CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Interesting appointment, mate.

Who's responsible for the Crows' tackling? This bloke, now?
I hope he shows them how to grab a bloke and hang onto him. I thought the Crows' 2021 tackling was weak; too easy to break away from.

What about Burgess? Do the Crows have him, or is it still a hot rumour, do you know?

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

I hope he shows them how to grab a bloke and hang onto him. I thought the Crows' 2021 tackling was weak; too easy to break away from.

What about Burgess? Do the Crows have him, or is it still a hot rumour, do you know?
It was inconsistent imo. Early in the year and during the last two games we were sticking them but as the season went on it was getting laughable.

Mar 26, 2015
The Land of Apricot Slice
AFL Club
Adelaide

SEN article commented Matt Rendell saying we had Burgess, but nothing official yet.

“The Crows have already got their top draft pick in Darren Burgess,” Rendell said.

AFC3000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Didn't we also already appoint a bloke that was mates with Burgess??

Tim Parham

Was at Port with Burgess, followed him to Arsenal and then joined us last year after the initial Burgess rumours, perhaps Burgess wanted him here.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
Tim Parham

Was at Port with Burgess, followed him to Arsenal and then joined us last year after the initial Burgess rumours, perhaps Burgess wanted him here.
Physio. I had him as another strength and conditioning coach, which made the new appointment seem weird. This makes more sense.

Mar 26, 2015
The Land of Apricot Slice
AFL Club
Adelaide
Loving the style of going out and getting the best, rather than just hoping the dollar store purchases we make will turn out to be hidden gems.

It seems like our entire mentality under the previous regime was hit and hope, now we're actively pursuing talent.

Setting ourselves up off-field perfectly, now to nail this years draft.

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Hopefully this might improve our diabolical tackle differential. In two seasons under Nicks we’ve been 18th and now 17th.

Poor defence means too many easy goals for the opposition; and not enough pressure to force forward half turnovers for us.

Hopefully, we’ve added someone good who will move us in the right direction

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hopefully this might improve our diabolical tackle differential. In two seasons under Nicks we’ve been 18th and now 17th.

Poor defence means too many easy goals for the opposition; and not enough pressure to force forward half turnovers for us.

Hopefully, we’ve added someone good who will move us in the right direction

agree.

think those who are so *certain* that Nicks is the right guy have gone too early. There are troubling aspects that need to be fixed

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
agree.

think those who are so *certain* that Nicks is the right guy have gone too early. There are troubling aspects that need to be fixed
Haha, I couldn’t possibly have gone earlier that I thought Nicks would be the wrong guy. About 5 minutes after we hired him probably.

I don’t think either the believers or the skeptics could claim vindication at this point. Could go either way.

As for Dodge: tackle differential aside, I am still on Himmelberg island; so I am hopeful with Dodge’s influence he finally has a transformative pre-season, and emerges as a genuine 22 game contested marking centre half forward.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Haha, I couldn’t possibly have gone earlier that I thought Nicks would be the wrong guy. About 5 minutes after we hired him probably.

I don’t think either the believers or the skeptics could claim vindication at this point. Could go either way.

As for Dodge: tackle differential aside, I am still on Himmelberg island; so I am hopeful with Dodge’s influence he finally has a transformative pre-season, and emerges as a genuine 22 game contested marking centre half forward.
I've said before he may not be the right guy in 5 years, I think he's the right guy right now though. If he can at least lay the foundations of what someone else takes over to become a good team then I would label that as a success given where we were coming from.

Not to compare their abilities, but somewhat like what Paul Roos did for Melbourne that Goodwin eventually took over.

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
I've said before he may not be the right guy in 5 years, I think he's the right guy right now though. If he can at least lay the foundations of what someone else takes over to become a good team then I would label that as a success given where we were coming from.

Not to compare their abilities, but somewhat like what Paul Roos did for Melbourne that Goodwin eventually took over.
Interestingly, in Roos’ 3 years with Melbourne they were 18th, 14th and 17th for tackle differential.

Blurter

Debutant
Dec 20, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Pear's Head High Performance coach Ian McKeown apparently moving on next year... Uh Oh.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
I hope we have a decent back up plan in case we don't get Burgess. Same for Balme. I hope the clubs desire to land high profile appointees hasn't made them myopic.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I hope we have a decent back up plan in case we don't get Burgess. Same for Balme. I hope the clubs desire to land high profile appointees hasn't made them myopic.
I've heard Ian McKeown may be looking for a role next year.

Back