Ross Lyon Most Underrated Coach By General Public?

Ross Underrated by General Public

• Total voters

random260

Premiership Player
Apr 20, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Gets no support among fans. Even though he has made 4 grand finals. He is dubbed as boring and is treated like dirt old malthouse.

What has he done to make it seem like he is out of touch with the game? Muh boring footy? Hope you enjoy sitting bottom of the ladder while screaming at Lyon being boring. No that's not directed to any club it's at supporters whom support of bottom of the table clubs and that enjoy their exciting games.

People would rather Buckley, Scott? LOL. So exciting. Wow

Rocks and glass houses.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Gets no support among fans. Even though he has made 2 grand finals. He is dubbed as boring and is treated like dirt old malthouse.

What has he done to make it seem like he is out of touch with the game? Muh boring footy? Hope you enjoy sitting bottom of the ladder while screaming at Lyon being boring. No that's not directed to any club it's at supporters whom support of bottom of the table clubs and that enjoy their exciting games.

People would rather Buckley, Scott? LOL. So exciting. Wow

Rocks and glass houses.
3 Grand Finals. 2009, 2010, 2013.

Turnover

Cancelled
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
In regards to the first sentence. Ross ain’t got many fans. Human ones of course.

efektor

Debutant
Sep 13, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
It’s not that he’s a bad coach but he’s certainly not at the level where he can skip the interview to work out if he’s the best fit.
Like it or not he’s not a sure thing and he should recognise that there’s a few questions surrounding him that he needs to address before handing him the keys.
If he can’t do the club the decency of interviewing the club, laying out his vision and discussing whether not he’s learned and developed from his past failings, then he clearly doesn’t have the proper desire for the job he claims he does.

efektor

Debutant
Sep 13, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Well good on Carlton supporters for showing morale. They sure look morally superior as bottom 8 rabble. ******* numpties that pick and choose.

The allegations are just the cherry on top of the pile of valid reasons people don’t want him at the club.

random260

Premiership Player
Apr 20, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
The allegations are just the cherry on top of the pile of valid reasons people don’t want him at the club.
So I've got a list of demands I collated from Carlton supporter
  1. Must attend Carlton prestigious interview
  2. Must lay out a vision for our club
  3. Discussing his learning
  4. Must have a tattoo of Carlton
  5. Must be a past Carlton player
  6. Must have experience and ideally a flag but must play with fast game plan
  7. Must have a perfect personal life
  8. Must have children
  9. Must not be ugly and thus scare of female fan

Am I exaggerating no because you turned your nose at Ross Lyon and some even at clarko

Capture.PNG

efektor

Debutant
Sep 13, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
So I've got a list of demands I collated from Carlton supporter
  1. Must attend Carlton prestigious interview
  2. Must lay out a vision for our club
  3. Discussing his learning
  4. Must have a tattoo of Carlton
  5. Must be a past Carlton player
  6. Must have experience and ideally a flag but must play with fast game plan
  7. Must have a perfect personal life
  8. Must have children
  9. Must not be ugly and thus scare of female fan

Am I exaggerating no because you turned your nose at Ross Lyon and some even at clarko

View attachment 1224425

Wow way to exaggerate.

Like it or not, Lyon is not a 100% proven coach.

I highly doubt he would go through the same process that all the untried coaches would go through for the selection process. Most likely he gets fast tracked to the end of the process and he answers some questions on how he plans to work with our list, how he’s kept on top of things tactically after some years away from being a coach. If he truly believes in his ability, he should be able to explain how he plans to fine tune his game plan for the 2022 season.

I’ve got no problems with a slow game plan. I tend to follow teams in other sports where they emphasised defense and a slower pace and I quite enjoy it. If Ross shows up to the interview and ticks off all the boxes then it’s all good.

However his career so far shows that he is not infallible and the last 20 years at Carlton have shown we cannot afford to give him control no questions asked. Malthouse had less red flags around him at the time and we rushed the hiring process and it turned out that the club and the coach weren’t on the same page and it all went to s**t.

If Lyon thinks he’s above the process or doesn’t want to answer those questions then that indicates to me that the panel has done its job in weeding out the wrong choices.

refresh

Club Legend
May 5, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
fremantle
I don't believe it is the process that has turned Lyon off the Carlton job but more the instability at so many levels. He virtually alluded to that last night on Football Classified. The final straw is been told one thing by the president and then the board leaking something different. He knows if the moving parts aren't in sync the club will go nowhere.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
It’s a valid point. Everyone thinks Chris Scott is a good coach yet other than that one flag when it’s generally agreed that Geelong were coaching themselves on field with the likes of Scarlett out there, Lyons finals record would be way better.
Lyons W/L record took a hit after Freo’s list fell off a cliff but prior to that it would have been better than most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shattered that we missed out on him. His record speaks for itself. One of the great H&A seasons in 2009 with St Kilda, coaches Freo to their 3 most successful seasons in the club's history.

Clarko aside, there's no better coach available. Factor in Clarko's state of mind and Ross's hunger for the job, Ross probably takes the cake.

chinggis77

Club Legend
May 14, 2008
Germany
AFL Club
Fremantle
Weren't pretty much all AFL games in the last few years - although it opened up a little this year - played like a Ross Lyon game plan?

Scoring dried up, games became more defensive. Perhaps Ross was ahead of his time. His peak St Kilda and Freo teams would probably have done better in the last few years given the way the game evolved, than during the Hawks-Cats era.

Ross' weakness was in trying to adapt - he only has one way. He brought over a few Hawks as assistants and tried to change the game plan and led us to, what was it - 10 straight losses to open the season.

TP86

Club Legend
Apr 16, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Look at how quickly and how many Carlton fans turned into RTB defenders and even boosters as soon as Clarkson pulled out of the race. If anything he's the most OVERRATED coach by the general public.

Back