Mega Thread COVID & AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Team,
as the season is approaching and there’s still much to discuss with regards to covid, please use this thread to talk about it and the potential impacts of it on the AFL season and the league more broadly. Please note however that if you want to talk about the politics of covid, the politics thread is the place for this and political posts in this thread will be deleted, please keep this thread to how it may impact the competition

Hope we don’t lose that home game against Brisbane we swapped, but can definitely see it happening. In the end, lockdown here ended and we COULD have had a crowd anyway. What a disaster.

Hope we don’t lose that home game against Brisbane we swapped, but can definitely see it happening. In the end, lockdown here ended and we COULD have had a crowd anyway. What a disaster.
Same with the Carlton game unfortunately
All that disruption over 1 case 😔

With Vic and COVID, St Kilda sucking arse and us down a home game, we'd have to be a chance of buying the home game of St Kilda right?

I dont think st kilda will want to do the mandatory 7 day quarantine tbh.

It would be great though imagine the scenario for freo beat st kilda in the final round to make the 8 and possibly knock the eagles out. Lose and were out surely there would 50k at the game if the finals spot was on the line.

Does at least on the surface seem very strange. AFL just announcing a boost for Essendon in that they have to play Gold Coast in Vic due to government restrictions. Next sentence they announce a venue found for the Collingwood v Brisbane game - the Gabba. Here I was thinking all these years that the Gabba was also in Queensland!

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've recently located to WA after several years in Melbourne and... I have to say I'm embarrassed by our despot, screamingly obvious populist Premier making his snide, nasty remarks about Eddie McGuire.

Whatever you think of Eddie - I love him - no-one can possibly question his basic decency as a human being and his passion for AFL ... and let's face it, STAR power.

If it's true, as Eddie says, that lowly AFL cadets are being allowed in, no questions asked, then it's truly a low point for WA. Premier McGowan - NSW born and bred, non-AFL interested - has obviously picked up that that there's a quite a bit of electoral advantage in bashing Eddie. Like I said, I'm embarrassed by the parochial, narrow-minded, mean-spirited attitude of unfortunately too many West Australians.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've recently located to WA after several years in Melbourne and... I have to say I'm embarrassed by our despot, screamingly obvious populist Premier making his snide, nasty remarks about Eddie McGuire.

Whatever you think of Eddie - I love him - no-one can possibly question his basic decency as a human being and his passion for AFL ... and let's face it, STAR power.

If it's true, as Eddie says, that lowly AFL cadets are being allowed in, no questions asked, then it's truly a low point for WA. Premier McGowan - NSW born and bred, non-AFL interested - has obviously picked up that that there's a quite a bit of electoral advantage in bashing Eddie. Like I said, I'm embarrassed by the parochial, narrow-minded, mean-spirited attitude of unfortunately too many West Australians.
You have sussed our premier pretty well .

Lol…”STAR power”. He’s just one in a long list of Melbourne STARS that think they should be here.

Uhh he's a racist who thinks the rules don't apply to him because he's better than them. You might want to re-think that stance champ.

Wow 😯
A more bigoted , racist , manipulative, arrogant, misogynistic person than Eddie I think would be hard to find .
McGowan might be painful but our state wouldn’t be and have been enjoying the freedoms we have without his leadership.
Good luck in WA 😉

Eddie tried to kid his kids in as producers. Basically lied on his G2G pass. Still trying to defend it

Wow 😯
A more bigoted , racist , manipulative, arrogant, misogynistic person than Eddie I think would be hard to find .
McGowan might be painful but our state wouldn’t be and have been enjoying the freedoms we have without his leadership.
Good luck in WA 😉
Don't worry hon... very comfortable without the 'good luck' you have generously bestowed on me 😉

At least i am able to think and reason for myself.

McGowan has unprecedented levels of popularity and majority, I think the reasons outlined by thewiz0033 are more believable than him trying to pull off some elaborate malarkey via McGuire.

Eddie tried to kid his kids in as producers. Basically lied on his G2G pass. Still trying to defend it

Exactly! We need ethical and well meaning leadership in WA like Nick Goiran and Peter Collier could have brought us. Those guys definitely would have plotted a pathway out of this Covid mess that wasn't self-serving and arrogant. They have proven to be outstanding citizens who have committed to serving the diverse community we live in, often to the detriment of their own power building. Unfortunately too many West Australians can't think for themselves and are guided by the 30% of the media in this country not controlled by the Liberal party.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back