Preview Semi Final v Bulldogs @ The Gabba, Saturday 4th September 2021, 7.20pm.

Finals destiny?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogs no changes, who goes to their dangerous power forward Josh Schache?

I would like to be positive but unfortunately it looks like we will be out in straight sets. Too many question marks on some of our players? Not confident at all.

You can’t help but be disappointed with the selections this week. As much as Dev and Payne are good ins, playing funny buggers with emergencies is something I’ve never been a fan of. Either Ah Chee and Lester are fit and should be named or they aren’t and shouldn’t be emergencies.
We aren’t going to confuddle our opposition by springing a later change…

Happy to see Jack and Dev in, am hoping it's Payne who plays forward
I am very happy to see Dev in, and happy to see Payne in, but i think it is risky having Payne play forward. Whilst he has size, some decent speed and agility has he ever played forward, even in his junior days? IF it is a H & A game give it a go, but an elimination final, not so sure. Hope I am proved wrong and he kicks 2 goals. Maybe he can prevent Bailey Dale from running out of the backline.

You can’t help but be disappointed with the selections this week. As much as Dev and Payne are good ins, playing funny buggers with emergencies is something I’ve never been a fan of. Either Ah Chee and Lester are fit and should be named or they aren’t and shouldn’t be emergencies.
That's true . But in fairness maybe we're giving the doubtful ones a day or two to prove their fitness.

Not that I want them in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lester a strong chance to be a late inclusion for Darcy Gardiner I'm hearing. Will have a pre game fitness test.
Also heard whispers Adams will be the one playing forward.
Expecting Robertson to run with Libba.
Also not sure how much less Fullarton can do to get dropped. Even if Ballenden does nothing, he is at least matching Fullartons input. Why not at least try it ? He can't do any worse. At worst he matches Fullarton.

Lesters obviously there for the Gardiner fitness issue. Giving him up to the game to prove his fitness, otherwise he comes in.

Lester a strong chance to be a late inclusion for Darcy Gardiner I'm hearing. Will have a pre game fitness test.
Also not sure how much less Fullarton can do to get dropped. Even if Ballenden does nothing, he is at least matching Fullartons input. Why not at least try it ? He can't do any worse. At worst he matches Fullarton.

Harsh on Fullarton. A shocker last week sure, but I liked his growth in the weeks leading into last weeks match. He certainly wasn't alone in having a mare & certainly wasn't the difference.

I'm not sure what the point is either. Opposition coaches do their homework so they have contingencies. Not like they'll be flabbergasted and at sea on what to do should the 22 change half an hour before the game. I guess in Gardiner's case you give him every chance to see if he is fit but all the recent scuttlebutt seemed to suggest he wasn't right to go. Birchall's knee seemed proppy plus Lester was flagged as a certain starter and if Ah Chee is fit enough to be named an emergency it seems strange he's not just straight in.

Harsh on Fullarton. A shocker last week sure, but I liked his growth in the weeks leading into last weeks match. He certainly wasn't alone in having a mare & certainly wasn't the difference.
last week ? The bloke hasn't kicked a goal for 5 games. He's kicked 2 in 10 games. He's taken a COMBINED 4 marks in his past 4 games.

It's as close to offering absolutely zero influence on the game as I have ever seen.

Fullarton feels like such a weird player for you to be this hung up on, it's not like Fullarton is going to be the difference in the game either way and personally I still think he is our best option as a ruck/forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back