone on here raising this as an issue. As I said, this goes back to GF. You had the game swing your way due to the shocking umpiring.

You haven’t even answered or addressed my posts re the AFL CC at the time making those terribly biased comments.

I think it’s pretty obvious what my views on science and nut job conspiracy theories are. As are my views on social and political issues. If you’re not aware - they’d be the same as yours. This isn’t really at that complex.

Weightman is a ball player. Have I stated otherwise? Does he have a little technique to draw high tackles? Yes. Do the umpires get drawn in? Yes. Is it a problem? Yes. Four goals from four free kicks is phenomenally bad. You can’t just discount everyone on here raising this as an issue. As I said, this goes back to GF. You had the game swing your way due to the shocking umpiring.

You haven’t even answered or addressed my posts re the AFL CC at the time making those terribly biased comments.
A throwaway answer to a journo question isn't an issue here. If specifically asked about any club who had a reasonable floag drought, it would probably elicit the same answer.

One of those free kicks wasn't there (Draper). Weightman wasn't acting, he was playing the ball and was continuing the play when the umpire blew the whistle How is that his fault?
Now, do you honestly think there is a directive from AFL house to favour some teams over others? Yes or no?

If so, why would the Bulldogs lose the free kick count substantially in the last round, then only be relegated outside of the top four due to a timekeeper error in the Brisbane game?

A throwaway answer to a journo question isn't an issue here. If specifically asked about any club who had a reasonable floag drought, it would probably elicit the same answer.

One of those free kicks wasn't there (Draper). Weightman wasn't acting, he was playing the ball and was continuing the play when the umpire blew the whistle How is that his fault?
Now, do you honestly think there is a directive from AFL house to favour some teams over others? Yes or no?

If so, why would the Bulldogs lose the free kick count substantially in the last round, then only be relegated outside of the top four due to a timekeeper error in the Brisbane game?
You keep deflecting away from my questions and comments. You’re not going to win it every time are you? But in every final you’ve played you’ve won the free kick count. I definitely think that in 2016 on GF day you were looked after. It was a great story wasn’t it? The WB coming from 7th to win the flag.

Since then, your players have been great at playing up to it which detracts from the spirit of the game. Weightman is a really good player, but the umpires need not get sucked into his rubbish.

You keep deflecting away from my questions and comments. You’re not going to win it every time are you? But in every final you’ve played you’ve won the free kick count. I definitely think that in 2016 on GF day you were looked after. It was a great story wasn’t it? The WB coming from 7th to win the flag.

Since then, your players have been great at playing up to it which detracts from the spirit of the game. Weightman is a really good player, but the umpires need not get sucked into his rubbish.
Ok, so you won't answer the question after I answered yours.
No worries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back