Coach Craig McRae

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Very happy with this appointment.

Was always going to support whoever the panel nominated but always had a preference for one of the next generation to be given the opportunity.

Look forward to seeing what he brings.

RobsJourney

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Mannnn, as a Richmond supporter how am I supposed to hate Collingwood now?!

Haha nah, I really don't anyway, compared to past generations (I'm 34), but yeah, Fly is not only a much loved assistant of ours during our successful period, but just a great bloke, a really nice guy, gonna make you a lot more likeable.

Congratulations Pies :)

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
Very impressed with what he has said so far. I can see him being a coach our players are willing to run through a brick wall for. And he clearly understands our deficiencies on field and must have sold the panel on his plan to fix them.

I was a bit disappointed that they didn't ask him more philosophical questions about his views on footy.

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mannnn, as a Richmond supporter how am I supposed to hate Collingwood now?!

Haha nah, I really don't anyway, compared to past generations (I'm 34), but yeah, Fly is not only a much loved assistant of ours during our successful period, but just a great bloke, a really nice guy, gonna make you a lot more likeable.

Congratulations Pies :)
Please, you can still hate us ;)

He looks like a good one.

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not too many occasions where a club will slip from finals to second-last on the ladder, lose leaders and icons in the process, then still manage to go into the next season with a genuine sense of hope.

Collingwood have done it and I couldn't be happier at how we've gone about things.
I always have hope, most times that's all we have.

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
What'd he say.
Pendles has a "big part to play".

Pendles is an "example of all other players" to the level of professionalism and detail" required to be a good player. Used him as an example at other clubs as well.

Will be "integral" in developing and mentoring the young group

Maggie Greg

Cancelled
Jan 24, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood
Q1 (Tony Jones): “Are you concerned about the board situation?”

A1: “No”

Q2 (Tony Jones): “Would you like to elaborate on that answer?”

A2: “No”
McCrae had already answered that question 3 minutes earlier when he quoted Lethal and said - players play, coaches coach and adminstrators "administrate".

Dickhead Jones was caught out not listening to the other questions.

"our list is about to get younger"

We're in for a tough few years no doubt but seem to have found someone to guide us through this in a measured and competent manner.

Onwards and upwards from there.

Let's go Fly.

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
McCrae had already answered that question 3 minutes earlier when he quoted Lethal and said - players play, coaches coach and adminstrators "administrate".

Dickhead Jones was caught out not listening to the other questions.
Yep, had even said that he did talk to Wright about it and that conversation made him comfortable

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood

We're in for a tough few years no doubt but seem to have found someone to guide us through this in a measured and competent manner.

Let's go Fly.
List getting younger has already happened with Mayne and Greenwood going out. Trade away a Cox or lose someone like Thomas and our list profile looks completely different.

Funnily enough if you go back to that Swoop/Licuria YouTube video, Licca mentioned picking a coach that has lived and breathed success, will grow with the group, etc. In hindsight it should’ve been obvious who we were going to pick 😂

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός
I feel like I may be one of the few who actually liked him saying "Wanna get as good as we can as quick as we can"

Most in that scenario would have talked about patience and such

But then I'm also way more bullish on the list than most I assume. Felt similarly in 2017 too. Lost a LOT of close games in 2017, 6 in fact. We won those 6 extra games in 2018 and it got us Top 4.

This year we lost a lot of close games too. Games we could or should have won. Which would have had us around the 8. A hopefully competent coach, an injection of talent and some luck with injuries and who knows. I'd prefer not to completely write next year off before it's started.

I was a little concerned about how much praise he was heaping on himself, about how he was very good at thsi and very good at that....not once but on multiple occasions.

We may have a real FIGJAM on our hands.

His job today was to give the fans and members hope, confidence and excitement about the future. To get the members not on automatic renewals to pay up. To inspire those few folks to sign up who had pledged that they would never be a member as long as Buckley or Ed were in the building.

His warm-up acts didn’t do a great job of getting the crowd pumped, but once it was his turn to perform he did a solid job at a time and occasion that clearly made him nervous.

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

Let's go Fly.

What happens when 2 of your 3 eldest players retire.

Jechas

Rookie
Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
I was a little concerned about how much praise he was heaping on himself, about how he was very good at thsi and very good at that....not once but on multiple occasions.

We may have a real FIGJAM on our hands.
Its good that he knows his strengths and will try and utilise them as much as possible. Im sure they are a big reason as to why he was signed.

Back